+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I noticed the help text besides the document name. It says to upload any visa stamps as well. So seems we need to upload bio pages and previous visas, if any. what do you think ?
That’s true,we need to upload all previous VISAS.I will say,it’s better to scan all the pages of passport,make PDF of that.Upload it.
I am going to do the same.

aaronwangxj

Jun 16, 2021
Me too. No re-medical request or any other communication from IRCC after replying back to them. I sent webforms to my local visa office and also directly to IRCC, all I got back are “due to COVID-19, there may be delays”. I’m planning to call them today and ask them if there is any hold up. It shouldn’t be the case because other members on the forum have shared that they already got their medicals done, uploaded and have also received passport submission requests. What’s your VO?
When did you reply to the email? I replied on April 12. Since then, no updates. And nothing happened.

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
In case that helps anyone in a similar situation, we managed to enter with our (non-expired) COPR today by road from the US. No questions about time spent in the US or really much of anything. The whole process took about an hour, including exporting/importing our car.
Congrats guys.

aaronwangxj

Jun 16, 2021
My documents expire in February. On April 12, i got the Email from IRCC asking me to confirm I still want to go to Canada. I replied the same day. Since then, have not heard anything from IRCC. No updated status in the GCKey account and no further email. Anyone also in the similar situation? ?I know some people have got new visa already. But 2 months later, I still have nothing...

jann719

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
My documents expire in February. On April 12, i got the Email from IRCC asking me to confirm I still want to go to Canada. I replied the same day. Since then, have not heard anything from IRCC. No updated status in the GCKey account and no further email. Anyone also in the similar situation? ?I know some people have got new visa already. But 2 months later, I still have nothing...
Wait your COPR expired this February? Are you post March 18?If yes, then you have to wait a little longer. There's a high chance you were sent this email by mistake.
However, if you are Pre-March 18, please send a webform or call up IRCC to follow up! You should be prioritised immediately.

aaronwangxj

Jun 16, 2021
Wait your COPR expired this February? Are you post March 18?If yes, then you have to wait a little longer. There's a high chance you were sent this email by mistake.
However, if you are Pre-March 18, please send a webform or call up IRCC to follow up! You should be prioritised immediately.
no~I am pre March 18. Because of security check, I had to do the medical again last year, so have a longer period of validity. I have called them and sent webforms, but nothing worked!

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Seems that things are starting to move, yesterday was a breakthrough since some people received PPRs after re-meds. But as I understand, all of these people are pre-march COPR-holders. Congrats, pals!
Is there any post-march COPR holder who has received a new PPR? Who will be the first? :);)
Nothing for post March copr holder...

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Dear @Mavs_2016

Thank you for your response. I have raised the question on the IRCC Twitter page. I'm yet to get any response. Meanwhile could you please provide me with the email address of the RROC, I shall raise an email too as 19th June is the submission cut-off date and I don't want to mess it up.
Hi,

Taking back to the subject of Old PCC requirement, I raised my query on the IRCC Twitter page but so far no response. On the other hand, my consultant is insisting on applying for the PCCs for which I haven't visited after receiving the CoPR. I confronted him to submit only New UAE PCC & Medicals with a Copy of Old PPCs, he informed me that if anything goes wrong then he would not be responsible. Shall I go ahead and take the risk or should I apply? Will there be an outright rejection if anything goes wrong?

Ukraine2020

Apr 1, 2020
As per the news going around, vaccination won’t be mandatory for people entering Canada, but they might do away with the 3-day hotel quarantine and the following 11-day quarantine for people who have received a vaccine that has been approved for use in Canada. Non-vaccinated people may still need to undergo some form of quarantine, but I think we should be getting some more clarity on this by next month.
Do you mind sharing those "news"? Being in the process of waiting for new COPRs I am really wondering what the end of this whole story will be.

swatkat91

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
yeap ... PPR 16 Sept 2020. CopR 21 Oct 2020. VO Abu Dhabi
Oops, should have been more clear. I was wondering if any pre-March 2020 folks here got their new COPR yesterday since there was a bunch who got it on Monday

May 10, 2021
Guys has anyone with a pre March copr entered Canada on these rules??
IRCC may have contacted applicants or will contact them to ask them if they are able to travel to Canada now to live and settle here. Once they are approved to come to Canada, officers will issue the applicants the documents they need to travel. Applicants should not be reaching out to IRCC.

Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)
If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

Travelling from the US (group 4)
Applicants with expired COPRs can travel to Canada from the US for non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• their application was approved
  • they received their COPR and PRV and
  • they have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada