+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@Pwnmann123

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

If you have a LMIA and your job offer meets the requires as listed above, you still need a work permit to be authorised to work in Canada.

If you do not have a work permit, you should show PoF.

@legalfalcon

In continuation to this discussion, I am also in similar situation.

I have applied for PR under FSW (outland) with 1 dependant (my spouse).

I have claimed 50 points for arranged employment (lmia approved) but have never applied for work permit. As per my GCMS, my file is approved since last year.

Also in my GCMS (last pages), I see following NOTES :

Case Analyst. ***Recommend Pass*** .........
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Not required with valid arranged employment offer.

Sir my query is :

I am due for delivery this month, so do I have to add more amount to satisfy the POF for 3 members or am I exempted from POF requirements because of arranged job offer (which is to only support the PR)?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

In continuation to this discussion, I am also in similar situation.

I have applied for PR under FSW (outland) with 1 dependant (my spouse).

I have claimed 50 points for arranged employment (lmia approved) but have never applied for work permit. As per my GCMS, my file is approved since last year.

Also in my GCMS (last pages), I see following NOTES :

Case Analyst. ***Recommend Pass*** .........
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Not required with valid arranged employment offer.

Sir my query is :

I am due for delivery this month, so do I have to add more amount to satisfy the POF for 3 members or am I exempted from POF requirements because of arranged job offer (which is to only support the PR)?
You are exempt from PoF, so even if you have a change of family composition, you do not require to show PoF.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
@legalfalcon sir my Aor is October 2019. Should I need to update POF? And what to do next after updating Funds in my account ? Should I need to send my bank statement via webform as my profile is locked since 2019 . ???plz do reply ,I am so confusing with the rumours about POF

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
@legalfalcon sir my Aor is October 2019. Should I need to update POF? And what to do next after updating Funds in my account ? Should I need to send my bank statement via webform as my profile is locked since 2019 . ???plz do reply ,I am so confusing with the rumours about POF
I think people should read previous comments and the guidelines issued by IRCC. That query has been answered more than 10x already.