+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Details in Application Status Tracker

Ipsingh95

Aug 4, 2017
Final Decision date should be available on GCKey portal.
Thanks for prompt reply.

Document that is downloaded has.

Page title "confirmation of permanent residence"
Then small paragraph
Says "when you are approved for permanent residence in canada, you will get confirmation of permanent residence document. Below are details about this document"

After that document number and expiry date.

Hopefully it means I am approved. But not quite sure bcoz no confirmation email yet.

Ipsingh95

Aug 4, 2017
Ohh okay. Ideally you should see the final decision date in GC key account and following that you could see COPR number in tracker and then get portal mails. Though I am not 100% sure, what I have heard is during final decision one more officer checks everything is okay and then approves the file. You are almost there. Yours could be anyday now
I think I will check it today again.
May be I should wait bcoz document received on 28 Feb after done my biometrics on 21st Feb.
So I might wait for a month. Should you say.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, I can see COPR number is assigned in Tracker portal last week. However, no email yet. I was reading above messages that it may take anywhere from 2 weeks to months to get that email. My COPR expiration date mentioned is mid July.

I am outside Canada and would like to confirm that now i need to wait for the instructions for biometrics and then will have to send my passport for visa stamping? Will the eCOPR be given after that? Also, what happens if the COPR expiry date is passed because of IRCC's delay?

I would really appreciate your help if you can answer these questions.
Curious, why are you expecting biometrics at this stage of application ?

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
May be I should wait bcoz document received on 28 Feb after done my biometrics on 21st Feb.
Not sure bro. For me first it was final decision followed by COPR number on tracker

canadaasp1

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Are you sure you don't have a final decision in GC key account? In GC key account as latest update you will see Final Decision then date followed by your application is in progress

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
My tracker shows Biometrics as in progress. Is this not a mandatory step for everyone?
You mentioned in your original post that CoPR details are visible on tracker which effectively means your application is near to approval. That wont be possible unless everything is completed.

gurindersingh122

Dec 11, 2020
Thanks for responding.

Yeah they did updated my enquiry in tracker (i am not sure if you are referring to this), I asked the lady if I can get in contact with Edmonton visa office, she said "there is no direct way to contact them". I appreciate your suggestion, will look up for visa office emails. Kai method; interesting:).

Thanks again:)
Hi, I received my COPR this morning,
I contacted IRCC last week about not getting Portal emails. Sent them Portal 1 details directly without them asking for it last Thursday. This Monday 12th March, I got Portal 2 generated, uploaded photos and details same day and got COPR this morning.

Overall timelines were:
AOR; September 19, 2023
Biometrics: December 15, 2023,
Medical passed: January 15 2024
Final decision date and everything completed in tracker: January 15, 2025
Contacted IRCC a couple times, raised enquiries, and webforms
Portal 2 opened on March 12th,
COPR generated in PR portal- March 14, 2024.

Good luck everyone and thanks for your ideas.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
I contacted IRCC last week about not getting Portal emails. Sent them Portal 1 details directly without them asking for it last Thursday. This Monday 12th March, I got Portal 2 generated, uploaded photos and details same day and got COPR this morning.

Overall timelines were:
AOR; September 19, 2023

Congrats !
Which visa office generated your COPR ?

ellorente2017

Dec 19, 2023
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2021
AOR Received.
03-08-2022

Overall timelines were:
AOR; September 19, 2023

I'm so glad to hear that! ...but I would like to know how did you send them Portal 1 details, please!!!????
Regards

gkindacool

Dec 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mentioned in your original post that CoPR details are visible on tracker which effectively means your application is near to approval. That wont be possible unless everything is completed.
You were right. Looks like things were nearing completion and I have received the PPR email. I need to send the passport with 2 photographs.
Quicknquestion on this, is sending PP via VFS Global the only option? Can't we go to the CHC and hand it over in the envelope?

My visa office is New Delhi, India.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
You were right. Looks like things were nearing completion and I have received the PPR email. I need to send the passport with 2 photographs.
Quicknquestion on this, is sending PP via VFS Global the only option? Can't we go to the CHC and hand it over in the envelope?

My visa office is New Delhi, India.
Sending passport through VFS is the only option

Reactions: gkindacool