+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and Travel Restrictions

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I don't think so, once you receive that written authorization and your documents are valid, I believe you should be good to go...

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
My wife’s parents are permanent resident of Canada, and from what I have read online my wife and kids qualify for extended family but not sure if I fit in that criteria. Any idea?

Thanks
I reckon you might be exempted - It never hurts to try. Just submit a complete application via Email. Best of luck.
how would your extended family in canada declare you in their imm006 application, while only your spouse be eligible?

Would like more info on this if any.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
how would your extended family in canada declare you in their imm006 application, while only your spouse be eligible?

Would like more info on this if any.
That is what I don’t know.. I can have them fill out three separate forms for my wife and two kids if that works but not sure about mine..

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-increas-travel-restrictions-1.5888231

For those without AL, future doesn't look good...
Guess it will take another century until post march 18 valid CoPR holders be exempt from travel restrictions
Yup.. not looking good.. but they need to be more strict on Canadian Citizens and PR holders from going on vacation to Florida, Arizona and the Caribbean’s.. or else these lockdowns won’t be of much use.. they need to go all in like what Australia and New Zealand did 11 months ago.. but looks like Canada is already too late to the party..

Last edited:

slugger

Jan 28, 2021
I am also post-18th March COPR and am thinking of going down the Written Authorization route (my brother is a Canadian citizen). While filling out IMM 0006, should I fill out the purpose of travel to "Settle in Canada" or what? The rest of the form and process seems straight-forward. @Yassinesnit @ssp2020

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thank you. Can extended family members travel to Canada?
Up to my understanding on Visitor visa only unless are citizens. Meaning landing with PR visa needs pre approvals or will be subject to fly back to origination. If you have a family who or whom are citizens you might be able to travel but not sponsor anybody you can't take anyone with you now.