Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
05 July 2019
AOR Received.
5th August 2019
Did you receive the UE or not yet? What does your cic account state? Whats your VO and AOR?
Hi,
No, I didn’t receive UE. The account states we are processing your application. Ordered GCMS notes which again show the final decision blank, rest all completed and verified
VO is NDVO
AOR 5th August 2019
PPR 1 received 17/02/2020
PPR Expired 24/04/2020

DrCanada55

Aug 19, 2020
Chandigarh India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
05 July 2019
AOR Received.
5th August 2019
We are pretty much on the same boat. My future plans depend a lot of this thing. I am not sure what can we do to expedite...waiting is the only option? I'm afraid my medical will expire again in Jan 2022 then what?
We have tried everything: calling them (doesn’t get through), web forms, emails, GCMS notes
Infact we’re clueless about the future steps as well! Now that a new variant has emerged. They’re going to search for more excuses to delay the process.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Travelers are only banned if they have been in those list of countries in the last 14 days. So you can stay in another place for 2 weeks and then travel to Canada
Going by your timeline hopefully you and bhaskarm should be hearing soon on your PPRs.
All the best.

Reactions: bhaskarm

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
So I am that guy who got a PR visa that expires in several days. I just flew to DTW yesterday, drove a rental car across the Detroit-Windsor border, became a PR, and used AVR to return to Detroit on the same day. Below are the details.

At the first Canadian post, I submitted my passport, COPR, COVID test(maybe), and was directed to park outside the customs building with a brown/yellow slip. I waited in the building for a while, submitted the above documents plus ArriveCAN. Nobody asked to see my Vaccine Card or proof of funds in the whole process. I was repeatedly asked for the Goods to Bring/Follow forms and I always replied since I was here to finalize my PR landing, I didn't have the forms.

At the end of the landing process, they told me my PR card would be mailed to my address on file, but I said, "you never asked me for my address." The officer then checked the system and said, "your address in the system is American, and we cannot mail your card there." I asked, "could I tell you my Canadian friend's address and have you update it here? I am really staying with that friend once I move permanently." He said, "it's not on us to do that, ask CIC. And if you want to get your card, you should move here permanently, not use your friend's address." Don't get me wrong, the customs officers were all super friendly throughout the process and applauded multiple times for me. I was thrilled! However, folks on the forum, any advice on how I could contact CIC and convince them to mail my PR card to the Canadian address? Much appreciated!

After driving on the streets of Windsor for a few minutes, I drove back to the US border control. The wait was a bit longer, but the customs officers were also very friendly and patient. I asked for visa revalidation because my visa had expired, submitted my I-94 form and employment verification letter, and was sent on my way before too long. One interesting caveat is that they popped the hood and trunk of my car to check for anything suspicious. Interesting experience overall and not a trace of hostility.

Good luck to you all!

Last edited:

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
H
@bhaskarm

So I am that guy who got a PR visa that expires in several days. I just flew to DTW yesterday, drove a rental car across the Detroit-Windsor border, became a PR, and used AVR to return to Detroit on the same day. Below are the details.

At the first Canadian post, I submitted my passport, COPR, COVID test(maybe), and was directed to park outside the customs building with a brown/yellow slip. I waited in the building for a while, submitted the above documents plus ArriveCAN. Nobody asked to see my Vaccine Card or proof of funds in the whole process. I was repeatedly asked for the Goods to Bring/Follow forms and I always replied since I was here to finalize my PR landing, I didn't have the forms.

At the end of the landing process, they told me my PR card would be mailed to my address on file, but I said, "you never asked me for my address." The officer then checked the system and said, "your address in the system is American, and we cannot mail your card there." I asked, "could I tell you my Canadian friend's address and have you update it here? I am really staying with that friend once I move permanently." He said, "it's not on us to do that, ask CIC. And if you want to get your card, you should move here permanently, not use your friend's address." Don't get me wrong, the customs officers were all super friendly throughout the process and applauded multiple times for me. I was thrilled! However, folks on the forum, any advice on how I could contact CIC and convince them to mail my PR card to the Canadian address? Much appreciated!

After driving on the streets of Windsor for a few minutes, I drove back to the US border control. The wait was a bit longer, but the customs officers were also very friendly and patient. I asked for visa revalidation because my visa had expired, submitted my I-94 form and employment verification letter, and was sent on my way before too long. One interesting caveat is that they popped the hood and trunk of my car to check for anything suspicious. Interesting experience overall and not a trace of hostility.

Good luck to you all!
Hello there,
Thanks for sharing your short notice travel experience in detail. You could have carried the Goods to Bring/ Follow forms and obtained the immigration officers signature and official stamp/ seal on it. This process would have allowed you to obtain tax exemption across the border for your future move. I was assuming you are aware of this procedure. Nevertheless, I am glad you could successfully complete the landing process even on such a short notice.
I will DM you for the AVR process. I need your help with that.

Reactions: Lilian2021

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
H
Hello there,
Thanks for sharing your short notice travel experience in detail. You could have carried the Goods to Bring/ Follow forms and obtained the immigration officers signature and official stamp/ seal on it. This process would have allowed you to obtain tax exemption across the border for your future move. I was assuming you are aware of this procedure. Nevertheless, I am glad you could successfully complete the landing process even on such a short notice.
I will DM you for the AVR process. I need your help with that.
I believe I can get the stamp when I move permanently. Do you have any advice on mailing the PR card, though?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi Friends, anyone have an idea whether COPRs from Omicron banned countries are allowed to travel to Canada?
For travelers who have been in any of the following countries within 14 days before arriving in Canada: Botswana, Egypt, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe.

Foreign nationals are not permitted entry into Canada. This includes international students and foreign workers.

The Government of Canada is increasing the number of fully vaccinated travelers being selected for testing to reach 100% of vaccinated travelers in the coming weeks.

Travel to some other country. Stay for 15 days then travel. No other option, I guess. Rules are changing frequently so keep on checking official webpage before any travel.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019

Good luck to you all!
Congratulations, its done.
thankyou for that elaborate post, makes things quite clear. The simple way is to raise a webform n they should answer quickly since you are not one of the ‘in the process’ applicants.
Have you tried the online system for the pr cards, I remember something launched recently, if that can give you some information.

How do you return back to Canada, if you dont possess the pr card? Do they issue you another document once you have landed or stamp in your passport?

Reactions: ARookie