+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Oh okay. I have stayed in 3 countries for more than 6months. So confused whether I gotta send it all again. If anybody has any inputs, pls advise.
Anyway thank you @CNP
I have stayed in 2, and I think I will also most likely be asked to provide both PCCs again since they have a limited validity. One had a validity of 3 months and the other had a validity of 6 months.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hey all,
I was just looking at the 'find out if you can travel to Canada' wizard.
Are we able to travel from the UK to the US and cross the border from there? I didn't think that was the case, but the wizard seems to suggest that it's possible if you connect in the US.
Any ideas?
You can't travel to the US from the UK right now but you can fly to Mexico, spend 14 days vacationing there and then fly to the US and then drive up to the Canadian border and do the landing if you're COPR is still valid. That's what I did and all went very smoothly. I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am post March 18 copr holder.

MFA2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hello All,

My COPR plus PRV expired on January 26, 2021 and only piece of communication that I received from IRCC is on March 17, 2021 stating following :-

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Any other member in the group with similar experience or email from IRCC followed by receiving any further communication.

Suggestions welcome for next steps or any action required from my side.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thankyou for that link, but is this link only if you have applied for a study, work or visit visa.
This link is for if you have provided biometrics in the last 10 years.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hey did anyone here get their medicals done from GYD diagnostics, Hyderabad India!? How are they as a medical centre? Efficient enough??

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
@vrules90 Hi. In my request letter they have mentioned about Pcc and medical examination. But I did not get the medical form in the message section in the gckey account.
But my status is showing as "you do not need a medical examination. We will send you a message if this changes"
Did you get the medical form in the message section of the account?
Yes, I got 5 messages on same day. 2 stating PCC required, 2 for re-medical(IMM something form) and 1 stating document submission.

Reactions: Zahya

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hey did anyone here get their medicals done from GYD diagnostics, Hyderabad India!? How are they as a medical centre? Efficient enough??
Not sure of Gyd. I'd say go to CMM in Banjara Hills. They are clean, professional and are the official Panel physician for US, UK, CAN, AUS, and NZ.

Reactions: sudhach91

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
This link is for if you have provided biometrics in the last 10 years.
Okay then its strange because it states mine as expired, as on the date the first copr was issued. The same for all in my family, except the dependent with the current student permit application. That shows as valid.

My CIC account still shows the biometrics completed in November 2019 but shows no other details right now since its under process again. Earlier it did show the validity was till Nov 2029.

Am I missing something here? please advise @legalfalcon

vrules90

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Finally, IRCC responded to my email asking extension for re-meds and PCC from 30 days to 90 days. But still under document submission page date is not updated and still showing June 11th 2021.
Is that a thing to worry about or will it be updated soon or I just need to submit within 90 days irrespective of initial deadline shown over there?

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
I have stayed in 2, and I think I will also most likely be asked to provide both PCCs again since they have a limited validity. One had a validity of 3 months and the other had a validity of 6 months.
Hey. Do check this link. Maybe we need not submit PCCs again. And they are asking just for the country we currently we live in

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Finally, IRCC responded to my email asking extension for re-meds and PCC from 30 days to 90 days. But still under document submission page date is not updated and still showing June 11th 2021.
Is that a thing to worry about or will it be updated soon or I just need to submit within 90 days irrespective of initial deadline shown over there?
Don't worry. Carry on with the process. Make sure you keep a copy of the email communication.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Anyone know how long Passport validity is required during PPR? We have recently completed our re-meds and am waiting for it to get updated and get a PPR request hopefully. My issue is that my wife's passport is expiring in Jan 2022. Considering that the VO in New Delhi is currently shut and we cant say when it will open, im wondering if by the time we get a PPR and the VO re-opens its July/Aug and her passport will have a validity of less than 6 month, will they reject it?
We cant even apply for a new passport right now as the passport offices are shut due to lockdown, and anyway i fear it will further delay our CoPR extension if we say we want to update her passport now.
Also, does anyone have any idea if the CoPR is valid as long as the medicals even if the Passport of the person is expiring before it? In that case can we travel with the new passport and carrying the old one along with the CoPR? I know the US allows you to travel on a visa stamped on a older passport, but Canada dosent for tourist visa. Any idea if CoPR would be different?
Any help would be appreciated. Maybe @legalfalcon could shed some light on this?