+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Error!

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Hi,

I received my COPR a few days back. But I noticed that my daughters' photos have been interchanged in their respective COPR letter. Name and other details are correct, as it is in the passport but photo are interchanged.

Is it an issue? Should I need to inform the authorities?

please share your suggestions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I received my COPR a few days back. But I noticed that my daughters' photos have been interchanged in their respective COPR letter. Name and other details are correct, as it is in the passport but photo are interchanged.

Just point it out to CBSA when landing.

walepiper

Apr 13, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
Med's Request
28-03-2019
Hi,

Hi @jokulpapa how did you resolve the issue because i have the same issue right now. My daughters pictures are affixed wrongly on each other documents. Thnaks.

jokulpapa

May 17, 2018
Hi @jokulpapa how did you resolve the issue because i have the same issue right now. My daughters pictures are affixed wrongly on each other documents. Thnaks.
Through VFS we sent a written letter to the consulate showing the mistake. They asked us to send the passports back immediately. they got it corrected. I think the whole work took twenty days.

Not sure what happens if you travel with the same COPR. But if you ask the consulate, they will, for sure, ask you to re-submit the passport.

All the best.

walepiper

Apr 13, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
Med's Request
28-03-2019
Through VFS we sent a written letter to the consulate showing the mistake. They asked us to send the passports back immediately. they got it corrected. I think the whole work took twenty days.

Not sure what happens if you travel with the same COPR. But if you ask the consulate, they will, for sure, ask you to re-submit the passport.

All the best.
Thanks for the prompt response @jokulpapa

So, you submitted both the COPR and Passport of only the affected or you sent all docs back to them?

Best Regards.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you mean the their COPRs have the pictures switched, just land. That is a simple clerical error and CBSA will just swap them.

Jul 18, 2019
Hi all,
My VO was Sydney and they have made a small mistake in COPR for Place of Birth. They made a typo in which they missed one letter (the last one). Is this an issue? How long does it take if I request the correction here in Sydney?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
My VO was Sydney and they have made a small mistake in COPR for Place of Birth. They made a typo in which they missed one letter (the last one). Is this an issue? How long does it take if I request the correction here in Sydney?
Not an issue and don't waste time trying to get it corrected. Just land and tell CBSA.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi all,
Most probably ran out of characters to write it down fully

@rhuq007

Jan 22, 2020
Hi. My husband’s place of birth is ok but they put the country of birth wrong. I was at VAC Sydney when I saw this and they took both of our passports and copr. I am really worried and anxious if anything will go wrong from here.

@rhuq007

Jan 22, 2020

All the best.
Hello. When you returned your COPR did the status in CIC account change as well- to “in progress”?

Abbaszaidi110

Jun 25, 2022
Hello,

I recently received my COPR for FSW-O earlier this week, however, they had printed the wrong country of issue for my travel document as India is instead of USA. My husband, the primary applicant, had received his visa and COPR with correct information in Pakistan 3 weeks ago. We raised this issue by emailing New York IRCC and our visa office London office. 2 days ago I received an email from NY IRCC that it is an error on their end and they will re-issue my COPR. After submitting the documents they requested, I mailed it out the very next day. Today we received an email from the London VO that they have cancelled both of our COPR so they can reissue with the correct information and they will notify when my husband has to resubmit the documents.

Has anyone been in a similar situation. I would appreciate all the help possible. @legalfalcon your help would be appreciated

Report Edit