+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello,

I called the IRCC, and they informed me that my file has been transferred to the local visa office - New Delhi.. and they don't have information about my file.. I want to know what stage is that.. ?

I am sure there must be some discussions on this topic previously, however since i am a new member, if someone can provide me a link of those, it would really help me.. :)
Thanks!
GCMS notes will give you the detailed answers regarding the progress of your application. https://www.getgcms.com/

Reactions: Bittoo22

tj_canada

Jun 6, 2019
Hello,

I called the IRCC, and they informed me that my file has been transferred to the local visa office - New Delhi.. and they don't have information about my file.. I want to know what stage is that.. ?

I am sure there must be some discussions on this topic previously, however since i am a new member, if someone can provide me a link of those, it would really help me.. :)
Thanks!
NDVO is the greatest of all. They don’t care even if the Canadian and Indian PM request for an update. You’ll have to just wait and pray that they process your file in a timely manner.

Reactions: Bittoo22

Ozed15

Mar 4, 2021
Hi guys,

So i received the physical copy of the new COPR. There is a remark mentioning: This document replaces the client's previous confirmation of permanent residence document which was issued on or before March 18,2020.

I guess that says all, you are free to travel to Canada with the new COPR :D

I will not travel until I get my 2nd vaccine done in the UK. Just want to say thanks to everyone here that helps answering all the questions and good luck to you all.
Congrats. I also received my new COPR today. But it does not contain this remark. I am a bit worried. My Visa office is Manila, although it seems the COPR was processed in Hong Kong

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Great news :)

Did they ask about the quarantine plans and all the apps that we are asked to download prior to landing in canada? (ArriveCan, health app, edeclaration, etc...?)

I am nervous as i am planning my trip soon as per my AL that expires on July 19th, i believe all they need to see if the AL along with my passport and expired copr (this is what was mentioned in the letter).

Thank you and good luck.
The officer was not friendly but not strict either. As i have mentioned, they(IO at the port of entry) did not ask for those documents only the copr and passport and medical surveillance. Maybe because they know that the airlines already checked those things before boarding the plane, so maybe its a waste of time for them to check it again as you are not allowed to board the plane in the first place without these things. But you still have to prepare those documents that they are requiring us to provide just in case they ask as not all officers are the same. Ive read in the forum before, some were asked to show those documents, some were not.its all depend on the officer. We prepared everything that is in the website..register in arrivecan,proof of funds,negative covid results, quarantine plans, hotel etc..the airlines asked for my Landing paper as principal applicant( i am in canada, dependents outside), negative covid swab,copr passport.

If you were issued an AL with expired copr, i believe you are good to go but still need to prepare the other requirements. IRCC is issuing either AL or new copr and visa. If they give you a new coprand visa, you no longer need AL.

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
You’re right, just because it isn’t specified in black and white terms, it is possible the immigration officer may use their own interpretation and make a decision. If in case that happens, one might have to guide the official through the sequence of events that transpired.
Show them the old copr if they question you so they know its an extension

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Congrats. I also received my new COPR today. But it does not contain this remark. I am a bit worried. My Visa office is Manila, although it seems the COPR was processed in Hong Kong
My family's copr doesn't have such annotations as well and they were able to travel. They are under pre-march18,2020 and immediate family member of a PR. I suggest bring your original copr just in case somebody would question your copr..you can email manila office as they are pretty good in replying to our queries.
God bless..

Reactions: Ozed15

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Same case here. I submitted passport to VFS, Tokyo. They forwarded that to IRCC Manila office. Me & My wife Visa was issued from IRCC Manila while my daughter visa was issued from Hong Kong office.

Reactions: Ozed15 and Springg

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi everyone! Finally got the Passport Request today!

Pre-March 18th COPR
VO- NDVO
Do you still want to immigrate email - 15th March'21, replied on the same day.
Remedical Request - 15th April
Did my medicals on 21st April
Medicals Approved/passed on 24th April
PPR - 29th May

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020

Pre-March 18th COPR
VO- NDVO
PPR - 29th May
Hi Congrats! We had paid the right to permanent residence fee before but it has increased...Do we need to pay the differential?

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
We are pre 18 march copr holders and we had paid right to permanent residence fee at the time of our initial application ...now received ppr after remedicals...in ppr letter they wrote that pay right to permanent residence fee if applicable... since that fee has increased over the past one year do we need to pay differential fee?

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019

Pre-March 18th COPR
VO- NDVO
PPR - 29th May
is the VFS open? how much time do you have to send in your passport for stamping?