+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

timchi

Mar 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

I received my COPR last week. Valid til June 2022 (same as new medicals). The COPR mentions that it is a replacement of the old COPR which was issued before March 18, 2020. I'm planning to fly to British Columbia in the second half of August.
Congrats!

Raj_Wan

Apr 26, 2021
Hi,

Congratulations, hopefully mine comes through soon.

Quick question: Did it reflect on your IRCC account that you have passed the medical before you received your PPR?
No. As per point #8, does not make any mention of passing medical unlike point #5 in Nov 2019. Also think point #8 was updated a day or two after PPR email.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 2, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 12, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 12, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you a letter on January 13, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. We sent you medical instructions on April 27, 2021. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  8. We sent you correspondence on July 8, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Last edited:
Reactions: aac92

cherya

Apr 30, 2020
Hey there,
Is the preparing of a quarantine plan (I mean booking of an accommodation for 14 days somewhere) mandatary now for fully vaccinated travellers?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I found that tweet a bit surprising since webform closed on 19th of April. So how does 01st May come into picture?
exactly what i was also thinking too.

apparently there are 2 categories of ppl: 1) those who completed the webform and made their payment and 2) those who completed their webform but couldn't pay. VFS reached out to group 1 first and told group 2 that it could take 3-4 weeks for them to reach out to them. so these are the people being contacted right now. im still not sure how anyone signed up after april 19 tho.
im assuming PPR letter holders from May will be group 3 and they will be able to sign up in 3-4 weeks. And then June and July.

AHD_Sep20

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Med's Request
02-11-2021
Med's Done....
21-11-2021
Interview........
N/A
Hi Guys,

I received my COPR last week. Valid til June 2022 (same as new medicals). The COPR mentions that it is a replacement of the old COPR which was issued before March 18, 2020. I'm planning to fly to British Columbia in the second half of August.
Congratulations Billy.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

Awesome!! Congratulations.. you've been waiting so long! Glad this finally happened :)

Reactions: Usama1970

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
T
exactly what i was also thinking too.

apparently there are 2 categories of ppl: 1) those who completed the webform and made their payment and 2) those who completed their webform but couldn't pay. VFS reached out to group 1 first and told group 2 that it could take 3-4 weeks for them to reach out to them. so these are the people being contacted right now. im still not sure how anyone signed up after april 19 tho.
im assuming PPR letter holders from May will be group 3 and they will be able to sign up in 3-4 weeks. And then June and July.
Thats absolutely correct . I know a person who just received email yesterday from vfs and today he made the payment and stuff to book 2 way courier ... so I am sure the assumptions you made are totally correct

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
T

Thats absolutely correct . I know a person who just received email yesterday from vfs and today he made the payment and stuff to book 2 way courier ... so I am sure the assumptions you made are totally correct
I actually know folks from group 1 (filled webform before lockdown and paid vfs fee) and 2 (filled webform before lockdown and didn't pay vfs fees). the person from group one was already contacted and their process was set in motion. person from group 2 got an email saying it could take 3-4 weeks to reach out to them for passport collection.

the rest of what i said about may/june ppr folks were assumptions based on the above info.

Lilian2021

Jan 31, 2021
Thank you for replying. Did you update your country of residence to Canada now? Visitor visa only allows you to stay 6 months right? What are you going to do after that to remain in Canada?
I have called IRCC ,They advised me to connect My VO HANGKANG. Last month I sent webform to HONGKANG consulate , but received nothing so far. If I am not able to receive any reply ,I am going to extend my visitor visa next month .

Reactions: Maulakh