+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and timing

Future Dr.D

Jun 13, 2019
hello guys,

I have submitted my PR application last December. It’s been almost 8 months and I am still waiting on a decision. My medical exam expires 11-14 . I am currently in the US as a student in the US and I am afraid I will be rushed to land which will affect my studies time. Does anyone know what causes these delays or when they are more likely to send me a passport request ? At this point I’d love for them to take as long as a year or so ‍♀

Jul 29, 2019
Your medical exam assumed to be done in the U.S.A, would be extended by IRCC for up to 9 months if the approval date is not very far away[gernally within 3 months] from the expiration date.

The U.S. is a low-risk nation, thus the extension in most cases is automatic.

In high-risk nations, you almost always need to redo your medical exam.

Future Dr.D

Jun 13, 2019
Your medical exam assumed to be done in the U.S.A, would be extended by IRCC for up to 9 months if the approval date is not very far away[gernally within 3 months] from the expiration date.

The U.S. is a low-risk nation, thus the extension in most cases is automatic.

In high-risk nations, you almost always need to redo your medical exam.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did get my medical done in the US. I am more reassured now as I need more time in the US to complete my studies (or at least get as much done as I can).

Thank you for the information provided.

Jul 29, 2019
You have to
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did get my medical done in the US. I am more reassured now as I need more time in the US to complete my studies (or at least get as much done as I can).

Thank you for the information provided.

Even with the extension, you would have to land before the extension is expired.

Also, I advise you to change your habit now to stop using the American order when you write dates in all number. Use Nov 14th, instead of 11/14.
Otherwise, something like 8/9 would be extremely confusing and would backfire occasionally on your face.