+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR expired .

jayakrishna

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Hi all , We family (me+wife+kid) got PR with expiry aug 2019 . I made my first landing on feb 2019 and living in Canada . My spouse and kid are back in home country and their PR got expired .now what are solutions that I have to sponsor their PR? If I start processing spousal sponsorship should I need to mention my spouse and kid UCI of expired PR While filling the spousal sponsorship application ? Let me know for additional details needed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all , We family (me+wife+kid) got PR with expiry aug 2019 . I made my first landing on feb 2019 and living in Canada . My spouse and kid are back in home country and their PR got expired .now what are solutions that I have to sponsor their PR? If I start processing spousal sponsorship should I need to mention my spouse and kid UCI of expired PR While filling the spousal sponsorship application ? Let me know for additional details needed.
Yes, you would apply under spousal sponsorship. UCI will remain the same for both so yes, use those numbers. When applying you may include a letter of explanation that they previously were in your app but were not able to join in Canada at that time.

olahamada

Aug 20, 2018
Same situation here, got my CoPR in Jan 2020, landed in Canada in May 2020 with my son. My husband's CoPR expired in September 2020 and I have been filling webforms since September 2020 with no help or clear answers, they keep sending Generic answers!!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Same situation here, got my CoPR in Jan 2020, landed in Canada in May 2020 with my son. My husband's CoPR expired in September 2020 and I have been filling webforms since September 2020 with no help or clear answers, they keep sending Generic answers!!!!
What are you asking them?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am asking them for a travel authorization letter or to extend his CoPR. No helpful replies, they keep saying let us know when you're ready to travel and when do you want to travel now!!
What kind of application did you submit originally? Was it family sponsorship?

If it was another kind, who was the principal applicant?

jayakrishna

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Yes, you would apply under spousal sponsorship. UCI will remain the same for both so yes, use those numbers. When applying you may include a letter of explanation that they previously were in your app but were not able to join in Canada at that time.
Hi,
Thanks. Is there any way to get the expired COPR extended that was expired before the pandemic?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
Thanks. Is there any way to get the expired COPR extended that was expired before the pandemic?
As far as I'm aware, the ONLY cases of extending/reissuing COPRs are due to the covid restrictions on entering.

It's possible there are other (very rare) cases but again, I think they will not apply to your case and you'll have to apply for sponsorship.

(Caveat, not an expert, if you wish to check with lawyers or others, by all means)

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
As far as I'm aware, the ONLY cases of extending/reissuing COPRs are due to the covid restrictions on entering.

It's possible there are other (very rare) cases but again, I think they will not apply to your case and you'll have to apply for sponsorship.

(Caveat, not an expert, if you wish to check with lawyers or others, by all means)

How long they take to extend/reissue the COPR❓