+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR and Passport did not get signed or stamped by the immigration officer at the airport

chocozstar

Dec 3, 2019
I have arrived at the Toronto Pearson Airport on the 31st August 2021 with Spousal CoPR and have been successfully intrviewed by a border officer but he did not sign my CoPR and stamp a passport. I need to apply for the the SIN no, BANK ACCOUNT and HEALTH CARD etc.
The eCAS status still shows decision made and the GCKey has nothing to prove that I have arrived Canada.

I have numerous time contacted IRCC(nobody answers the phone) and the CBSA tells to contact IRCC.
submitted a WEBFORM but no response yet. I have not received any invitation to fill up a PR portal to declare my arrival to CANADA. We are panicking
Please help with a solution.

chocozstar

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, my wife also got into this situation. Please tell us if you managed to resolve this issue?
Go to the Land border at rainbow bridge Niagara first thing in the morning tomorrow and tell you need a FLAGPOLE because airport boarder forgot to sign and stamp your docs. I got it done 3 days ago.

Reactions: rubz9911

kgrewal89

Oct 13, 2021
Thank you for responding promptly! I have two further questions:

1. We are in Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island), so can we do the Flagpole at local airport also?
2. In case that will not work, can we do Flagpole at land border (I assume any land border) without US visa?

Thanks in advance! It really helps!

Reactions: chocozstar

chocozstar

Dec 3, 2019
I am afraid it’s out of my knowledge. When I called pearson airport they told us to contact IRCC and never excepted their fault which was sad and encouraged me to almost complain to ombudsman because IRCC would not answer calls or reply to the webforms.

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Go to the Land border at rainbow bridge Niagara first thing in the morning tomorrow and tell you need a FLAGPOLE because airport boarder forgot to sign and stamp your docs. I got it done 3 days ago.
did you directly go to the CBSA office or flagpole at the US side? I ask coz the IM-1 is a single entry visa and technically you entered at Pearson - my parents have tge same situation- there were not sent to secondary

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
If i were you I’d go to the airport(international arrivals) and find CBSA officials, explain the situation and try to get them to do the processing/landing again…..how the hell did the system allow u into canada if they didn’t process properly, get them to check, ask for a superintendent to escalate if necessary

i think there’s a Govt/Canadian flag type sign saying something like “government services” where there’s a phone to call cbsa

or ask one of the workers inside pearson to assist…..hard to find helpful people….but there’s always some cbsa folks going for coffee at timmies etc within airport

good luck

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
or ask one of the workers inside pearson to assist…..hard to find helpful people….but there’s always some cbsa folks going for coffee at timmies etc within airport
The poster is in Prince Edward Island and so Pearson airport is a bit far.

Very unlikely they landed in PEI because I don't think there are even scheduled intl arrivals there - and although I see there is some CBSA presence (I presume only for occasional private or chartered flights) even CBSA probalby doesn't operate all the time.

That said, if you can find out when CBSA is open at the airport there, won't hurt to try. Small office, they might be nice and find the situation humorous.

But I'd still try MP's office.

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks all. I got the situation handled. Went to Pearson and followed the “Government Services” sign as you said @canvis2006 till it split to NEXUS/CBSA. Buzzed the door a few times until someone answered and they asked for reason to see an officer - narrated the story and they let us in - one officer was waiting for us and processed everything- pretty quick turnaround no questions asked.

the key as @chocozstar mentioned is to be polite and nice and that works.

@armoured - calling the MPs office is an option but not sure it works - I was sent a consent form for immigration help to be filled by hand and sent with a note that someone from their office would contact in 20-30 working days to discuss the case before contacting the immigration office. I don’t think that wait made sense living in worry for that long.

Reactions: armoured

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
Thanks all. I got the situation handled. Went to Pearson and followed the “Government Services” sign as you said @canvis2006 till it split to NEXUS/CBSA. Buzzed the door a few times until someone answered and they asked for reason to see an officer - narrated the story and they let us in - one officer was waiting for us and processed everything- pretty quick turnaround no questions asked.

the key as @chocozstar mentioned is to be polite and nice and that works.

@armoured - calling the MPs office is an option but not sure it works - I was sent a consent form for immigration help to be filled by hand and sent with a note that someone from their office would contact in 20-30 working days to discuss the case before contacting the immigration office. I don’t think that wait made sense living in worry for that long.
@canvis2006 hi, do you know if I can do the same at Vancouver International Airport? I have pretty similar problem. Thank you.