+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and Travel Restrictions

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Here is my experience coming to Canada which may help you to figure out the general context of Canada entry.I am COPR post 18 March which will expire on 27 June and I have AL because I am extended member but My wife and my sons don't have AL. We did go to the airport together to fly. Unfortunately, CBSA did chating with airline staff and they only allowed me to board. I decided to board alone to become PR, and 6 days after my flight, my family sucessfully fly separately without AL because they become immediate member of PR. The airline system is tricky with CBSA because without permission of CBSA, they don't allow people to board a flight, but It makes no sense that they don't allow my family fly together. Hope that helps guys.
Which airlinese, please?

I find it strange, then your family flew without an AL six days after your flight.... They didnt get an AL six days later. I am correct?
i don't understand the purpose of not allowing them to fly on the first trial

Last edited:

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Which airlinese, please?

I find it strange, then your family flew without an AL six days after your flight.... They didnt get an AL six days later. I am correct?
i don't understand the purpose of not allowing them to fly on the first trial
It's Qatar airline.You're right, they didnt get an AL 6 days later. CBSAs were so unsymphathic because I was still not PR on the first trial until the second trial. But they dont think we can fly together and certainly I will become PR just before my family and everything could be right. They said at least 1 day after my PR status was granted, my family could come to Canada without AL.

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
It's Qatar airline.You're right, they didnt get an AL 6 days later. CBSAs were so unsymphathic because I was still not PR on the first trial until the second trial. But they dont think we can fly together and certainly I will become PR just before my family and everything could be right. They said at least 1 day after my PR status was granted, my family could come to Canada without AL.
oh wow... sorry to hear that... cant find a logic behind it..
btw you got two boarding passes at once when you hand in your bags (at the counter) correct?... one to Doha and the other to canada
on the bright side, your family flew with a COPR post-March 2020 without an AL...mmm

Yekede

Mar 4, 2019

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Ur lawyer info is not updated. Many people travelled via USA on viait visa and moved to Canada within a day or 2
my lawyer said that if you want to land and confirm PR, then you can come from US as resident not as visitor in the US. although, hope we can (we have a visit visa to USA).. if you have a confirmed source then please let us know

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Then go to usa stay a day or so and go via land crossing. People have done so and it will save you 3 days hotel quarantine as well
how can i know that it works? i am waiting for my lawyer's answer..

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
May b someone who travelled can share also u can check on caanda website who can enter canada
yes..i've checked.. but the problem is whether goinf to USA for visit 1-2 days and then moving to canada as PR is allowed.. it says coming from the US but it doesn't say what is your status in the US..

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
oh wow... sorry to hear that... cant find a logic behind it..
btw you got two boarding passes at once when you hand in your bags (at the counter) correct?... one to Doha and the other to canada
on the bright side, your family flew with a COPR post-March 2020 without an AL...mmm
Yeah, It's right, 2 boarding pass at once

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
hello.. guys who has a trusted source regarding the travel to confirm the PR.. through USA? i have valid visit visa to the US..
on the other hand, any updates regarding the travel restrictions? new link or announcements?

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
hello.. guys who has a trusted source regarding the travel to confirm the PR.. through USA? i have valid visit visa to the US..
on the other hand, any updates regarding the travel restrictions? new link or announcements?
hi Hasan

In terms of announcements, as per the Prime Minister, they are not in a hurry to open their borders yet. But there are talks between USA/Can and pressure by the ppl to open up.

And in terms of vaccinations, Canada is ramping up and surpassing a lot of countries in terms of the vacc-ed population. A lot of provinces are easing up, as an example, Quebec soon will announce that its province will go green.. Alberta reached second stage and one more stage pending before going green