+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hi,
How do we understand this sentence in a way that it really means " We expect people with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021 or after to have enough time to come to Canada before their documents expire.". I'm a post Mar'20 COPR, just expired on 3rd of Jun 2021. Thank you very much.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hi,
How do we understand this sentence in a way that it really means " We expect people with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021 or after to have enough time to come to Canada before their documents expire.". I'm a post Mar'20 COPR, just expired on 3rd of Jun 2021. Thank you very much.
It seems to mean that those with a COPR that is valid to October 1st are expected to travel by then. I doubt they will be offered extensions without exceptional circumstances.

Seeing that your COPR has already expired it won't apply to you, we will just have to wait untill we are contacted by IRCC. Hopefully it won't be long...

Reactions: annguyen

Naderb88

Jun 11, 2019
It seems to mean that those with a COPR that is valid to October 1st are expected to travel by then. I doubt they will be offered extensions without exceptional circumstances.

Seeing that your COPR has already expired it won't apply to you, we will just have to wait untill we are contacted by IRCC. Hopefully it won't be long...
Well the way I interpret it is that if your COPR is valid intil at least October 1st i.e. giving you a minimum of 3 months (since June 21, 2021) to travel therefore you have ample time to do so. Obviously with COPRs valid further than October 1st have more time. This SHOULD mean that COPR holders with EXPIRING status anytime between now and October 1st are not Expected to travel, therefore would be eligible for an extension similar to ones with expired COPRs at the moment.

The title of this segment of the update says:
If you’re outside Canada and your COPR and permanent resident visa are expired or expiring

Which includes expiring COPRs up until Oct 1st 2021

Those are my 2 cents on the matter, I would appreciate your input(s).

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019

hopefully they don't place us in a waiting situation with no light as they did for the last 15 months :confused:

Reactions: Wotsit

Naderb88

Jun 11, 2019
hopefully they don't place us in a waiting situation with no light as they did for the last 15 months :confused:
I believe that this strongly depends on your visa office and its capacity to process renewals. Central intake issues a request for renewal (after re-examining your case, expired meds, pcc...) and dispatches the request to the relevant visa office which sends out your ppr down the line knowing that the office has capacity to issue you a new counterfoil and COPR doc. Eitherway, they mentioned that they are almost done with pre Mar 18 COPRs and there are 23,000 post Mar 18 COPR with expired, expiring or valid dates. I also hope that the wait is not too much.

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
they have already placed us in this situation. no deadlines are mentioned, they just tell us to wait, just the same o_O i am post-march copr holder, did re-meds in April, they had plenty of time to review the profile and as the borders restrictions are eased, issue a new copr and visa immediately. still in the limbo

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I believe that this strongly depends on your visa office and its capacity to process renewals. Central intake issues a request for renewal (after re-examining your case, expired meds, pcc...) and dispatches the request to the relevant visa office which sends out your ppr down the line knowing that the office has capacity to issue you a new counterfoil and COPR doc. Eitherway, they mentioned that they are almost done with pre Mar 18 COPRs and there are 23,000 post Mar 18 COPR with expired, expiring or valid dates. I also hope that the wait is not too much.
Are you sure there are 23000 post-march people waiting, mate? I hope it is the general number for all the pre-march coprs and for those who have a valid copr and are ready to travel

Naderb88

Jun 11, 2019
Are you sure there are 23000 post-march people waiting, mate? I hope it is the general number for all the pre-march coprs and for those who have a valid copr and are ready to travel
All inclusive:
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/06/approved-immigrants-coprs-can-travel-to-canada-as-of-june-21-0618431.html#gs.4j09xe
However, a total of 23,000 COPR holders, according to Canadian government data, have not been able to travel to Canada since March 2020, when the Canadian government imposed coronavirus travel restrictions.

reptiloid

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
All inclusive:
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/06/approved-immigrants-coprs-can-travel-to-canada-as-of-june-21-0618431.html#gs.4j09xe
However, a total of 23,000 COPR holders, according to Canadian government data, have not been able to travel to Canada since March 2020, when the Canadian government imposed coronavirus travel restrictions.
So, some of these people will travel in the nearest future as they still have a valid copr and some have already received a new copr and also are going to Canada. The remaining number is for unfortunate expired copr holders :D hope this won't last for long as I am on the verge of the breakdown

Reactions: Wotsit

Naderb88

Jun 11, 2019
So, some of these people will travel in the nearest future as they still have a valid copr and some have already received a new copr and also are going to Canada. The remaining number is for unfortunate expired copr holders :D hope this won't last for long as I am on the verge of the breakdown
I too am in a pickle my friend. My COPR Expires on the 12th of July and I cannot make it on time... Even if I really aim to meet the expiry deadline, I am unable to. Hoping that my COPR will be renewed smoothly which gives me more time to prepare

Reactions: reptiloid

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Well the way I interpret it is that if your COPR is valid intil at least October 1st i.e. giving you a minimum of 3 months (since June 21, 2021) to travel therefore you have ample time to do so. Obviously with COPRs valid further than October 1st have more time. This SHOULD mean that COPR holders with EXPIRING status anytime between now and October 1st are not Expected to travel, therefore would be eligible for an extension similar to ones with expired COPRs at the moment.

The title of this segment of the update says:
If you’re outside Canada and your COPR and permanent resident visa are expired or expiring

Which includes expiring COPRs up until Oct 1st 2021

Those are my 2 cents on the matter, I would appreciate your input(s).
My 2 cents:
The time to (plan for) travel before October 1 from June 21 could be quite short so these apps could be eligible for extension.
IRCC thinks 3 months is enough time to make accurate plans to travel so apps with validity after October 1 can't count on extensions

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
My COPR in GCKey is valid till september 2021 but I was never issued physical COPR and PRV stamp on my passport. is there anyone else in similar situation?
Although my copr is valid but I can't taravel as I don't have PR visa on my passport. :)