+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
To allow you to board the flight is the decision of the airlines. When flight manifest is generated, it is sent to CBSA. Usually at this time the airlines can enquire about the status of documents of a passenger with CBSA.

Unless the airlines has done it, they will not let you board. So plan in advance.

Had you had a valid visa, the things would have been much easier.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I do have a valid visa until jan 2022, just not stamped on the passport, only mentioned in the AL.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
To allow you to board the flight is the decision of the airlines. When flight manifest is generated, it is sent to CBSA. Usually at this time the airlines can enquire about the status of documents of a passenger with CBSA.

Unless the airlines has done it, they will not let you board. So plan in advance.

Had you had a valid visa, the things would have been much easier.
Also what do you mean by "plan in advance"? I am following word by word what is written in the AL letter sent by IRCC, i don't think anyone can question that and nothing much i can do... I am asked to just show the letter with my passport and expired copr. Hoping for the best, thank you again!

PkMolaJi

Sep 21, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
01-05-2018
Nomination.....
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Request
12-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-06-2019
Passport Req..
30-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2019
During Medicals, if any of dependent children is diagnosed with a contagious disease like TB, Hepatitis etc. What will be its impact on the application? Will IRCC reject the whole case of all the family including Principal Applicant? or some thing else ? Guide plz.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Also what do you mean by "plan in advance"? I am following word by word what is written in the AL letter sent by IRCC, i don't think anyone can question that and nothing much i can do... I am asked to just show the letter with my passport and expired copr. Hoping for the best, thank you again!
By plan in advance I mean is contact the airlines before you fall and get it in writing that your AL will be accepted even when your visa is expired.

Airlines have to follow the rules of the country they disembark from and also of the country where they are heading. The accepted from for individuals whoa re not visa exempt is to have a valid visa in the passport. If it is not there, and you have a piece of printed paper, then it is for the airlines to determine whether to let you travel or not.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
During Medicals, if any of dependent children is diagnosed with a contagious disease like TB, Hepatitis etc. What will be its impact on the application? Will IRCC reject the whole case of all the family including Principal Applicant? or some thing else ? Guide plz.

If any individual who is inadmissible due to medicals, criminality, or Security, the entire family is inadmissible.

However, for some medical conditions such as TB or Hepatitis, it does not lead to medial inadmissibility. The individual is asked to get treated and post treatment a new medical is done.

See the protocols:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imei_tuberculosis.pdf

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/imei_hepatitis.pdf

To read on medical inadmissibility, see https://bit.ly/3cxnr0w

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hey everyone. Is the 3 day hotel stepover still mandatory for valid COPR holders? any news on this?
No need.

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
anyone received 1 astra-zeneca/covishield vaccine and have idea about covid test pre-boarding since it might come +ve?
I had asked this question to a doctor who has been treating COVID patients, she told me that a COVID-19 vaccine will not result in a positive RT-PCR test since the vaccinated person is incapable of spreading the pseudo-virus used in the vaccine, so no, your RT-PCR would not come out positive. Antigen and antibody may come out positive though because it is still in the blood.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yeah have raised a webform for safety. But I assume IRCC is aware of passport submission service being suspended right now and would consider request. Lets see what reply I receive.
This is the reply from IRCC to my webform -

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.

@pavie24 @Fmegha86 - did you receive any reply yet ?

Blonde91

Dec 25, 2019
@CNP @Fmegha86

I need information about the request to upload passport again.

I got my PPR-2 request on June 14. Also, I see the status of my application changed to "Your action is required". In the "Documents Submitted by the client" page, I see 2 new rows added to upload passport under Primary applicant. My understanding is that one of them is for me, the primary applicant, and the other is for my spouse, the dependant. But, both the rows appear under the Primary applicant, and the upload window shows my name on both the rows. No documents are requested under the Spouse's supporting documents. Do you see the same in your application as well?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
@CNP @Fmegha86

I need information about the request to upload passport again.

I got my PPR-2 request on June 14. Also, I see the status of my application changed to "Your action is required". In the "Documents Submitted by the client" page, I see 2 new rows added to upload passport under Primary applicant. My understanding is that one of them is for me, the primary applicant, and the other is for my spouse, the dependant. But, both the rows appear under the Primary applicant, and the upload window shows my name on both the rows. No documents are requested under the Spouse's supporting documents. Do you see the same in your application as well?
Yep. Exactly the same scenario for me, as you described.