+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Anybody traveled or planned to travel soon and is eligible for quarantine exemption (i.e. has been fully vaccinated for more than 14 days)? How sure is it that custom officer will grant quarantine exemption?

It's mentioned on the canada travel website that even if fully vaccinated one should submit a quarantine plan in case officer refuses to exempt traveler from quarantine. Is there a way around that? Otherwise that means we'll have to book a hotel room or Airbnb regardless.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Anybody traveled or planned to travel soon and is eligible for quarantine exemption (i.e. has been fully vaccinated for more than 14 days)? How sure is it that custom officer will grant quarantine exemption?

It's mentioned on the canada travel website that even if fully vaccinated one should submit a quarantine plan in case officer refuses to exempt traveler from quarantine. Is there a way around that? Otherwise that means we'll have to book a hotel room or Airbnb regardless.
Yeah, came across this as well. The officer can still ask for quarantine plan. All we can do is to upload certificate of vaccination on ArriveCAN App and be prepared with quarantine plane. Since this situation is just evolving, I suggest you keep you research on for a while. I am sure as days progress, there will be tons of youtube videos on personal experiences around this :D

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Does the below interpretation sound right? Comment away please:

Think the challenge is at least from some countries, passengers could have received vaccines which are NOT yet approved by Health Canada.

Cinovax, Covax, Covishield, Sputnik are all such examples. Which, as per Canada's definition - still means the 3 day hotel stay at the government determined hotels. Airport, tests upon arrival. Later, proceed to the remaining 11 days in your pace of residence.

Reactions: BillyWescott

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Yeah, came across this as well. The officer can still ask for quarantine plan. All we can do is to upload certificate of vaccination on ArriveCAN App and be prepared with quarantine plane. Since this situation is just evolving, I suggest you keep you research on for a while. I am sure as days progress, there will be tons of youtube videos on personal experiences around this :D
True. Personally the quarantine plan is the lesser of the poison. Headache, but manageable - at least does not risk additional health impact due to the 3 day mandatory hotel stay in those government hotels.

14 day quarantine upon arrival is fair, reasonable ask I feel. But spending any part of that in any Canadian hotel, which due to the weather is largely a sealed box - worrying. These places are reserved for travellers from all parts of the world, who have just exposed themselves for 12 or 20 + hours at airports at crowded planes - every hour spent in such a facility is only enhancing health risk. IMHO. :) But hey ho...

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Reactions: hinavin

NS2013

Jan 13, 2021
Hi @NS2013 the letter clearly has the following details:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
- And in this section you will be asked to submit your docs - the PPR letter, Passport, photographs, eye color and height, and RPRF fees.

And then the letter will also have this information:

To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

The letter will be pretty clear in what it is asking you to do.
Thank you. The letter I received did not mention any such details. I guess I was supposed to upload my PCC and passport, which I did. I hope things start moving at a faster pace because my COPR expired in May 2020.

Reactions: idhar_chicha

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Here is the same update from the VFS India site:

Passport submission service via 2-way courier for all categories will commence from 19th Jul 2021 at 11 am IST.
  • Clients who receive a passport submission letter need to fill the passport submission webform
  • In Person submission of passport at Visa Application Centre is strictly prohibited.
  • Please note that you will need to allow up to 14 days for the return of your stamped passport once delivered to High Commission.

Reactions: canadawaiting

AMM26

May 25, 2021
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, I did my remedicals on July 8th (CoPR expired Aug 2020) and my test results were sent by the medical doctor on July 13th. I did not receive an email to indicate that my medicals were approved but lucky thing I was checking my Account and I saw that they were approved on July 14th. Now it’s a waiting game to see if they would request anything else or hopefully the PPR. Can anyone share their experience? Thanks.

Reactions: Son7515 and CA98712

AMM26

May 25, 2021
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
POS
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Guys,

I received my COPR last week. Valid til June 2022 (same as new medicals). The COPR mentions that it is a replacement of the old COPR which was issued before March 18, 2020. I'm planning to fly to British Columbia in the second half of August.
Congrats!