+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Any received their passport back with stamping? Just wanted to know approx how much days it is taking these days for end to end visa stamping after PPR2. I just gave me and my family passports to BD guy. I guess 1 more month of wait starts now... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..Hope I get passports back with stamps ...:oops::oops::oops:
I just heard from someone I know who applied for Work Visa and sent her passports last week and received notification that it is dispatched from IRCC today!!! In less than 7 days!

So its clear that they are working, but PR applicants don't seem to be the priority - the wait is now excruciating. It's unfair for PR applicants.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hey guys, I just saw on my CIC account that there is a new passport scan upload request:
There was no mention of it in the emails or the PPR request and I got to know about it through someone’s post on another thread.
I already submitted my passport yesterday and the last date to upload this is the 9th of September. I can only provide this if I get back my passport before 9th September, which I’m not so sure about seeing how several members who submitted their passport 3 weeks ago are yet to get them back.
What would you suggest I do?
Do you have any old scan copy of the information pages of your Passport? If yes, scan it and upload.

If you don't have it then I guess just let them know that you will upload the scanned copy once you receive it back.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Do you have any old scan copy of the information pages of your Passport? If yes, scan it and upload.

If you don't have it then I guess just let them know that you will upload the scanned copy once you receive it back.
The information pages I do have, but I added a few visas since the last time I submitted it to IRCC, and they’re asking for all pages with visas and stamps too.
I guess I should let them know through the webform then that I’ll upload it once I get it.

slugger

Jan 28, 2021
The information pages I do have, but I added a few visas since the last time I submitted it to IRCC, and they’re asking for all pages with visas and stamps too.
I guess I should let them know through the webform then that I’ll upload it once I get it.
I would recommend just uploading what you have and forget about the webform. Don't think it should matter if a few visas are missing from the scan.

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
Hey guys, I just saw on my CIC account that there is a new passport scan upload request:
There was no mention of it in the emails or the PPR request and I got to know about it through someone’s post on another thread.
I already submitted my passport yesterday and the last date to upload this is the 9th of September. I can only provide this if I get back my passport before 9th September, which I’m not so sure about seeing how several members who submitted their passport 3 weeks ago are yet to get them back.
What would you suggest I do?
Hey, I also got the same request but it is requesting softcopy in my name documents section. What about my wife and child? It doesnot mention anywhere for dependents. Is it required only for primary applicant? M a bit confused..Anyone who has done it before please help..

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I would recommend just uploading what you have and forget about the webform. Don't think it should matter if a few visas are missing from the scan.
You’re right, that can also be done. I’m thinking that since I have till 9th September, I could upload it on the last date as well. Perhaps I’m a bit unrealistically optimistic to assume I’ll receive my passport by then and upload the latest scans, but could be :p.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hey, I also got the same request but it is requesting softcopy in my name documents section. What about my wife and child? It doesnot mention anywhere for dependents. Is it required only for primary applicant? M a bit confused..Anyone who has done it before please help..
You could perhaps combine the scans of all passports into one PDF and upload if the upload option isn’t showing up for your family members…

Son7515

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
We got for the primary applicant only too.. so i uploaded for me only. It was accepted without issues.. no other documents hv been asked for since

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
We got for the primary applicant only too.. so i uploaded for me only. It was accepted without issues.. no other documents hv been asked for since
Just out of curiosity, was it mentioned anywhere in the instructions (PPR letter from IRCC, email, VFS instructions, etc) that we are supposed to upload an up to date copy of the passport? I am a bit surprised as to how I missed seeing such a requirement.

Son7515

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Just out of curiosity, was it mentioned anywhere in the instructions (PPR letter from IRCC, email, VFS instructions, etc) that we are supposed to upload an up to date copy of the passport? I am a bit surprised as to how I missed seeing such a requirement.
Not as far as i read.. its not mentioned anywhr.. the application remained in "action required" status since the passport submission letter arrived. I initially assumed tht was cause i had to send the passport for stamping.
The only reason i looked (after a day or two) was cause i was looking for some other details in my application and i remembered people mentioning in this forum that they had to upload their scanned passports. Those msgs was back whn vfs wasnt accepting the passports yet

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Not as far as i read.. its not mentioned anywhr.. the application remained in "action required" status since the passport submission letter arrived. I initially assumed tht was cause i had to send the passport for stamping.
The only reason i looked (after a day or two) was cause i was looking for some other details in my application and i remembered people mentioning in this forum that they had to upload their scanned passports. Those msgs was back whn vfs wasnt accepting the passports yet
Thank you for the explanation!
I too assumed that the “action required” is for the passport submission only and that it would change to “submitted” once IRCC receives my passport.
I just hope they don’t see this as a missing requirement from my side, since the entity asking for my passport scans is the one who already has the passport :rolleyes:.

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thank you for the explanation!
I too assumed that the “action required” is for the passport submission only and that it would change to “submitted” once IRCC receives my passport.
I just hope they don’t see this as a missing requirement from my side, since the entity asking for my passport scans is the one who already has the passport :rolleyes:.
They likely won't see this as a missing requirement. I believe that passport scan link is being enabled just to ensure that if the applicant is from a country travelling from which to Canada doesn't require a visa stamping, then they can share the necessary passport information (without physically sending over the passport) to enable IRCC to issue an ETA. Same is also alluded to in the passport submission request letter, I think. Can't be completely sure about it though.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
They likely won't see this as a missing requirement. I believe that passport scan link is being enabled just to ensure that if the applicant is from a country travelling from which to Canada doesn't require a visa stamping, then they can share the necessary passport information (without physically sending over the passport) to enable IRCC to issue an ETA. Same is also alluded to in the passport submission request letter, I think. Can't be completely sure about it though.
Oh, I see! Thank you, yes, that sounds reasonable. The passport submission letter does have question that asks us to determine whether or not we need to submit our passports or just photocopies. This could probably be it.
It’s just that it gives one a bit of anxiety to think that something is amiss since it’s been SO LONG that we’ve been waiting for this to happen and any ”mistake” at this stage could mean indefinite more delays. I should probably take a chill pill now :D.

Ajourney

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hey everyone, sending this out just see am I the only one? Which of you guys are the ones who had their COPR issued pre-march 2020 but the documents expired before you could travel and IRCC started the process to reissue the COPR but feel stuck in the process for a very long time?

IRCC asked me for a re-medical in January 2021, I went ahead with the re-meds and the same are showing as passed on my application but it's been 7 months now and there has been no update since. I have sent out numerous webforms trying to ask the current status or if there is anything else required from my side but have always got generic replies. I have also tried calling them using mobile apps but always get disconnected.

I have also submitted for GCMS notes last month which I believe I will get a reply to by the 20th of this month. If any of you submitted GCMS in how many days or months did you get a reply back? I did post these questions on individual post earlier but did not get any reply so asking here again.

Thanks.
Hi!!!
You are not the only one. I also did re-Medicals in January and waiting for PPR2. I am Pre March . I have called sent webform and called and the same reply is always to be patient. :( I’m hanging in there.