+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi, I got PPR on May second week. Not submitted passport to VFS. I have sent web form and an email to Delhi IRCC. The reply was Like below.

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email. The High Commission of Canada in India is currently operating under emergency response protocols, and therefore only critical functions are operational. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are close until further notice.

Please be advised that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, please refer to your IRCC secure account.

If you have been requested to provide additional documents by IRCC, and you have applied online, you must submit these additional documents through your secure IRCC account. If you have received a letter from our office requesting additional documents, please note that we are currently not accepting these documents due to limited operations You must provide the documents through your online account. Link your account: Only applications that cannot be linked we will accept via e-mail. Once full operations resume, you will be contacted with further instructions and provided with an opportunity to respond to the request letter. Please note that your documents will not be uploaded by the mission.

We trust you will find above information of assistance.

Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our twitter/facebook/youtube links below.

Regards

Migration Section, High Commission of Canada | Section de migration, Haut-commissariat du Canada

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021, India

Client Service Unit, Migration | Unité du Service à la clientele, migration

e-mail:
delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca
Thank you so much for sharing. This is really helpful! Since it's a PPR case, you didn't have to upload anything or send any document right?

What about the height and eye color. Are you writing it down or taking a print out of the details?

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hello All,
Today I Received the PPR Request. Everyone just hang in there and you all shall get it soon.
Below are the timelines

Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired June 2020
Raised several webforms for Ready to travel, But only got generic responses.
Still want to immigrate to Canada email on March 29,2021
Re-medical request April 15,2021
Medical passed on May 11,2021
PPR request on June 14 2021

I hope this helps in regards to timelines. Thanks!!

swatkat91

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello All,
Today I Received the PPR Request. Everyone just hang in there and you all shall get it soon.
Below are the timelines

Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired June 2020

Congrats! When did you take your medicals and any idea when it was uploaded? I'm currently waiting for my medicals to be updated

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I wish there was a trend for these things. Anyway I would suggest to raise a webform every once in a while to check status.
My VO is Nova Scotia.

wishing you all the best.
from one of your previous messages, I understand that you've applied for a student visa, right?

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Are there people here still waiting on "Are you still interested" email from CIC? My COPR expired back in November 2020 but I have not received anything from CIC yet.

May 10, 2021
Are there people here still waiting on "Are you still interested" email from CIC? My COPR expired back in November 2020 but I have not received anything from CIC yet.
Email them yourself.
Template for you to use when responding to IRCC
To: IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable) remain interested in immigrating to Canada, and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed to re-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:

Information about my application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
    your answer here
  • Class of application:
    Skilled Worker – Federal
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
    (Your answer here)
  • Current country of residence:
    (Your answer here)
  • Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
    (Your answer here)
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
    (Your answer here)
Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application – for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Email them yourself.
Template for you to use when responding to IRCC
To: IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

I am confirming that I (and my family members, if applicable) remain interested in immigrating to Canada, and that I (we) would like our application to be reopened and reassessed.

I also confirm that I (we) will redo my (our) immigration medical examination (IMEs), provide any updated information needed to re-assess my (our) application, and intend to travel to Canada within the validity period of any new confirmation of permanent resident (CoPR) document(s) issued.

Please find my answers below:

Information about my application
  • Primary applicant family name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Primary applicant given name(s):
    (Your answer here)
  • Application number:
    your answer here
  • Class of application:
    Skilled Worker – Federal
  • Primary applicant citizenship:
    (Your answer here)
  • Current country of residence:
    (Your answer here)
  • Date your CoPR/PR visa expired:
    (Your answer here)
  • Full names of family members (including your spouse and dependent children) who are planning to travel to Canada with you, as well as the full names of any non-accompanying dependants:
    (Your answer here)
Please also include any other updated information about your or your family’s situation which could affect your application – for example, information about any new passport that has been issued to you, new dependants, any changes to family configuration due to marriage, divorce, birth, etc., as well as any information that could impact your admissibility to Canada such as new criminal charges or convictions.
Thanks. Is this adivsable to do now? I am asking since we are still not ready to travel and also because my wife's passport is gone for renewal.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I actually entered with my COPR as PR before, my question is it says expired on the portal on May31, but I got my COPR on Jan13. If it is expired, can I still enter with expired COPR through land border via non commercial car?
The COPR does not expire. The expiry date only refers to the date before which you have to land in Canada and be admitted as a PR, as in get it stamped.

S_D_S

Mar 21, 2021
Thank you so much for sharing. This is really helpful! Since it's a PPR case, you didn't have to upload anything or send any document right?

What about the height and eye color. Are you writing it down or taking a print out of the details?
Yes I took printout . I have also included Applicants details including UCI.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hello All,
Below are the timelines

Pre March 18 COPR
COPR Expired June 2020

I too received the PPR request yesterday. Things are definitely moving along at NDVO. Unfortunately we've got to wait for the VFS to open now. Hoping the rest of you who are waiting get the re-meds and new PPR soon.

Reactions: tj_canada