+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi,

Taking back to the subject of Old PCC requirement, I raised my query on the IRCC Twitter page but so far no response. On the other hand, my consultant is insisting on applying for the PCCs for which I haven't visited after receiving the CoPR. I confronted him to submit only New UAE PCC & Medicals with a Copy of Old PPCs, he informed me that if anything goes wrong then he would not be responsible. Shall I go ahead and take the risk or should I apply? Will there be an outright rejection if anything goes wrong?
Your consultant is going the 0 risk route. See below for the actual rule on the matter. In my opinion and personal experience you don't need to give recent PCCs for countries you haven't lived in recently.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Date the certificate was issued
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live:

• must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
  • must not be expired
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
From reading the posts it looks like only people who got their COPR pre-march (now expired) have received "Are you still interested?" email? Is there anyone else here who got that email whose COPR was issued after March 2020?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
From reading the posts it looks like only people who got their COPR pre-march (now expired) have received "Are you still interested?" email? Is there anyone else here who got that email whose COPR was issued after March 2020?
Not yet. Remedicals approved in Jan 2021, and patiently waiting.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Seems that things are starting to move, yesterday was a breakthrough since some people received PPRs after re-meds. But as I understand, all of these people are pre-march COPR-holders. Congrats, pals!
Is there any post-march COPR holder who has received a new PPR? Who will be the first? :);)
I will be super excited with any post-march COPR holder, being the first.:)

Reactions: reptiloid

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
When did you reply to the email? I replied on April 12. Since then, no updates. And nothing happened.
I got the email on the 19th and replied on the 24th of April. Sent messages to my local VO and to Canada IRCC as well, got generic replies citing “delays due to COVID-19”. I even replied again on the “Do you still want to immigrate” email asking to initiate my medicals process, but to no avail. Tried calling them on two numbers: the one requiring a US number doesn’t connect to an IRCC agent and I’m stuck in the IVR menus and another was a helpline number (which weirdly can be connected to only if you have a Canadian number). I got myself a virtual Canadian number and tried calling from that too, but it just doesn’t connect.
I asked before too and I’ll request again: If anyone reading this post has any advice to give, I’d be really grateful for any inputs or guidance on what to do next.

Reactions: Aeus20

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Please when your re medical had been approved if it was requested ? Did yiu resubmit your passport? Thank you..
Hi,
Re medicals were requested in dec 2020, completed on Jan 16th 2021 and got approved on 27th jan 2021.

no passport required as they will not stamp a new visa, theyve just mentioned the validity of my new copr in the AL letter they have sent. (New copr valid until jan 2022)

all i am taking to the airport is my expired visa stamped on my passport and the AL theyve sent me. Fingers crossed!

goodluck

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi Members,

Any opinion on the above case would be welcomed.
What would be the disadvantages of acquiring new PCCs except for time and money? Will you miss the deadline? Will you be left destitute? If the answer to both these questions is no; then acquire a fresh set of PCCs. Better safe than sorry. (I don't think it's necessary to provide new PCCs from the countries you haven't visited since you filed your application and haven't stayed for at least 6 consecutive months. But don't risk it. Provide it anyway)

aaronwangxj

Jun 16, 2021
I got the email on the 19th and replied on the 24th of April. Sent messages to my local VO and to Canada IRCC as well, got generic replies citing “delays due to COVID-19”. I even replied again on the “Do you still want to immigrate” email asking to initiate my medicals process, but to no avail. Tried calling them on two numbers: the one requiring a US number doesn’t connect to an IRCC agent and I’m stuck in the IVR menus and another was a helpline number (which weirdly can be connected to only if you have a Canadian number). I got myself a virtual Canadian number and tried calling from that too, but it just doesn’t connect.
I asked before too and I’ll request again: If anyone reading this post has any advice to give, I’d be really grateful for any inputs or guidance on what to do next.
what about your GCKey account? And status change? Or email indicating your application reopened?