+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
@Fmegha86, @CNP, @tj_canada Can you guys post your timeline i.e. when did you receive want to immigrate email, request for medicals, and CIC profile updated showing medicals passed? Thanks
My timeline is:
30th Mar: Received "do you still want to immigrate" email
19th Apr: Application status changed back to submitted
26th Apr: Received medical request
6th May: Underwent the medical exam
7th Jun: Passed the medical exam
14th Jun: Received passport request

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. My 5 year kid's Canadian passport has expired and need to re-apply.
Kid and family are in India currently. Can I know where we can get the extension process done in India?
Will VFS Canada do this from India? Any leads will be appreciated
Also will it have any impact on OCIs?

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
@Fmegha86, @CNP, @tj_canada Can you guys post your timeline i.e. when did you receive want to immigrate email, request for medicals, and CIC profile updated showing medicals passed? Thanks
Do you want to immigrate email received on 15 March , replied same day
Remeds request 15 April 2021, remeds completed 19 April
Passed medicals updated on 24 April
PPR: 8 June 2021

jipkin

Jun 7, 2021
Do you have to wait for a re-med request to do them? Asking because I did not, just went ahead and did them up-front shortly after getting the do you still want to immigrate email.

swatkat91

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Do you have to wait for a re-med request to do them? Asking because I did not, just went ahead and did them up-front shortly after getting the do you still want to immigrate email.
Yes, they specifically mentioned in that email not to do an upfront medical as this may lead to delays. Having said that, I don't think it should be an issue now that you have done it. Better to email them saying that you have done so, so that they don't have to send you the medicals request again

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello @Fmegha86 @tj_canada @CNP
I have also checked my gc key account and there is an option of uploading passport copy.it’s only for principal applicant ,I can’t see passport upload options for dependent applicants.but still I will upload it and let’s see.
I noticed the help text besides the document name. It says to upload any visa stamps as well. So seems we need to upload bio pages and previous visas, if any. what do you think ?

Reactions: Sahilvee

jipkin

Jun 7, 2021
Yes, they specifically mentioned in that email not to do an upfront medical as this may lead to delays. Having said that, I don't think it should be an issue now that you have done it. Better to email them saying that you have done so, so that they don't have to send you the medicals request again
ah, RIP. thanks.