+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
@13nitinsharma @legalfalcon .hey , so i had followed up with IRCC support centre yesterday regarding my medical report mishap. The guy told me the office acknowledged my webform message and the documents I sent..they are internally looking through my file and processing it. All I have to do is wait for them to get in touch with you.what do you think of it?. is it a positive sign or a generic reply ?Any idea how long this will take?

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Did you contacted VFS/IRCC regarding the delay in submission of passports like I meant how do you came to know if PPR letter remains valid? I just submitted PCC letters today on my profile but in my case I got it all together on same day like remeds form/PCC/Dcoument submission letter(if that is what PPR 2 is) and IRCC extended the deadline from 30 days to 90 days but never asked about document submission. So just curious from where you got this info as it seems quite helpful.
This is from Canada in India:

This is from the VFS Global website:

What if my passport submission request letter/ biometric instruction letter has expired?

If your passport request letter has expired, you can use that expired letter to confirm your two-way courier with the VAC Contact Center for your passport transmission. There is no need to contact IRCC for a new letter. The VACs will accept your expired letter. If your biometric instruction letter (BIL) has expired, you can still request a biometric appointment using the same letter. There is no need to contact IRCC for a new letter. The VACs will accept your expired letter. NOTE: Only Family Class applicants and Students may request a biometric appointment at this time. Please consult: IRCC Find a VAC. Updates regarding additional services will be posted on this page.

Last edited:
Reactions: vrules90

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi

What if my passport submission request letter/ biometric instruction letter has expired?

If your passport request letter has expired, you can use that expired letter to confirm your two-way courier with the VAC Contact Center for your passport transmission. There is no need to contact IRCC for a new letter. The VACs will accept your expired letter. If your biometric instruction letter (BIL) has expired, you can still request a biometric appointment using the same letter. There is no need to contact IRCC for a new letter. The VACs will accept your expired letter. NOTE: Only Family Class applicants and Students may request a biometric appointment at this time. Please consult: IRCC Find a VAC. Updates regarding additional services will be posted on this page.
Great. Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: idhar_chicha

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
This is from Canada in India:

Hey what's your CoR please?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Thank you for your response. I have the feeling that Nova Scotia is currently focused on other streams but when they really switch to expired COPRs things will be quick. Let's wait a bit and inform each other when there is movement
yes I have noticed that as well. Even earlier, once they started issuing, it was very quick. Lets hope all in good time.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@13nitinsharma @legalfalcon .hey , so i had followed up with IRCC support centre yesterday regarding my medical report mishap. The guy told me the office acknowledged my webform message and the documents I sent..they are internally looking through my file and processing it. All I have to do is wait for them to get in touch with you.what do you think of it?. is it a positive sign or a generic reply ?Any idea how long this will take?
You've done your part by submitting your medicals, CIC health team will take care of the rest. Relax!

Reactions: lnmora and aac92

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It seems like a reasonable replay and is not generic.

All593

Mar 1, 2021
Ummm, you have any sources to share because I've been all over this forum and the internet
I'm an outlander from United States, DM March 1, 2021, as of July 10th they sent me a virtual landing email but I cannot use it since I am Outland. Still waiting for further instructions.

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
This is a generic response they say to all that inquired. They are delaying all applications because of CoVid-19. It's their excuse

Reactions: canadawaiting

NS2013

Jan 13, 2021
My PPR2 request letter expires today. While VFS and IRCC have said that the letter will remain valid since the Visa processing center is not open, it just shows how tiring the whole journey is. Hoping we get to submit our passports soon!
Yes, even I received the same letter. Is this PPR2? The request letter says "this office". I uploaded the PCC and passport online under additional documents. Are we supposed to submit the passport to VFS global? When I received PPR last time, they had asked for 2 photographs and had sent a detailed email. Please let me know if this is PPR2, I am a bit confused. @legalfalcon, @pavie, please advise

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Yes, even I received the same letter. Is this PPR2? The request letter says "this office". I uploaded the PCC and passport online under additional documents. Are we supposed to submit the passport to VFS global? When I received PPR last time, they had asked for 2 photographs and had sent a detailed email. Please let me know if this is PPR2, I am a bit confused. @legalfalcon, @pavie, please advise
Hi @NS2013 the letter clearly has the following details:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
- And in this section you will be asked to submit your docs - the PPR letter, Passport, photographs, eye color and height, and RPRF fees.

And then the letter will also have this information:

To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

The letter will be pretty clear in what it is asking you to do.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

- And in this section you will be asked to submit your docs - the PPR letter, Passport, photographs, eye color and height, and RPRF fees.

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

Looks like things are moving with NDVO? is it?

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019

What is your VO ??