+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and PR visa after Canada travel restrictions (18 March)

SameenaH26

Jul 19, 2018
Submitted my passport in March through VFS in Dhaka, Bangladesh. VFS has been closed ever since with no certainty as to when it will open. Tracked my passport. it's in Singapore VAC, showing under processing ever since. Would love to hear about any updates from your side.

Waiting for the world to go back to normal again.

Greetings all,
I was wondering if anyone has received their COPR and PR visa after the whole corona virus and travel restrictions?
I submitted my passports on 15 March and uptill now, it is still under processing..

Is there anyone facing the same situation? OR is there anyone who has received their COPR after that date?

Hope to get any replies.

EricD

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I received PPR on Mar 10 and send docs to VFS on Mar 17. Got my COPR on Mar 23 and still waiting for travel ban to be lifted...
Planning to write an email to IRCC to call for exempting all COPR holders from the travel ban

Ramieves

Apr 18, 2020
Guys!!!
Any news about COPRs after March 18th???
Do you have any ideas/supposition about what we can do???
So tiresome to wait more and more. It's already 5 months that we are not allowed to settle permanently in Canada.

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi everyone !
I submitted my passport on march 16 and got message of passport collection on march 20 but I couldn't pick it because of this Pandemic.... However I received my COPR and PRV recently .

Copernicus

Mar 22, 2020
Hi everyone !
I submitted my passport on march 16 and got message of passport collection on march 20 but I couldn't pick it because of this Pandemic.... However I received my COPR and PRV recently .
Just discovered this thread. I'm in the same boat, having received CoPR on March 20. Got my passport in my hand in the first week of July. Now waiting more news from IRCC, but it seems like they've forgotten us. Maybe the end of August will bring in some news.

Reactions: Sharan083

Ramieves

Apr 18, 2020
Just discovered this thread. I'm in the same boat, having received CoPR on March 20. Got my passport in my hand in the first week of July. Now waiting more news from IRCC, but it seems like they've forgotten us. Maybe the end of August will bring in some news.
Completely agree. There is no mention anywhere about people with COPR after March 18.
On the one hand, traveling with COPR is non-discretionary.
On the other hand, we are not allowed due to the day breaking restrictions.

qwerty2020

Nov 20, 2019
Hello guys received my COPR on 07 July 2020 expiring on 21 October 2020. No idea what to do.
Hi! We're pretty much on the same boat. COPR issued in May and expiring on October 22. I am willing to travel and settle in Canada now but it feels like a dead end. I have raised a webform that I am ready to travel and even attached a one-way ticket, but they responded with the standard rules about the exemptions being for those with COPR issued on or before March 18 only.

Anyone out there who has an idea on what to do, please help! I am located outside Canada and America.

Reactions: Copernicus

@rhuq007

Jan 22, 2020
Hi! We're pretty much on the same boat. COPR issued in May and expiring on October 22. I am willing to travel and settle in Canada now but it feels like a dead end. I have raised a webform that I am ready to travel and even attached a one-way ticket, but they responded with the standard rules about the exemptions being for those with COPR issued on or before March 18 only.

Anyone out there who has an idea on what to do, please help! I am located outside Canada and America.
Same boat :(

SameenaH26

Jul 19, 2018
My Express Entry application was approved on march 26th, passport submitted to VFS on 18th march, received at Singapore VAC on 23rd march. Now my Express entry profile shows that "Your document has expired." Worried with all the uncertainty. Don't know what to do.