+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR expired cannot get SIN

roodrap

Jul 28, 2016
Hi - I recently moved to Canada (14 days quarantine ended yesterday). Today I went to apply for SIN but the officer said that my COPR has expired or is not valid. She has not seen this before. I am about to start a new job but if I don't have my SIN, I won't be able to do that. Any suggestions how can I get a new SIN?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi - I recently moved to Canada (14 days quarantine ended yesterday). Today I went to apply for SIN but the officer said that my COPR has expired or is not valid. She has not seen this before. I am about to start a new job but if I don't have my SIN, I won't be able to do that. Any suggestions how can I get a new SIN?
Are you compliant with your RO? Do you have your PR card?

roodrap

Jul 28, 2016
Are you compliant with your RO? Do you have your PR card?
Thanks for responding. Yes I am meeting the residency obligation. I have just applied for my first PR card. I bet there are many people in my situation since IRCC recently allowed entry via expired COPR. Without SIN, I cannot start my job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for responding. Yes I am meeting the residency obligation. I have just applied for my first PR card. I bet there are many people in my situation since IRCC recently allowed entry via expired COPR. Without SIN, I cannot start my job.
You said you had an expired COPR. When did you land as a PR? It looks like it may have been in 2017/18. The fact that you haven’t landed and applied for a SIN and PR card right away is your issue. Without a PR card you won’t be able to get a SIN. Have you met or are you on track to meet the 2 out of 5 year requirement?

roodrap

Jul 28, 2016
Yes - I can easily meet the 730 days requirement. I am gathering that there is no other avenue then to wait for the PR card. :-(

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Yes - I can easily meet the 730 days requirement. I am gathering that there is no other avenue then to wait for the PR card. :-(
Had that happen to a friend. He reached out to IRCC and they said they're working on it. By the time he heard from them, his PR card was already home but yea he had to wait for his PR card to arrive in Mail.

roodrap

Jul 28, 2016
Had that happen to a friend. He reached out to IRCC and they said they're working on it. By the time he heard from them, his PR card was already home but yea he had to wait for his PR card to arrive in Mail.
Thanks for responding. Do you know if IRCC expedited his PR card? Or if IRCC suggested any alternative?

Deepro

Mar 3, 2022
Hey
I am in same situation, can you guide me how to get pr card .
Please

Deepro

Mar 3, 2022
When did you land in Canada? Do you meet your RO?
I went to service Canada for the sin number
, they said my copr is expired to get sin and asked me to get the pr card and come back .

I did my soft landing in Nov 2019 and moved officially on March 2022. I didn’t had a address to give back in 2019 , so they haven’t issued any card .

Deepro

Mar 3, 2022
went to service Canada for the sin number
, they said my copr is expired to get sin and asked me to get the pr card and come back .

I did my soft landing in Nov 2019 and moved officially on March 2022. I didn’t had a address to give back in 2019 , so they haven’t issued any card .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I went to service Canada for the sin number

Apply for PR card.

mann.aman12

Nov 3, 2017
Apply for PR card.
Hey @armoured… My PR card approved in GC key..when I check information on under document status section , it shows wrong travel document number (passport number) what should I do ?? I know on PR card not showing this information but its wrong on online .