+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Details in Application Status Tracker

Youshel1

Jan 3, 2023
Received RFV (PPR) today! After a call to Call centre yesterday, it’s a lottery to get through but it seemed to help :)

For all those who can see COPR numbers on the tracker - you passed all stages, including Security. There’s nothing left to pass, you just wait for them to contact you.
Congratulations , happy to see there is hope

Reactions: walnorez

Jasleenbrar26

Mar 17, 2023
Received RFV (PPR) today! After a call to Call centre yesterday, it’s a lottery to get through but it seemed to help :)

For all those who can see COPR numbers on the tracker - you passed all stages, including Security. There’s nothing left to pass, you just wait for them to contact you.
Oh my god!! Congratulations!!! So so happy for you

Reactions: walnorez

Youshel1

Jan 3, 2023

How long have you been waiting?

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020

Yayyy.. so happy for you.. thanks for providing an update..
How did you contact the ircc call centre? I mean which app you used to call the ircc number?

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
On application status tracker, everything is completed except eligibility. Eligibility is not even started but I can see a COPR number. Is this normal or does eligibility stays like this till the file is completed?

Youshel1

Jan 3, 2023
On application status tracker, everything is completed except eligibility. Eligibility is not even started but I can see a COPR number. Is this normal or does eligibility stays like this till the file is completed?
For me it's marked as completed

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Don’t worry, if COPRs are there that means that Eligibility was passed. Normally the tracker should show green Completed Eligibility for the PA, and if spouse was added post-AOR, then the her eligibility is not assessed, so it will stay grey.

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
Don’t worry, if COPRs are there that means that Eligibility was passed. Normally the tracker should show green Completed Eligibility for the PA, and if spouse was added post-AOR, then the her eligibility is not assessed, so it will stay grey.
Mine is completed, i am actually a expired COPR holder so everything for me is completed, it's my spouse's eligibility that is showing up as not started.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@avnijain if you see new valid COPR details for you and your spouse on the tracker, that means you passed all stages. You now just wait for RFV (if outlander) or portal credentials (if inlander). If outlander, RFV can take a while to come - from 2 weeks to 3 months. Consider that there’s a strike now and IRCC in Canada hardly works, so it can take even longer than that.

I have a guess that RFV issue is linked to the backlog at a specific VO, because RFV actually has a procedure to follow described here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/overseas-family-members/finalizing.html so that means that once COPRs are generated, officer in primary VO needs to assign secondary VO to process visas (or just paper COPRs if you are visa-free). And that VO is based on your current country of residence https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Let’s say that your secondary VO can issue 1000 visas per month, that means that they know what’s their current backlog and hence they put your case in the queue. Once their backlog reduces and your case gets into the next 1000 visas that they could potentially issue - they send you RFV. That could explain why it takes so long for outlanders to receive RFV after all stages were passed.

avnijain

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
@avnijain if you see new valid COPR details for you and your spouse on the tracker, that means you passed all stages. You now just wait for RFV (if outlander) or portal credentials (if inlander). If outlander, RFV can take a while to come - from 2 weeks to 3 months. Consider that there’s a strike now and IRCC in Canada hardly works, so it can take even longer than that.

I have a guess that RFV issue is linked to the backlog at a specific VO, because RFV actually has a procedure to follow described here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/overseas-family-members/finalizing.html so that means that once COPRs are generated, officer in primary VO needs to assign secondary VO to process visas (or just paper COPRs if you are visa-free). And that VO is based on your current country of residence https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Let’s say that your secondary VO can issue 1000 visas per month, that means that they know what’s their current backlog and hence they put your case in the queue. Once their backlog reduces and your case gets into the next 1000 visas that they could potentially issue - they send you RFV. That could explain why it takes so long for outlanders to receive RFV after all stages were passed.
Thanks for explaining it so well. My file is currently at New Delhi Visa Office in India. Not sure how much the strike in Canada will impact processing in other countries but it is slow nonetheless. It's already more than two months since they issued new COPR numbers.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
@avnijain if New Delhi is your primary VO then you're good, offices outside of Canada are not on strike. Try sending them some webforms to remind about yourself and best if you can reach the Call centre, as we got out RFV after 2.5 months of waiting only after reaching the IRCC Call centre. Webforms and ordering notes didn't help, but notes helped us to figure out the state of things - where we were, which checks were done and ultimately we saw that there's nothing left to process and that the application is at "Final: Approved" stage, despite webforms sending us automatic replies saying "It's in progress".

The call centre is in Canada, so it's on strike unfortunately. But nonetheless, you might be just 1 month away from the golden letter. Good luck and patience!

Reactions: avnijain