+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sr.nadar

Jun 1, 2019
Hi all - This is for those who have received the vfs confirmation email.

I just had a couple of questions:
1. the complete package also includes a 'courier and sms form'. The link is the mail is just the consent form. Where are we supposed to download the courier and sms form? Is there a standard form that can be be used?
2. Are we not supposed to submit recent photos as well? I was under the impression we might have to update since our previously submitted photos were older than 6 months.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all - This is for those who have received the vfs confirmation email.

I just had a couple of questions:
1. the complete package also includes a 'courier and sms form'. The link is the mail is just the consent form. Where are we supposed to download the courier and sms form? Is there a standard form that can be be used?
2. Are we not supposed to submit recent photos as well? I was under the impression we might have to update since our previously submitted photos were older than 6 months.
You also need to keep an eye on list of documents from PPR, not just follow VFS email

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
If you did not respond to their emails sent in late 2020/early 2021, then you are in all likelihood back to the ITA stage. You can check your status in your GC Key account. Also try calling IRCC or raising a webform to find out your status.
I have not received any emails from IRCC back in 2020 and 2021 not even till date. I have reached out myself to IRCC requesting the status of my case.

Reactions: newbulu

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
Hi,
Reaching out to them through phone is difficult, however I would suggest reaching out to them via the webform and explain your case. If IRCC has not sent you any emails so far then I don’t think you would need to enter the pool for ITA all over again. I think right now they are prioritising student applications since their classes are to start in September and they are many students whose visas are still being processed, so it could be possible they may reach out to you in some time. I remember someone mentioning on the forum that they replied to the email after the due date had passed and still they saw movement in their profile after that, so I would encourage you to have some hope.
I received the email from them in April but since then nothing, I can somewhat imagine how much this ambiguity must be pinching for you.
All the best!
Checking online, i still see my application is approved whereas counter foil is expired. True, i haven't received any emails from IRCC So far. I have even raised a couple of webforms 2 months ago haven't got any response.

Reactions: newbulu

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Checking online, i still see my application is approved whereas counter foil is expired. True, i haven't received any emails from IRCC So far. I have even raised a couple of webforms 2 months ago haven't got any response.
Usually webforms do receive some sort of acknowledgement - if not immediately, atleast after couple of weeks. You may want to reach out to an immigration lawyer?? Your timelines seem too long and would worry me as well.

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
It seems like you are all set. Just make sure that if you have been vaccinated, carry your certificates, a quarantine plan, and and PoF and your documents.

If you are crossing the border by land, in your own vehicle, i.e. not commercial, you do not need a visa. However, if you decide to fly or catch a bus, you will have to show the visa.

I feel you are all good to go. On the day you decide to cross, give a call to the CBSA PoE office, and ask the name and badge number of the officer, just in case.
@legalfalcon please guide. I was able to take air canada flight on travel authorization document. I flew to Calgary via Vancouver. I faced no issue with airline or even at the gate of entry. However the immigration office at Vancouver Airport was not able to print the CoPR. He said he was getting an error because medical seemed expired in the system but he said everything seems to be ok. It seems like a system issue that IRCC needs to fix. He handed us a form that said allowed Entry for further examination. He let's us fly to Calgary and handed over case to CBSA calgary airport. He also gave our passport back while saying that normally they don't give back passport but in this case given we are low risk he is giving back passport. I called up IRCC this morning and they said medical and CoPR both are valid in the system. I requested them to see if they can mail me eCoPR but they said that only CBSA officer would be able to give us CoPR as case is open with them. How much time should I expect the situation to resolve? CBSA officer said 1 or 2 business days but I am not sure given the past record.. We are in Canada but have no status. It is frustrating and we are very anxious. Your guidance will help.

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Query - The PPS - 2 Letter is in the name of the MAIN / Primary Applicant.
With regards to today's 2 Way Courier Webform -
I believe everyone has submitted / uploaded the same letter of the MAIN / Primary Applicant of the Dependent as well?