+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR extension due to COVID 19 (unable to travel)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's on 3rd June 2020
If you knowthat you won’t be attempting to enter Canada by June 3rd you can request an extension. Plan on waiting 2-3 weeks past your expiry date or potentially more to get confirmation of your extension. Would do your best to try to land during that extension. Future extensions may require much more like new medicals, PCC, reason you can’t travel if there have been opportunities to travel, etc.

ranasingha001

May 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
What is the process of extending the COPR? I'm the daughter, Canadian citizen. My parents got approved and got the COPR, dad principal applicant, mom being the dependent. So I submit the webform, and then what happens? They will simply extend the COPR in their system or they would ask my parent to resubmit the passports and resend an email for the COPR, and return the passport with new stamps? Has anyone successfully done this, extended to a longer period, if yes how long is the extension basically?

My parents' COPR expires by July 1st week and I am really not comfortable letting them travel just for the same of becoming a PR cuz it would put their life at risk. I wonder if IRCC would consider extending the dates automatically for at least another 6 months. Please help!
They announce one update today in regards with expire copr. Please read the instructions. Thank you

ranasingha001

May 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Not

Nothing new here.
My COPR has expired on the 11th of May, and now I can travel, I have raised a webform and my application is reopened now. Don’t know how long it will take to get the extension.
You have to wait until renew your copr & further instruction from ircc. However, nobody can tell you how long it would take to formalise all the relevant procedure. So keep patient. You will get it as soon as the covid 19 situation improves. Thank you.

Reactions: Moizh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not

Nothing new here.
My COPR has expired on the 11th of May, and now I can travel, I have raised a webform and my application is reopened now. Don’t know how long it will take to get the extension.
Do to the large volume of requests and often multiple requests for the same people it will take a while for extensions to be processed. In addition some offices are still closed or working with partial staffing. All you can do is be patient and would not book a ticket until you have your extension.

Reactions: Moizh

ranasingha001

May 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Do to the large volume of requests and often multiple requests for the same people it will take a while for extensions to be processed. In addition some offices are still closed or working with partial staffing. All you can do is be patient and would not book a ticket until you have your extension.
Multiple requests for same person in same issue would delay response. As soon as you get acknowledgement for your inquiry please keep patient rather poke them. Thank you.

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
If you knowthat you won’t be attempting to enter Canada by June 3rd you can request an extension. Plan on waiting 2-3 weeks past your expiry date or potentially more to get confirmation of your extension. Would do your best to try to land during that extension. Future extensions may require much more like new medicals, PCC, reason you can’t travel if there have been opportunities to travel, etc.
Hey Canuck/other members,

Quick question on the COPR extension. Do we have to resubmit the passport to get new PRV and COPR since the original will get canceled?

Many thanks!

Last edited:

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Not

Nothing new here.
Any updates on this or from IRCC? Did they announce if they are going to auto extend COPR yet? Any official announcement. I see a lot of people speculating but I wonder if there are any actual official announcement yet other than replying to the webform.

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
Can someone please provide some insight into this?

Do we have to resubmit the passport to get new PRV and COPR since the original will get canceled?

Many thanks!

Moizh

May 3, 2019
Nothing new. We will just have to wait.
The sad thing is that even when you extend your PRV, your new visa will be considered as post Mar 18 visa, and you will not be exempted from travel to Canada.
So we have to wait till all travel restrictions are lifted.

ajaadi

May 10, 2017
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31/03/2019
AOR Received.
11-05-2019
Hi all
I am also in the same situation. My son's PR application was approved on Feburary 4,2020 and we reserved his travel on March 25, 2020.but due to covid 19 he could not travel till now. His COPR expired on June 2, 2020 and I already submitted web form but did not get any reply yet.any received any information?