+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hey. Do check this link. Maybe we need not submit PCCs again. And they are asking just for the country we currently we live in

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Hey, thank you for sharing this link. You’re right it seems.
The following line suggests only a new one from the current country of residence is required:

”Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
  • it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.”

Reactions: Zahya

Zummer

Mar 21, 2021
You can't travel to the US from the UK right now but you can fly to Mexico, spend 14 days vacationing there and then fly to the US and then drive up to the Canadian border and do the landing if you're COPR is still valid. That's what I did and all went very smoothly. I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am post March 18 copr holder.
Wow! I just read your 'journey'. Fair play for doing it. If we didn't have kids, I would be tempted to do something similar, but I think we're going to have to wait it out a little longer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Okay then its strange because it states mine as expired, as on the date the first copr was issued. The same for all in my family, except the dependent with the current student permit application. That shows as valid.

My CIC account still shows the biometrics completed in November 2019 but shows no other details right now since its under process again. Earlier it did show the validity was till Nov 2029.

Am I missing something here? please advise @legalfalcon
If you have already provided biometrics for your PR application, you do not have to worry. If IRCC needs your biometrics again, you will be informed.

The link is for applicants who have applied for a visa and provided the biometrics before. The same biometrics will be taken into account for the PR application to as long as the biometrics are valid, i.e. were provided within the last 10 years.

Reactions: Titanium

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Anyone know how long Passport validity is required during PPR? We have recently completed our re-meds and am waiting for it to get updated and get a PPR request hopefully. My issue is that my wife's passport is expiring in Jan 2022. Considering that the VO in New Delhi is currently shut and we cant say when it will open, im wondering if by the time we get a PPR and the VO re-opens its July/Aug and her passport will have a validity of less than 6 month, will they reject it?
We cant even apply for a new passport right now as the passport offices are shut due to lockdown, and anyway i fear it will further delay our CoPR extension if we say we want to update her passport now.
Also, does anyone have any idea if the CoPR is valid as long as the medicals even if the Passport of the person is expiring before it? In that case can we travel with the new passport and carrying the old one along with the CoPR? I know the US allows you to travel on a visa stamped on a older passport, but Canada dosent for tourist visa. Any idea if CoPR would be different?
Any help would be appreciated. Maybe @legalfalcon could shed some light on this?
The CORP and PR visa cannot be issued beyond the validity of your medicals / passport. IF your passport is expiring, or about to expire, you should renew it and send a scanned copy of it to IRCC.

As per IRCC your passport should be valid for at least 6 months or more.

Reactions: amarneo

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys,

So i received the physical copy of the new COPR. There is a remark mentioning: This document replaces the client's previous confirmation of permanent residence document which was issued on or before March 18,2020.

I guess that says all, you are free to travel to Canada with the new COPR :D

I will not travel until I get my 2nd vaccine done in the UK. Just want to say thanks to everyone here that helps answering all the questions and good luck to you all.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi guys,

So i received the physical copy of the new COPR. There is a remark mentioning: This document replaces the client's previous confirmation of permanent residence document which was issued on or before March 18,2020.

I guess that says all, you are free to travel to Canada with the new COPR :D

I will not travel until I get my 2nd vaccine done in the UK. Just want to say thanks to everyone here that helps answering all the questions and good luck to you all.
congratulations! all the best with the travel process!

Reactions: guocamole

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I finished my IME (remedicals) last week and sent IRCC an email update along with acknowledgement copy from the physician's office. My 30 day clock for remedical ended today. The physicians office is yet to submit my medicals and they're saying it take min 10 business days. My online profile now says "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam." I'm getting really worried. Should I send another email/fill out a webform? Did anyone else have this issue?

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
I finished my IME (remedicals) last week and sent IRCC an email update along with acknowledgement copy from the physician's office. My 30 day clock for remedical ended today. The physicians office is yet to submit my medicals and they're saying it take min 10 business days. My online profile now says "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam." I'm getting really worried. Should I send another email/fill out a webform? Did anyone else have this issue?
I thought we have 90 days to update the medical?

Don't worry about it, it is normal for physician office to take 10 working days to submit. As long as you sent IRCC the acknowledge letter or anything that shows you are working on it you will be fine. I think they are quite flexible with it, especially with the current situation when everything takes double amount of time if not longer. Make sure you call the physician office on the 10th day and remind them to update your result.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I thought we have 90 days to update the medical?

Don't worry about it, it is normal for physician office to take 10 working days to submit. As long as you sent IRCC the acknowledge letter or anything that shows you are working on it you will be fine. I think they are quite flexible with it, especially with the current situation when everything takes double amount of time if not longer. Make sure you call the physician office on the 10th day and remind them to update your result.
No it's 30 days from the date on the letter they send you for remedicals. 90 is only when you ask for an extension and they approve it. I didn't ask for one.

I've been calling the physican's office every other day to get an update, but they're slammed rn.

If anyone is in a similar position, please let me know. Thanks!