+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Details in Application Status Tracker

Jasleenbrar26

Mar 17, 2023
I always thought that the security is part of the background checks !. I have all the checks marked as completed since 22th February, Copr details were generated the same day.
Same here, All check completed on 22 feb and got my COPR details. Are you FSW-O??

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
I always thought that the security is part of the background checks !. I have all the checks marked as completed since 22th February, Copr details were generated the same day.
“Only after an officer makes a final determination on eligibility, will the security screening commence.” Check the screenshot with statuses from GCMS notes after this citation - all statuses are passed there besides Security.
https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/

I can confirm it’s same for me - all stages green on the tracker and statuses all passed, only Security is blank in the notes, despite COPR numbers being issued and having expiring validity. Also notes mention officer requesting RFV to be sent, but they redact Security in GCMS notes, so I can’t see that he sent the application to Security but apparently he only sent it at this stage because up until Jan23 I used to receive CBSA notes and saw notes unredacted and there was nothing lately on Security.

Last edited:
Reactions: abhijiths619

behi68

Jul 22, 2022
Hi everyone, I noticed the same thing today in application status tracker. COPR information is updated but I haven’t got any email so far from ircc. Having said that all stages shows completed in the status tracker.
can anyone share how long after this they got an email with COPR letter? I’m Outlander applicant.

Reactions: markcm

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi everyone, I noticed the same thing today in application status tracker. COPR information is updated but I haven’t got any email so far from ircc. Having said that all stages shows completed in the status tracker.
can anyone share how long after this they got an email with COPR letter? I’m Outlander applicant.
We’re sort of waiting here. Those who got PPR don’t come back that often to notify everyone about their timeline. eCOPR inland holders come back more often, because it takes them few days from seeing COPR on the tracker to receiving credentials to PR portal. But outlanders are doomed to wait - can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months or longer, assuming IRCC will actually issue RFV before COPRs will expire. I can say that outlanders are likely to start Security only once their eligibility and all stages were passed and non-comprehensive Security lasts on average 110 days, so 3,5 months.

2 months waiting here and 4 months of COPR validity left as of now. I assume it’s most likely for me to get RFV in end of May considering those 3,5 months.

student888

Jun 13, 2019
Since all my stages passed, it's been 2.5 months and no RFV. Maybe that's the final security check they're doing. Although since my Background Verification is complete I thought security was done too. Guess not. COPR number was generated as well but I don't know when that happened. I guess I wait one more month?

Reactions: walnorez

baryonix

May 21, 2019
“Only after an officer makes a final determination on eligibility, will the security screening commence.” Check the screenshot with statuses from GCMS notes after this citation - all statuses are passed there besides Security.
https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-security-screening/

I can confirm it’s same for me - all stages green on the tracker and statuses all passed, only Security is blank in the notes, despite COPR numbers being issued and having expiring validity. Also notes mention officer requesting RFV to be sent, but they redact Security in GCMS notes, so I can’t see that he sent the application to Security but apparently he only sent it at this stage because up until Jan23 I used to receive CBSA notes and saw notes unredacted and there was nothing lately on Security.
You can request CSIS note for this, they might contain info on Security check. Just select CSIS as department in the ATIP request form.
They will mail you the hard copy after 1-2 weeks ( a lot faster than CBSA or IRCC note).
I got mine after 2 weeks, but unfortunately at that time Security check is "Not Started" for me, so there wasn't any info in the note.
But also note that not all application will go to CSIS for Security Check, Because my friend (already got PR) requested it and it also shows No Info.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
You can request CSIS note for this, they might contain info on Security check. Just select CSIS as department in the ATIP request form.
They will mail you the hard copy after 1-2 weeks ( a lot faster than CBSA or IRCC note).
I got mine after 2 weeks, but unfortunately at that time Security check is "Not Started" for me, so there wasn't any info in the note.
But also note that not all application will go to CSIS for Security Check, Because my friend (already got PR) requested it and it also shows No Info.
I have requested CSIS notes and received it last week, it took 1 month to receive it. My CSIS notes look like a one pager with just a mention that info about candidate was searched back in 2022 and nothing was found. It’s 1 sentence only, no mention like ”In progress”, “Passed” or so on. Same sentence for PA and dependant.

Reactions: baryonix

Jasleenbrar26

Mar 17, 2023
I received two updates on application tracker dated 11 april and 13 april that they received my enquiry. I raised these webforms in mid march.

No update on GC key

Jasleenbrar26

Mar 17, 2023
I received a mail from donotreply@cic.gc.ca that they need something from me. When i open my gc key account the status was “Your action required “

when opened the message section, There was an INFORMATION LETTER which stated that jasleenbrar**@yahoo.com is my primary email address. Also to check my email and/or spam and LET THEM KNOW.

My question is: WHAT DO I CHECK FOR?? There is no other email in my mail or spam and How do i let them know that everything is alright

The additional document sectin status also changed to “ we need additional document to process your application. We will send you a message with more details”
Should i wait for some new communication??

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
I received a mail from donotreply@cic.gc.ca that they need something from me. When i open my gc key account the status was “Your action required “

when opened the message section, There was an INFORMATION LETTER which stated that jasleenbrar**@yahoo.com is my primary email address. Also to check my email and/or spam and LET THEM KNOW.

My question is: WHAT DO I CHECK FOR?? There is no other email in my mail or spam and How do i let them know that everything is alright

The additional document sectin status also changed to “ we need additional document to process your application. We will send you a message with more details”
Should i wait for some new communication??
Just send them a webform in response https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Reactions: Jasleenbrar26