Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Okay!

So we've been in touch with London and they said they posted the application to our lawyer (at the correct address, thank goodness!) and that it was mailed on March 8 (last Thursday). By my logic it should arrive before the end of the week or early next week. Hurray!

I'm looking to fly home to visit family in April (April 2 -- April 21) as the flights through the summer and autumn are extremely expensive. I can get a flight for a good price if I go the first week in April. If I were to do this, I would arrive back in Canada on April 22 and land as a PR on the way home.

Though it is partially down to how cheap the flights/how expensive they get once it hits may, the main reason I want to visit home and land on the way home is:

When you register for OHIP after landing, you're required to be in Canada for five out of the six months immediately after you land. If you're out of the country for more than four weeks in that six month period, you're not eligible for OHIP. Obviously that's no good, so I'd like to avoid that! :p The positive for flying out for a visit home before I land is that this three week trip wouldn't eat into those four weeks. Really, I'd like to keep the time I spend outside of Canada during the first six months to a minimum (in case there's an emergency and I have to go home for some reason!) so if I can take this trip before landing as a PR, I want to.

So my question is: I haven't got my COPR yet so I don't know what date I have to land by. If it is before April 21, then I'd have to return early (which is fine, I guess, I just wouldn't want to book flights and then have to change them and pay money for that!). I know that the COPR is only valid for a short time but I'm not sure what the expiration criteria is. I think it's date of medical or date of passport, whichever is first. I did my medical on May 24 last year, so I'm assuming it expires on May 24 this year. Is that correct? I'm just not sure...

I know you'll probably tell me the best thing to do is to wait and book my flights AFTER I get the COPR, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see if someone has a solid answer on COPR expirations...

My other question: Am I able to land without my sponsor? I am the applicant, from Ireland, and my boyfriend is Canadian. I would be making this trip home by myself and arriving back in Canada, at immigration, alone. What would I need to have with me?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Irishladyloo said:
Okay!

So we've been in touch with London and they said they posted the application to our lawyer (at the correct address, thank goodness!) and that it was mailed on March 8 (last Thursday). By my logic it should arrive before the end of the week or early next week. Hurray!

I'm looking to fly home to visit family in April (April 2 -- April 21) as the flights through the summer and autumn are extremely expensive. I can get a flight for a good price if I go the first week in April. If I were to do this, I would arrive back in Canada on April 22 and land as a PR on the way home.

Though it is partially down to how cheap the flights/how expensive they get once it hits may, the main reason I want to visit home and land on the way home is:

When you register for OHIP after landing, you're required to be in Canada for five out of the six months immediately after you land. If you're out of the country for more than four weeks in that six month period, you're not eligible for OHIP. Obviously that's no good, so I'd like to avoid that! :p The positive for flying out for a visit home before I land is that this three week trip wouldn't eat into those four weeks. Really, I'd like to keep the time I spend outside of Canada during the first six months to a minimum (in case there's an emergency and I have to go home for some reason!) so if I can take this trip before landing as a PR, I want to.

So my question is: I haven't got my COPR yet so I don't know what date I have to land by. If it is before April 21, then I'd have to return early (which is fine, I guess, I just wouldn't want to book flights and then have to change them and pay money for that!). I know that the COPR is only valid for a short time but I'm not sure what the expiration criteria is. I think it's date of medical or date of passport, whichever is first. I did my medical on May 24 last year, so I'm assuming it expires on May 24 this year. Is that correct? I'm just not sure...

I know you'll probably tell me the best thing to do is to wait and book my flights AFTER I get the COPR, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see if someone has a solid answer on COPR expirations...

My other question: Am I able to land without my sponsor? I am the applicant, from Ireland, and my boyfriend is Canadian. I would be making this trip home by myself and arriving back in Canada, at immigration, alone. What would I need to have with me?
1. Your COPR will be valid for 1 year after the date of your medicals or the expiry of your passport, whichever comes first. So it will expire May 23/12
2. No you don't need to have him with you.

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011