+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
But there is no recommendations for FSW outlanders backlog applications ...
They have a huge workload just processing expired CoPR's (processing re-meds, new pcc, new CoPR, AL, sending e-mails to request this doc's) and every day the amount of expired CoPR/visa's grows. A viscious circle....
When they allow applicants to travel with expired doc's, and/or exempt valid CoPR holders from travel restrictions they van use their precious time to clear backlogs

Reactions: KoKo_

Zahya

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi. I received do you want to immigrate mail on 12th April. Details got updated in gckey in a week.

I have not received medical request yet. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
They have a huge workload just processing expired CoPR's (processing re-meds, new pcc, new CoPR, AL, sending e-mails to request this doc's) and every day the amount of expired CoPR/visa's grows. A viscious circle....
When they allow applicants to travel with expired doc's, and/or exempt valid CoPR holders from travel restrictions they van use their precious time to clear backlogs
They could make it easier for everyone and say that all expired COPR and medicals are hereby extended until 2022..

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi. I received do you want to immigrate mail on 12th April. Details got updated in gckey in a week.

I have not received medical request yet. Is there anyone else in the same situation as me?
Do we know who's responsible for sending the remedical request? Is it the VO?

I haven't heard back from them either. The wait is really excruciating. It's been 1.5 years now.

Reactions: Zahya

Judy12

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please I would be glad if someone helps me out with my inquiry.

I am an inland applicant but received COPr outside canada shortly after I travelled . Ircc had to reverse my status to enable me come back to canada on my post graduate work permit. However I haven’t been able to return because most airlines aren’t allowing me board except I have a valid employment letter to show its essential travel(I quit my job before travelling because it was a family emergency and Company won’t allow me take leave).
My questions are

1. My dependent COPr expires June 22. What if I am not able to travel before then? Is there a way to present my case to Ircc to enable me get authorization to travel ?
  2. I am currently pregnant. If I give birth in my current country of visitation (if I can’t travel Before delivery date). Will I need to add my child to my application and then it will be processed again ?
Please kindly advise on the way forward.

amkumar

Oct 18, 2020
They have only cancelled your AL.
Can I still travel? I reached out to their CoVID exemption desk. They mentioned I don't need a written authorization. I also called their helpdesk to ask if I can travel using AL (given I don't have eCoPR). She said yes I can travel. But I am confused. They seemed to have cancelled AL but customer care agent doesn't think so. I don't have eCoPR. Also the email was sent on 23rd thats when they started travel restriction from India and Pakistan. I am not sure if they just sent out the email on AL just because I have Indian passport.

What's your suggestion?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I am a pre-March too. This thing has been dragging for so long and my friends are bored of me talking about moving to Canada :D
It would be great if you can let us know what happens once you receive your new COPR. I wonder if we have to wait until the restriction is lifted or do we need to apply for AL if we are ready to move over. Thanks.
Hi. I will let you know when I receive the new COPR but from previous comments, It will be stated in the new COPR that it is a replacement for the old/expired one approved pre march, which will enable one travel without AL as restrictions does not apply to pre March

I will have to read through mine to see if it says the above

Reactions: guocamole

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
I did my medical today. I’ll let y’all know how long it takes for ppr
Did you inform IRCC after you completed your medicals? The folks at the panel physician's office said it takes them 10 days to update results (+10 will be after my 30 day deadline). wondering if I should send a webform just to be safe?