+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I used to call them on TextNow, but I've heard that doesn't work offlate. If you have a friend in Canada, see if you can reach out to them to help you with this. The wait is often excruciatingly long, see if you can use your virtual number and call them around 8am EST. I have had some luck getting through at this time.

I don't think a 5-day wait has an impact on your timeline. There are cases who missed the email and responded beyond the deadline too. Did you get any acknowledgement when you replied? Also did you change the subject line in your reply?
Alright, I’ll try to reach out to some friends and ask them to call up IRCC. Will try again from my side too at the time you have suggested. Thank you once again!

I was rather careful and made sure to not change the subject line and followed the instructions in the email exactly as they said. I double checked the reply email address too before sending just so there aren’t any mistakes. I didn’t get a confirmation response from them though but I did see an update in my profile online and it had changed to “submitted” around the 2nd of May.

I just ordered the GCMS notes. Hopefully that helps get some clarity!

aac92

Jun 15, 2021
Alright, I’ll try to reach out to some friends and ask them to call up IRCC. Will try again from my side too at the time you have suggested. Thank you once again!

I was rather careful and made sure to not change the subject line and followed the instructions in the email exactly as they said. I double checked the reply email address too before sending just so there aren’t any mistakes. I didn’t get a confirmation response from them though but I did see an update in my profile online and it had changed to “submitted” around the 2nd of May.

Hi, how did you request for the GCMS notes? Can you please guide me as well?

Gwaine

Feb 14, 2019
I used to call them on TextNow, but I've heard that doesn't work offlate. If you have a friend in Canada, see if you can reach out to them to help you with this. The wait is often excruciatingly long, see if you can use your virtual number and call them around 8am EST. I have had some luck getting through at this time.

I don't think a 5-day wait has an impact on your timeline. There are cases who missed the email and responded beyond the deadline too. Did you get any acknowledgement when you replied? Also did you change the subject line in your reply?
If this helps, I also replied to "Do you still" email approx 2 weeks after my 1 month deadline but IRCC updated my profile after 4-5 days. You can send them the email again without changing the subject line.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi, how did you request for the GCMS notes? Can you please guide me as well?
Hi, sure, here’s the website:
https://www.getgcms.com/

I chose the eGCMS option. After making the payment, they’ll ask you for your UCI number and your Application number (starts with an alphabet). Then you’ll receive an authorization form from GetGCMS in the email address you provide, which you’ll need to print, sign, scan and send to another email address mentioned in GetGCMS email.
After that it’s likely a wait of about a month.

Reactions: sh221b and pavie24

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
If this helps, I also replied to "Do you still" email approx 2 weeks after my 1 month deadline but IRCC updated my profile after 4-5 days. You can send them the email again without changing the subject line.
I also tried asking them for remeds by replaying on the email a second time, but didn’t receive any response :confused:

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020

Happy to help!
Looks like you've done everything you can. Most of us didn't get an acknowledgement too and a profile status change to 'Submitted' was the next step I saw as well. Hoping you get more clarity in the GCMS notes. All the best!

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Happy to help!
Looks like you've done everything you can. Most of us didn't get an acknowledgement too and a profile status change to 'Submitted' was the next step I saw as well. Hoping you get more clarity in the GCMS notes. All the best!
Thank you!
I’ll share whatever updates I get from the GCMS notes if it helps anyone in a similar situation by perhaps drawing parallels.
All the very best to you too!

Ninjagal

Jul 14, 2021
Hello
I have a COPR which is expiring end august, as per current guidelines we can only travel to settle permanently... any guidelines to make a temporary landing and move to settle few months later.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi, I repeated the medicals last week and sent it via webform. There is no response yet. I see you did your medicals following your request to them. Did you contact Nova Scotia VIA webform or directly via email?
I had raised a webform requesting extension n willingness to do the remedical after which I received the medical instruction and the file went back to process stage.
Its 5+ months since the medicals have been approved. In one of the webform responses I was informed the VO is Nova Scotia.

Reactions: 1Humanity

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hello
I have a COPR which is expiring end august, as per current guidelines we can only travel to settle permanently... any guidelines to make a temporary landing and move to settle few months later.
This is technically possible but it isn’t recommended by the immigration authorities. When you go for your first landing, they would need to be convinced that you are going to settle long-term and are not looking to return back in a hurry.

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
I had raised a webform requesting extension n willingness to do the remedical after which I received the medical instruction and the file went back to process stage.
Its 5+ months since the medicals have been approved. In one of the webform responses I was informed the VO is Nova Scotia.
Thank you for your response. I have the feeling that Nova Scotia is currently focused on other streams but when they really switch to expired COPRs things will be quick. Let's wait a bit and inform each other when there is movement

Reactions: Titanium

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Thank you for your response. I have the feeling that Nova Scotia is currently focused on other streams but when they really switch to expired COPRs things will be quick. Let's wait a bit and inform each other when there is movement
Are you post march?

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
My PPR2 request letter expires today. While VFS and IRCC have said that the letter will remain valid since the Visa processing center is not open, it just shows how tiring the whole journey is. Hoping we get to submit our passports soon!
Did you contacted VFS/IRCC regarding the delay in submission of passports like I meant how do you came to know if PPR letter remains valid? I just submitted PCC letters today on my profile but in my case I got it all together on same day like remeds form/PCC/Dcoument submission letter(if that is what PPR 2 is) and IRCC extended the deadline from 30 days to 90 days but never asked about document submission. So just curious from where you got this info as it seems quite helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: canadawaiting