+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
Hey, do you have any updates? I replied to the email 2 months ago. Nothing happened since then.
The last update i had from them was when i passed my Re-Meds in January 2021. Generic replies to all the webforms I have sent since then. Looks like the are not even bothered now even when i have explicitly mentioned that my copr was issued pre-march and could not travel due to travel restrictions. Hope is all i have left now!!!

aaronwangxj

Jun 16, 2021
The last update i had from them was when i passed my Re-Meds in January 2021. Generic replies to all the webforms I have sent since then. Looks like the are not even bothered now even when i have explicitly mentioned that my copr was issued pre-march and could not travel due to travel restrictions. Hope is all i have left now!!!
so they asked you to do medical in January and then nothing happened. Did you receive the email asking you if you are still interested into coming to Canada?
And when did your documents expire?

sh221b

Feb 24, 2021
so they asked you to do medical in January and then nothing happened. Did you receive the email asking you if you are still interested into coming to Canada?
And when did your documents expire?
My copr expired in April 2021 then i got a medical request in January. Nothing else.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Same. Haven’t uploaded yet. Will wait for a week or two to see if VFS resumes two way courier.
Folks who received PPR-2, when asked to re-submit the primary applicant passport, did you just Upload or Upload and clicked Next which leads to signing the declaration form?

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hey guys,
I have a question. Someone asked me if biometric details are removed after receiving CoPR/PRV (application approved). Has your biometric detail turned blank in your GCkey account after your application was approved?

ravi1212

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
“As we have said, the government is planning measures for fully vaccinated Canadians, Permanent Residents, and others who are currently permitted to enter Canada and will provide further details on Monday, June 21,” he wrote. -- I am tempted to think that this quote includes us Outland Applicants.
Post march?

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Dear @Armank90,

Thanks for your reply. The rules as highlighted by @BillyWescott clarifies the requirement. And when the new PCCs going to set me back with close to $500 it's a considerable amount is given when the world is going through a tough situation. When there are rules being clearly set, its lack of visibility grips on to the fear, and that fear tends to push people to waste resources in terms of money and time. aIn the future, if someone who is not able to meet the deadline or who is destitute may also get help by knowing the right rules.

Coming to my case, getting an Indian PCC requires me to physically visiting the Embassy appointed offices. There was a Covid positive case at my home and we were in self-isolation. Hope that explains why I was not favorable in getting the PCC done. I was lucky that the positive incident happened after our medicals if not it would have been complicated. So I'm going with the advice mentioned on the Website and shall keep posted on the developments later so it helps members to get more insight.

UPDATE

My consultant submitted the Old PCCs' along with the new one from the country of residence and Medical reports on 24th June 2021, got the approval on the same, and received the request for Visa Stamping on 25th June 2021. This was a way too quick and a pleasant surprise. With no further requirement for any submission whatsoever.

Once again, Thanks to @BillyWescott @whyCorona

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Your welcome

I had raised the same point with the above link in my email and webform to IRCC. They stressed on the fact that "An officer may ask for a new one later on". In my case, this is what happened. The officer told to provide updated PCCs.
Hi @Mavs_2016

Well in my case I got clearance just by submitting the old PCC and the decision was also quick as I got the request for passport submission within a day after submission of the PCC & Medical.

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
UPDATE

My consultant submitted the Old PCCs' along with the new one from the country of residence and Medical reports on 24th June 2021, got the approval on the same, and received the request for Visa Stamping on 25th June 2021. This was a way too quick and a pleasant surprise. With no further requirement for any submission whatsoever.

Once again, Thanks to @BillyWescott @whyCorona
I remember your case and I remember telling you to use your old PCC......but you continued stressing so I backed off. This is simply a case of not overthinking things and making up one's mind.

I stopped asking certain questions on this forum a while back because people tend to over think things thus stressing me out. The rule is simple for me, go on IRCC website and go by what I see.

A while back I posted my COPR and mentioned it had an annotation that it replaces my old COPR issued pre March and I could travel anytime. At some point, I had to tell someone not to stress over my case because they argued that my COPR does not explicitly say I could travel. The rule is clear and simple on IRCC website...pre march are exempt from travel...don't complicate things

For my first COPR, I used a PCC from 2008 from a country I hadn't lived in after I left and it was accepted.

All the best

Last edited:

Dominica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Hi All,

Just wanted to check how long do they take to respond after completing the Re-medicals.. I am due to redo my medicals on 25th June,2021.

thanks,
Dom

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi All,

Just wanted to check how long do they take to respond after completing the Re-medicals.. I am due to redo my medicals on 25th June,2021.

thanks,
Dom
It varies widely. Usually a couple of weeks. Mine has been more than that and no response yet.