+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Tomorrow is the 31st of October and I still did not receive the UE.
should I raise a webform or wait for this coming Tuesday may they will send it ?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Been 7/8 months since re-medical. ~5 months since travel authorization letter expired. Have ~4 months before the new CoPR expires. Haven't received any other communication since.

Hopefully, things get sorted out properly for everyone waiting.
Do you have a valid CoPR?

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
I am curious, what communication are you expecting from IRCC since you have a valid COPR.
@Canadianblood - I don't have the actual document. They only changed my status online but I haven't received a new CoPR nor a request to get a new visa on my passport.

Hopefully, I am not missing something? My first application/submission was handled by representatives, so, it is possible I am missing something this time around. Please let me know if that's the case, thank you.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Tomorrow is the 31st of October and I still did not receive the UE.
should I raise a webform or wait for this coming Tuesday may they will send it ?
I raised webform on 13th Oct and received Afghan excuses reply on 14th Oct early morning. I also receive UE on 14th Oct early morning but UE was dated as 12th Oct. I was very much surprised. That must be a coincidence. Raising a webform won`t make any harm to our file so just give a try.

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi guys,

My COPR had expired in March 2021.
Last month I received an email from IRCC asking whether I'm eligible to immigrate to Canada. I said "Yes"

Yesterday I received a status update on my Express Entry Profile "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

The other items on my dashboard state the following:
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - January 9, 2020 Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Based on the above information, it is my best guess that I do not need to do anything, other than wait for any further instruction from IRCC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also the part of review of eligibility confuses me. I'm not sure what eligibility are they going to check. Does any of you have any idea about the factors they will check?

Reactions: bhaskarm

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,

My COPR had expired in March 2021.
Last month I received an email from IRCC asking whether I'm eligible to immigrate to Canada. I said "Yes"

Yesterday I received a status update on my Express Entry Profile "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

The other items on my dashboard state the following:
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents. Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - January 9, 2020 Completed.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Based on the above information, it is my best guess that I do not need to do anything, other than wait for any further instruction from IRCC. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also the part of review of eligibility confuses me. I'm not sure what eligibility are they going to check. Does any of you have any idea about the factors they will check?
I think thats a standard wherever the application is in submitted state. And is logical one as well.

Untill it is approved, the eligibility would be under review ( medical review is also a part of eligibility review I would think). So nothing to be worried about.

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
I think thats a standard wherever the application is in submitted state. And is logical one as well.

Untill it is approved, the eligibility would be under review ( medical review is also a part of eligibility review I would think). So nothing to be worried about.
Thanks CNP.

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
I think it is important that you send IRCC the re-med result informing them you've done re-med instead of not mailing them and just waiting.
@CCYAN How do you inform them other than the webform?

I keep reading how people got some UM/UE emails, got their re-medicals and were supposed to reply back to those emails after they got their re-medicals. I got a re-medical request back in January but never received any email asking me to let them know about my re-medicals. I really don't know whom to contact (and how) given the webform has the standard, automated replies so far. Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Last edited:

CCYAN

Mar 8, 2021
@CCYAN How do you inform them other than the webform?

I keep reading how people got some UM/UE emails, got their re-medicals and were supposed to reply back to those emails after they got their re-medicals. I got a re-medical request back in January but never received any email asking me to let them know about my re-medicals. I really don't know whom to contact (and how) given the webform has the standard, automated replies so far. Any help/guidance is appreciated.
I replied to the "Still Interested" email again, attached the result, and told them we have done re-meds.

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
I replied to the "Still Interested" email again, attached the result, and told them we have done re-meds.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Will try to find a different way to contact them since I got my re-meds done in January but never received the "Still Interested" email.

Reactions: Ajourney

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
That was posted by `Shelby Thevenot` on 1st Sept. You can check that on her twitter for detail.
That's the one. Thanks for clarifying! They seem to not have hit this promised deadline though as I can see a fair few have yet to even receive the still interested email, including myself.

Ruchitak

Dec 25, 2018
Hello,

I have been trying to reply on the ''Still interested '' email to confirm that re-medicals are completed and updated in account. I end up getting an auto generated reply titled Ack of receipt- this inbox is only for those who are replying to a request that originated from this mailbox. all other emails will be deleted.

Did you receive this auto generated email too?

Thank you