+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR delivery: How long does it take?

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
Hello,

I got an email from Ottawa saying my CoPR was issued by mail on October 29.
However, I haven't got it yet.
I don't think even Canada Post take that long to deliver a regular mail.
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive it or have experience about this?
I am worried if it's gone lost..
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
where do you live? we cant estimate without know in which province/city you are based....canada is very wide and canada post regular mail is very slow for sure ;D

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
where do you live? we cant estimate without know in which province/city you are based....canada is very wide and canada post regular mail is very slow for sure ;D
im in Ontario.
I thought it only took about 3 business days..

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
if you are in Ontario then you must be concerned because you should have received it already,i have a felling you will receive it next week,just wait that is all you can do at the moment.
just keep in mind that is a long weekend.
good luck

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
if you are in Ontario then you must be concerned because you should have received it already,i have a felling you will receive it next week,just wait that is all you can do at the moment.
just keep in mind that is a long weekend.
good luck
I'm not sure if the date they provided is when they actually "sent" my CoPR or when they printed it and put it somewhere for mailman to pick up.
Well either way,, its taking too long i guess.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
true,another possibility could be that is printed out oct29.you have waited long enough so an extra week or so won't matter i guess.
its funny how impatient you are and the more you become impatient the more things get delayed,just relax and be happy you are 99,99% a permanent resident already.the other 0,1% is the landing formality :p

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
true,another possibility could be that is printed out oct29.you have waited long enough so an extra week or so won't matter i guess.
its funny how impatient you are and the more you become impatient the more things get delayed,just relax and be happy you are 99,99% a permanent resident already.the other 0,1% is the landing formality :p
My visa expires on Nov 21
I just dont wanna go through any more hassles.. lol

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you will be able to land before 21th november for sure.in case you don't get your COPR in time,you can apply for a visitor visa online and you will be legally staying under implied status.

octskapp

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
you will be able to land before 21th november for sure.in case you don't get your COPR in time,you can apply for a visitor visa online and you will be legally staying under implied status.
Oh.. I meant my passport..
My passport expires on Nov 21 so CoPR will be valid until Nov 21.
I dont know what to do .. just sit and wait??