+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

John17doe

Aug 25, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,
Hi all,
I'm an expired COPR , I got UE in September 2021, we were blessed by newborn recently, so I sent my newborn's documents the end of October but till now they don't add her under my list of dependents,
On the 18th of November I noticed GU, but nothing change in my profile..do you think its a good sign?? And please what's the real meaning of GU? Does it take a long time to add a baby??
Takes at least 6 months I believe to add a baby… could be longer

Reactions: mayacan

Ajourney

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Did any one have their medical update move to you don’t need a medical after remedical? If so how long did it take to go to medicals passed? Managed to get through to IRCC agent today and they said medical has been received but not processed yet.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon My COPR appears to have arrived back at the NY VFS but I got a message saying it's ready for pickup? I had paid for two way shipping and I'm nowhere near the VAC, is this common or do I need to contact VFS to correct it. I attached my return label and envelope too.

The message is as follows:

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. (redacted) has been received from the IRCC Office on (date) at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/USA. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
@legalfalcon My COPR appears to have arrived back at the NY VFS but I got a message saying it's ready for pickup? I had paid for two way shipping and I'm nowhere near the VAC, is this common or do I need to contact VFS to correct it. I attached my return label and envelope too.

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. (redacted) has been received from the IRCC Office on (date) at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, New York and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/USA. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.
Congratulations!! That`s the generic message everyone receive from VFS. Hopefully VAC is closed till Monday. Once NY VAC dispatched the package to you, they will send an update again.

Paul2019a

Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

I need to do soft landing with my family from India.
However my teenage child is not vaccinated…as obviously we don’t have vaccinations for below 18 yet.

Recently I read somewhere that everyone above 12 must be fully vaccinated to be allowed to board flight from Canada.
Hence can anyone advise if we could face any issue for my child boarding at Canada airport while coming back to India - as he would be above 12 yrs but unvaccinated?

The issue is that vaccinations haven’t started for below-18 in my country yet. Also, since we are planning to do soft landing and stay in Canada only for a few weeks, there is not enough time to register for and then get both doses done with the required gap in-between in Canada as well.
Hence the uncertainty.

Any advise or workaround, pls?

Will it help in any way if we can get 1st dose done before the travel, which would make my kid partially vaccinated?

Thanks

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi,

I need to do soft landing with my family from India.
However my teenage child is not vaccinated…as obviously we don’t have vaccinations for below 18 yet.

Recently I read somewhere that everyone above 12 must be fully vaccinated to be allowed to board flight from Canada.
Hence can anyone advise if we could face any issue for my child boarding at Canada airport while coming back to India - as he would be above 12 yrs but unvaccinated?

The issue is that vaccinations haven’t started for below-18 in my country yet. Also, since we are planning to do soft landing and stay in Canada only for a few weeks, there is not enough time to register for and then get both doses done with the required gap in-between in Canada as well.
Hence the uncertainty.

Any advise or workaround, pls?

Will it help in any way if we can get 1st dose done before the travel, which would make my kid partially vaccinated?

Thanks
If your child has just turned 12, there is a 4-month exemption period following their 12th birthday in which they won’t be required to be vaccinated or tested. This gives children the time to receive both shots of the COVID-19 vaccine.
For example, if your child's 12th birthday is in January, the child can travel in January through April without providing proof of vaccination or a test result. In May, the child would be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated youth 12 to 17 years of age are subject to the 14-day quarantine, and all testing requirements for pre-entry, arrival and Day-8 tests, whether or not they are accompanied by travelers who qualify as a fully vaccinated traveler.
COVID-19 Boarding flights and trains in Canada – Travel.gc.ca

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019

Congratulations!

Reactions: raindropcreature

capriram

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hi guys, any update on PPR for those who did remedical recently? I passed my medicals for the third time on 20 Nov 2021 but have heard nothing since. :( My application is approved since more than a year now.. all they keep doing is sending remedical request every year.

rukaye

Nov 1, 2019
Takes at least 6 months I believe to add a baby… could be longer
I have fairly same time as yours, sent all documents for newborn in October but he was added in December. Now a medical has been requested even though I have submitted an upfront medical. I have emailed and sent web form. I think you
should email and send web form and wait
For their response.

Budo

Jan 29, 2020
How long do we wait for the next step after remedical passed. Is it going to be for another year then they request medicals again? Seems IRCC don't understand the value of time.

Dimps18

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys, any update on PPR for those who did remedical recently? I passed my medicals for the third time on 20 Nov 2021 but have heard nothing since. :( My application is approved since more than a year now.. all they keep doing is sending remedical request every year.
I passed my remedical on 24th November and still awaiting PPR..

manojkc

Sep 6, 2021
Hi all, I received the PPR on 16th of nov' 2021, despite of the fact that me and my family are physically present in Canada since one and a half year. That letter was further advising to inform the IRCC if we are present in Canada. I immediately responded back on the very same date but now its been one and a half month and am still waiting to receive a virtual landing email. In this regards I have already raised several webforms but till date didn't hear anything from the IRCC. Please if anybody could suggest me on this.

Ajourney

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Did any one have their medical update move to you don’t need a medical after remedical? If so how long did it take to go to medicals passed? Managed to get through to IRCC agent today and they said medical has been received but not processed yet.