Carlosmunoz08

Jul 22, 2018
Philippines
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-19
Hi All,

So recently we have received my COPR and with it, the stamp on our passports. I have noticed that on my COPR the category that we all have is 'SW1' however when I double checked the one-time entry visa stamped on our passports, it says 'IM-1'. Should these two be showing the same categories? If so, do I have a problem here?

Thanks!
Carlos

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi All,

So recently we have received my COPR and with it, the stamp on our passports. I have noticed that on my COPR the category that we all have is 'SW1' however when I double checked the one-time entry visa stamped on our passports, it says 'IM-1'. Should these two be showing the same categories? If so, do I have a problem here?

Thanks!
Carlos
IM-1 is the immigrant category.
SW1 is the specific stream of the IM category.

In other words, immigrants (IM category), could have obtained their immigrant status through various streams, such as Federal Skilled Worked (SW) like yourself, Family Class Sponsorship, CEC... etc. They are from different streams, but they're all the same technically as they're all "Immigrants". So it's no issue that your visa says IM and CoPR SW.

Moreover, the visa on your passport is a travel document in order to board a commercial transport (airline, train, etc...). It's to show that you have authorization to travel to Canada and settle permanently, like on a one-way ticket. Your CoPR is not a travel document. It's there to summarize all your info regarding your immigration.

Carlosmunoz08

Jul 22, 2018
Philippines
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-19
IM-1 is the immigrant category.
SW1 is the specific stream of the IM category.

In other words, immigrants (IM category), could have obtained their immigrant status through various streams, such as Federal Skilled Worked (SW) like yourself, Family Class Sponsorship, CEC... etc. They are from different streams, but they're all the same technically as they're all "Immigrants". So it's no issue that your visa says IM and CoPR SW.

Moreover, the visa on your passport is a travel document in order to board a commercial transport (airline, train, etc...). It's to show that you have authorization to travel to Canada and settle permanently, like on a one-way ticket. Your CoPR is not a travel document. It's there to summarize all your info regarding your immigration.
Thanks for clarifying Peacekeeper87. That actually made my heart race a bit. Whew. Calm again.