+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Guys,one suggestion I would like to give everyone who are sending their passports.our primary applicant’s passport reached to me without stamp.the reason was Phot size.
It was 73 x 51mm and top to chin 40mm.
I have done this mistake and I dnt want anyone to do it.plz check your picture before sending.I mean the size.I have already wasted 20 days in it.
Now I hv to raise webform again and send the passport to ircc with correct picture.
It has happened with many people .plz plz be careful.
Thats unfortunate. Just wondering if they really measure "top to chin" length. Strange!!

Reactions: canadawaiting

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Guys,one suggestion I would like to give to everyone who are sending their passports.our primary applicant’s passport reached to me without stamp.the reason was Photo size.
I have done this mistake and I dnt want anyone to do it.plz check your picture before sending.I mean the size.I have already wasted 20 days in it.
Now I hv to raise webform again and send the passport to ircc with correct picture.
Oops, sorry to hear that. Hope your passport is picked up soon.

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
Hey everyone, sending this out just see am I the only one? Which of you guys are the ones who had their COPR issued pre-march 2020 but the documents expired before you could travel and IRCC started the process to reissue the COPR but feel stuck in the process for a very long time?

IRCC asked me for a re-medical in January 2021, I went ahead with the re-meds and the same are showing as passed on my application but it's been 7 months now and there has been no update since. I have sent out numerous webforms trying to ask the current status or if there is anything else required from my side but have always got generic replies. I have also tried calling them using mobile apps but always get disconnected.

I have also submitted for GCMS notes last month which I believe I will get a reply to by the 20th of this month. If any of you submitted GCMS in how many days or months did you get a reply back? I did post these questions on individual post earlier but did not get any reply so asking here again.

Thanks.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hey everyone, sending this out just see am I the only one? Which of you guys are the ones who had their COPR issued pre-march 2020 but the documents expired before you could travel and IRCC started the process to reissue the COPR but feel stuck in the process for a very long time?

IRCC asked me for a re-medical in January 2021, I went ahead with the re-meds and the same are showing as passed on my application but it's been 7 months now and there has been no update since. I have sent out numerous webforms trying to ask the current status or if there is anything else required from my side but have always got generic replies. I have also tried calling them using mobile apps but always get disconnected.

I have also submitted for GCMS notes last month which I believe I will get a reply to by the 20th of this month. If any of you submitted GCMS in how many days or months did you get a reply back? I did post these questions on individual post earlier but did not get any reply so asking here again.

Thanks.
Pretty much every one seems to be stuck in the process. Not sure why your application is not moving ahead in terms of PPR2. Maybe it is stuck in a background check again? I don't know - just guessing.

May I know what is your visa office? And apart from the webforms, you may want to email the visa office. For example, for India it is DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Go here and search for your office, and email them apart from raising the webforms - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
Guys,one suggestion I would like to give to everyone who are sending their passports.our primary applicant’s passport reached to me without stamp.the reason was Photo size.
I had my old picture with me and I went out to get same dimensions.
That stupid photo studio guy even after seeing & reading everything, printed out incorrect pictures. I didn't say anything to him. Paid & came back home.

The overall dimensions were fine but my Torso/upper stomach part was visible. I could clearly see the placement difference in my old photo (which was approved) & the new one.

Next day I went out to another studio, paid again, and got what I wanted & sent it.

Hope their machine likes my face.

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
Pretty much every one seems to be stuck in the process. Not sure why your application is not moving ahead in terms of PPR2. Maybe it is stuck in a background check again? I don't know - just guessing.

May I know what is your visa office? And apart from the webforms, you may want to email the visa office. For example, for India it is DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Go here and search for your office, and email them apart from raising the webforms - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html
Thank you for your reply, All the steps mentioned in the application are showing the status as "in progress". Do not know where it is stuck !!! I have applied for GCMS waiting for it to come back. My VO is NDVO and yes I did send them a couple of emails 2 months apart and got the same generic reply that it is in progress.

Looks like there is no other way except to wait.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you for your reply, All the steps mentioned in the application are showing the status as "in progress". Do not know where it is stuck !!! I have applied for GCMS waiting for it to come back. My VO is NDVO and yes I did send them a couple of emails 2 months apart and got the same generic reply that it is in progress.

Looks like there is no other way except to wait.
Did you receive "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada" email ? if yes, try replying to that email saying that you have completed your medicals (attach proof). If not, you are pretty much doing whatever can be done.

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
I had my old picture with me and I went out to get same dimensions.
That stupid photo studio guy even after seeing & reading everything, printed out incorrect pictures. I didn't say anything to him. Paid & came back home.

The overall dimensions were fine but my Torso/upper stomach part was visible. I could clearly see the placement difference in my old photo (which was approved) & the new one.

Next day I went out to another studio, paid again, and got what I wanted & sent it.
Mop
Hope their machine likes my face.
I also just came from photo studio after reading the post. My overall dimensions were 50×70 but the face was approx 40mm in my old photo.Same was even approved last time but now I don't want to take any chance . I hope this time I get right dimensions. :confused:

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hey guys, I just saw on my CIC account that there is a new passport scan upload request:
There was no mention of it in the emails or the PPR request and I got to know about it through someone’s post on another thread.
I already submitted my passport yesterday and the last date to upload this is the 9th of September. I can only provide this if I get back my passport before 9th September, which I’m not so sure about seeing how several members who submitted their passport 3 weeks ago are yet to get them back.
What would you suggest I do?

newbulu

Nov 15, 2019

Thanks.
hey you are not alone in this. I am a pre-march case with expired COPR and i haven't received ONE SINGLE email from IRCC.

Reactions: sh221b