COPR and coronavirus

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hello @legalfalcon @legaleagle I have a situation.

We got COPR January 2021 and COPR expired April 2021.

Last week we got a mail that our profile has been updated. When we opened, it shows that the status that used to be approved is mo more approved. IT is showing submitted.

All the counterfoil has been removed from the application

This is the messages on the profile now

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • May 21, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • December 24, 2019 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This is very very confusing.

Do you have any insight into what this might be?

Thank you
We almost have the same timeline. Did you provide additional information before things changed in your application (like medicals PCC...)? This seems like a very good sign. It seems they are already working on your case. Which is great as you are a post march COPR holder.

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Is there a way to upload additional documents in the account and send them to IRCC. I was asked for doing Re-meds and to submit PCC again as my previous COPR had expired. I couldn't get the Indian PCC in time so I submitted previous PCC. Now I have received the new PCC but don't see option to upload in my account as I already signed and submitted my application.
May be send a webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
My PPR was issued on 20th March 2020, missed it by 2 days.. expired on March 11th 2021.. still waiting for ready to travel email. this is frustrating
You mean COPR? Same here, my COPR issue date is also 20th Mar 2020 and has since expired. Now waiting.

Reactions: newbulu

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi all. Need an update

I hear a lot of people with expired COPRs have lately received emails from IRCC initiating the process for re-issuing COPRs and visa. it says on the IRCC website that they have sent it to "most" people

I haven't yet received any email. I got my COPR and visa on 16th Feb 2020 with an expiry on 5th June 2020.

Is there anyone here who also hasn't ?
I haven’t. I think there are a lot of people who haven’t either.

Reactions: newbulu

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi , I am pre-march 2020 COPR holder and my COPR expired in May 2020. I could really use some help here.I had previously done my upfront Remeds in Dec 2020. When IRCC asked for remeds they ahve linked to the meds i had done earlier and updated in my GC key profile. However, a month later they have asked me to get a remed ,removing the updated one from GCKey.
When i called IRCC support centre to clarify, they have said its mostly a technical error and they raised a note to the VO, my meds are certainly valid till dec 2021. . After that I raised few webforms proving my meds are valid for another 6 months.I kept calling the support centre. all i have heard is to wait and im clear from my end.
is there anything else i can do here?.i've started to worry now.. @legalfalcon @13nitinsharma

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
Is there someone who is part of Post March 18 and received update from IRCC outside Canada after they lifted the travel restriction?

My PPR is April 7,2020, and waiting for that idiot email “do you still want to come to Canada”.
I am post March 18, VO Accra , CoPR expired in May, on June 25 I and some others got request for remed!

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
Got PPR request today!! My timeline:

Pre March 18 2020.

COPR expiry - September 2020.

Do you still want to immigrate email - April 26, 2021

Received request to do Re-meds and submit PCC - May 26, 2021. Submission deadline 26 June, 2021.

Submitted and signed application with PCC and Medical - 21 June, 2021

Passed Medicals- June 25, 2021

PPR request - July 6, 2021!!

Note- Submitted old Indian PCC as I live in US, was worried if it will be ok but it was. Your PCC should be issued after last time you lived in that country for 6 months consecutive.

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Email them yourself.
Template for you to use when responding to IRCC
To: IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable) remain interested in immigrating to Canada, and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed to re-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:

Information about my application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
    your answer here
  • Class of application:
    Skilled Worker – Federal
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
    (Your answer here)
  • Current country of residence:
    (Your answer here)
  • Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
    (Your answer here)
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
    (Your answer here)
Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application – for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.
Did it work for you?

Reactions: gokw

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi , I am pre-march 2020 COPR holder and my COPR expired in May 2020. I could really use some help here.I had previously done my upfront Remeds in Dec 2020. When IRCC asked for remeds they ahve linked to the meds i had done earlier and updated in my GC key profile. However, a month later they have asked me to get a remed ,removing the updated one from GCKey.
When i called IRCC support centre to clarify, they have said its mostly a technical error and they raised a note to the VO, my meds are certainly valid till dec 2021. . After that I raised few webforms proving my meds are valid for another 6 months.I kept calling the support centre. all i have heard is to wait and im clear from my end.
is there anything else i can do here?.i've started to worry now.. @legalfalcon @13nitinsharma

You have to remember that the COPR cannot be issued beyond the validity of the meds. If the officer feels that you won't have enough time within which you can land, a re-med can be requested.