+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
For those who received PPR @Fmegha86 @pavie24 @idhar_chicha @UsakaurB - did you receive a pdf in account (5 pages) which states something like this-

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

Received this as a request letter and its a bit confusing. They have also asked me upload passport copies within account as well.

tj_canada

Jun 6, 2019
I too received the PPR request yesterday. Things are definitely moving along at NDVO. Unfortunately we've got to wait for the VFS to open now. Hoping the rest of you who are waiting get the re-meds and new PPR soon.
Yes. Received an email today. Logged in to my account and there is a file titled “Request Letter”

It’s a 5 page document, requesting passport and if change in any personal info.

Reactions: idhar_chicha

tj_canada

Jun 6, 2019
For those who received PPR @Fmegha86 @pavie24 @idhar_chicha @UsakaurB - did you receive a pdf in account (5 pages) which states something like this-

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Received this as a request letter and its a bit confusing. They have also asked me upload passport copies within account as well.
I didn’t see a request to upload any documents. It says to get a list of documents ready and submit the package to VFS.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I didn’t see a request to upload any documents. It says to get a list of documents ready and submit the package to VFS.
Please go to the "Application Details" page, click the "View submitted applications". I am not sure if everyone is being asked. At least for me it has placeholder to upload passport with deadline of 14th July.

Malharp

Dec 7, 2020
Hello All,
Today I Received the PPR Request. Everyone just hang in there and you all shall get it soon.
Below are the timelines

Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired June 2020
Raised several webforms for Ready to travel, But only got generic responses.
Still want to immigrate to Canada email on March 29,2021
Re-medical request April 15,2021
Medical passed on May 11,2021
PPR request on June 14 2021

I hope this helps in regards to timelines. Thanks!!

Congratulations. Can you please let me know your AOR, Visa office and Country of residence?. Thank you.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I got my passport request today. They've asked me to submit my passport to VAC new york. But I'm currently in India for a family emergency and will be for the next 30 days. Has anyone been in this situation? Can I request them to allow me to submit my passport to the VAC in India? Or are those closed right now?

Reactions: shredder and RKM20

Malharp

Dec 7, 2020
I got my passport request today. They've asked me to submit my passport to VAC new york. But I'm currently in India for a family emergency and will be for the next 30 days. Has anyone been in this situation? Can I request them to allow me to submit my passport to the VAC in India? Or are those closed right now?
Congratulations. Can you please let me know your AOR, Visa office?Thank you.

shashisumanss

Jan 18, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
I got my "Still want to immigrate" email on 19th April. Haven't received anything else after that. I am pre-March 2020 COPR. Anyone else on the same boat?

Reactions: Kiw_Lemon

tj_canada

Jun 6, 2019
Hello All,
Today I Received the PPR Request. Everyone just hang in there and you all shall get it soon.
Below are the timelines

Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired June 2020
Raised several webforms for Ready to travel, But only got generic responses.
Still want to immigrate to Canada email on March 29,2021
Re-medical request April 15,2021
Medical passed on May 11,2021
PPR request on June 14 2021

I hope this helps in regards to timelines. Thanks!!
Got PPR request today. So do we just wait for VFS to open or what’s the action required from our side?

Reactions: Kiw_Lemon

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017

Yes I received the 5 page PDF with these Steps but not to upload passport copies in account . However if we go in account and click on submitted documents or upload documents section there I can see required passport until 8 July. I think it’s the same thing ie we need to submit passport for copr. Please can anyone who has received the ppr request check their gc account and confirm if they can also see a placeholder for submitting passport ?

Last edited:

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
I got my "Still want to immigrate" email on 19th April. Haven't received anything else after that. I am pre-March 2020 COPR. Anyone else on the same boat?
Me too. No re-medical request or any other communication from IRCC after replying back to them. I sent webforms to my local visa office and also directly to IRCC, all I got back are “due to COVID-19, there may be delays”. I’m planning to call them today and ask them if there is any hold up. It shouldn’t be the case because other members on the forum have shared that they already got their medicals done, uploaded and have also received passport submission requests. What’s your VO?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Yes I received the 5 page PDF with these Steps but not to upload passport copies in account . However if we go in account and click on submitted documents or upload documents section there I can see required passport until 8 July. I think it’s the same thing ie we need to submit passport for copr. Please can anyone who has received the ppr request check their gc account and confirm if they can also see a placeholder for submitting passport ?
Yes, exactly the place where I observed as well :) . I am assuming we need to indeed upload then. Thoughts?

Reactions: Sahilvee and RKM20

shashisumanss

Jan 18, 2019
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2019
Me too. No re-medical request or any other communication from IRCC after replying back to them. I sent webforms to my local visa office and also directly to IRCC, all I got back are “due to COVID-19, there may be delays”. I’m planning to call them today and ask them if there is any hold up. It shouldn’t be the case because other members on the forum have shared that they already got their medicals done, uploaded and have also received passport submission requests. What’s your VO?
Ottawa. What's yours?

Reactions: Aeus20