+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
@CNP @JagjyotSingh @idhar_chicha Good to finally see that everyone's long drawn wait has come to an end. It has truly been a painstaking effort but everyone finally made it!

Just wanted to check if anyone is planning a separate group on any platform where people from this forum can stay in touch from here onwards? I really think people from this group should plan a get together in Canada one day :D
I agree

shashisumanss

Jan 18, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Hi i am preparing courier for passport submission i have a question regarding consent form it ask if applicants wish to provide biometrics or not what i do
- do i sign it or leave it as it is?
As i have already given it once before the covid issue
I had left it blank.

yerlan

Mar 18, 2020
Hi all. Copr and entry visas for myself and my family expired in august 2021. I wasnt able to land due to covid restrictions and short notice when restrictions were lifted. I heard somewhere that ircc should contact me upon expiry on next actions. I havent received any emails from them so far. Can anyone suggest who ahould i contact to extend or issue new copr? What documents will need to be resubmitted? Do we need to retake medicals? Thank you!

Azoua

May 28, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
5th march 2020
Med's Done....
22feb2020
Welcome to the loooonnnnng wait.
There is nothing to do except waiting. I know I am not in your situation but you should have made everything possible to move within the validity of your CoPR. Because now, you are (like many of us) in the fog. Maybe it could move in the coming weeks but it could take months as well.
Mine expired on 22Feb 2021, with 5 kids at home and school beginning, it is not easy. El Hamdulilah

Obamayang

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi all. Copr and entry visas for myself and my family expired in august 2021. I wasnt able to land due to covid restrictions and short notice when restrictions were lifted. I heard somewhere that ircc should contact me upon expiry on next actions. I havent received any emails from them so far. Can anyone suggest who ahould i contact to extend or issue new copr? What documents will need to be resubmitted? Do we need to retake medicals? Thank you!
You should drop a webform and met them know your interested to travel but due to restrictions could not.

AB127

Aug 14, 2019
I’m still waiting (details below). I raised a webform last week to change home address, hoping this would also prompt another look at my file. I had been planning for a soft landing in late September, looking unlikely now!

FSW-O
VO: London, UK
AOR: 18 Aug 2019
COPR: 3 March 2020
COPR expired 4 July 2020
Do you still want to immigrate email 19 April 2021
Re-medical passed 9 June 2021

Hey , any updates on Pre-march 2020 COPR candidates?.Are they providing new COPRs?. Its been more than a year for me.

1. Pre-march 2020 COPR holder. COPR expiry date-May 2020.Could not travel due to pandemic.
  2. Dec 2020 upfront meds done
  3. re-med request in march 2021
  4. Dec 2020 got linked to GC key and updated in march 2021
  5. GCkey updated with the meds
  6. IRCC removed the above meds from GCKEY and asked for new meds in MAY 2021
  7. I called IRCC support centre, they said its a technical error and they Notified the VO.I dont need a new meds since the one i sent on Dec 2020 i have validity till Dec 2021
  8. I called them couple of weeks ago they've said the office acknowledged the documents i sent via webform on July6th and are internally processing it,but its has been more than month right now, i called multiple times..They just asked me to wait. Is there anything i can do here?
@13nitinsharma @legalfalcon is there anything I can do here?..

Reactions: lnmora

aac92

Jun 15, 2021
Guys,one suggestion I would like to give to everyone who are sending their passports.our primary applicant’s passport reached to me without stamp.the reason was Photo size.
It was 73 x 51mm and top to chin 40mm.
I have done this mistake and I dnt want anyone to do it.plz check your picture before sending.I mean the size.I have already wasted 20 days in it.
Now I hv to raise webform again and send the passport to ircc with correct picture.
It has happened with many people .plz plz be careful.
Hi Sahil,
What do you do once your passport it returned ? Same process ie webform/payment link etc? And do you have to send the whole list of documents again or just the photos?
I may be in the same boat :(

thanks!

Toyda

Apr 24, 2019
Sorry to hear about the expiry of COPR. Unfortunately, you just have to wait for them to contact you. There are many people waiting.

John17doe

Aug 25, 2021
Hi All,
Did anyone get an email from IRCC with the subject -
"Do you still want to immigrate to Canada? Application # E**********"

The email has a embedded template and a return email address. The template is just asking general information and any changes to the family situation. The email has also specifically asked not to do an upfront medical again and only do when instructed by IRCC. The email also has a reply date deadline.

My CoPR was issued in Aug-2019. I had an authorization letter to travel in Jan-2021 but I couldn't travel due to restrictions in my country. I raised a webform to add my newborn in Jun-2021 but no updates yet except for this email.

Any ideas about this email and the timelines involved? Anybody with experience from receiving this email?
Thanks!
I’m also in a similar situation. Try to send your newborns passport, birth certificate, update forms and payment for dependent ASAP if you haven’t . We are all waiting but at least they can have that in the file.

Nov 18, 2019
In a story I wrote earlier this month, @CitImmCanada told me all pre-mar-18 2020 expired COPR holders had been contacted as of July 11. I received reports from at least two of these pre-mar-18 copr holders saying they had not been contacted. I asked IRCC about these cases. (1/3)

I am pre march 2020 COPR and the last email i recieved (Subject: are you able to travel to canada soon?) was in Jan 2021. There's no email after that regarding COPR extension.

Reactions: newbulu