+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Appointments, what to bring

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
I just received my landing appointment email (pretty quick too, I only made the request last week and the appointment is next Tuesday) and wondered if anyone had any experience they could share from the appointment?

The letter says to take 2 x PR card photos. However, I already submitted those with my PPR and one of them was returned to me (attached to the COPR). Do I have to provide them again?

The letter also says to take evidence you have paid your RPRF. I paid that back when I submitted my application and I thought you couldn't get to COPR without having paid it. What evidence did everyone bring? I don't even remember getting a receipt...

What the letter doesn't say (nor does the COPR) is to bring proof of funds. I've seen many people say they took this. Why did they do so? Did the process change? Should I get a new letter from my bank?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Following - in the same boat! :)

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
1. It might been a glitch in the system but why go through the hassle about correcting it. I suggest you go ahead and bring 10 of them with you :D
2. There is a receipt that will be generated moments after you make your eAPR payment. You usually find it to be the first letter/message at the bottom of the application tracking page. Download this PDF and print it and bring it forward. Also , it won't hurt if you can print the tracking page of the actual application as it will always show a breakdown of whatever you paid for at the very bottom of this page.
3. I suggest you bring all the original documents you had already submitted with your application. They might just ask for any of them. I have seen people asked to show different set of documents and there seem to be no single pattern on this matter. It is left up to the officer to make a judgement call and ask for anything randomly.

Goodluck

Reactions: TanuP

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Thanks!

For the photos - I guess the problem is that it costs $40 every time and you must go to a professional photographer again (having been 2 weeks ago to get the same photos done)... Seems like a waste of time and money if they don't need them. Wonder if anyone has been through the process and confirm if they actually needed extra photos or not?

Found the receipt, thank you! It doesn't really show it's the RPRF fee (just shows the total amount including the application fee and reference number etc.) but hopefully it's enough...

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thanks!

For the photos - I guess the problem is that it costs $40 every time and you must go to a professional photographer again (having been 2 weeks ago to get the same photos done)... Seems like a waste of time and money if they don't need them. Wonder if anyone has been through the process and confirm if they actually needed extra photos or not?

Found the receipt, thank you! It doesn't really show it's the RPRF fee (just shows the total amount including the application fee and reference number etc.) but hopefully it's enough...
Well , you can go ahead and email your visa office but most probably you won't hear from them soon enough. Just go and get new ones and save your time.

It will show the total amount but will also show the receipt number which is important as they will check in their system that you have actually paid the required amount.

Regards,,,

Reactions: TanuP