+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR destination province and city

christa1

Jun 25, 2018
Hello,

When I was putting in my FSW-outland application I stated my place of destination as Vancouver. We have since changed our mind and will be settling in Toronto, however, I forgot to update this in the profile.

I have now received a COPR that has Vancouver as destination. What should I do?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello,

When I was putting in my FSW-outland application I stated my place of destination as Vancouver. We have since changed our mind and will be settling in Toronto, however, I forgot to update this in the profile.

I have now received a COPR that has Vancouver as destination. What should I do?
You're not obliged at all to settle in the city mentioned in your EE application or CoPR.
You go wherever you want! Except the province of Quebec of course...
Congratulations on your CoPR!

christa1

Jun 25, 2018
So I won't have any problems at the border when I say I'm actually going to Toronto?

Also, I noticed that on all of our COPR's, pub the bottom half of our photos is glued to the letter - is this normam?

We've been waiting for this moment for 8 years, so I might be a little bit too paranoid:)

May 18, 2018
So I won't have any problems at the border when I say I'm actually going to Toronto?

Also, I noticed that on all of our COPR's, pub the bottom half of our photos is glued to the letter - is this normam?

We've been waiting for this moment for 8 years, so I might be a little bit too paranoid:)
If you applied through FSW program, then irrespective of province details provided in your application, you are free to land and work in any province of your choice. Does'nt matter one bit!!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
If you applied through FSW program, then irrespective of province details provided in your application, you are free to land and work in any province of your choice. Does'nt matter one bit!!
Yes, but one needs to note that landing cannot be done in the province of Quebec.
Although they won't stop him, CBSA cannot process him as they need CSQ (Certificat de Séléction du Québec).
He will have to show onward itinerary to outside Quebec, and complete landing formalities in the next port of entry.
However, after you've been officially admitted as Permanent Resident, you can go to Quebec if you want, sure.

May 18, 2018
Yes, but one needs to note that landing cannot be done in the province of Quebec.
Although they won't stop him, CBSA cannot process him as they need CSQ (Certificat de Séléction du Québec).
He will have to show onward itinerary to outside Quebec, and complete landing formalities in the next port of entry.
However, after you've been officially admitted as Permanent Resident, you can go to Quebec if you want, sure.
Yes, I agree with that. Since, landing cannot be done Quebec, unless someone has received there PR through the Quebec immigration program. FSW candidates choose to land in any other province irrespective..and since Vancouver and Toronto are not in Quebec, shouldn't be a problem.