+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

My COPR/PR Visa is expiring on 31st May 21.
When can I expect IRCC to contact me regarding new PPR request?
Do I need to raise a webform to inform about the expiry and request instructions or it doesn't matter?

TIA
I mean, yes, assuming you were a post March 2020 CoPR holder, you do have to raise a webform and inform IRCC once that you will not be able to travel before your CoPR expires, as far as i know. After that you can wait for them to contact you regarding the same.

Reactions: jatinder161088

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi guys,

Any pre march copr holders who got new copr issued?
I did my remeds in Jan 2021 as requested by IRCC (as my previous ones expired in dec 2020 along with my first copr) and passed them on Jan 27th 2021, it has been almost 4 months now and i am still waiting for PPR - is this a normal time frame? i hope it doesn't take much longer..

VO: Ottawa

Appreciate any response if you are in the same situation.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Ajourney

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hi guys,

I did my remeds in Jan 2021 as requested by IRCC (as my previous ones expired in dec 2020 along with my first copr) and passed them on Jan 27th 2021, it has been almost 4 months now and i am still waiting for PPR - is this a normal time frame? i hope it doesn't take much longer..

Hello. I am a pre March COPR holder. I have the same VO and the same January remedical timeline. Still waiting for new PPR. I’m hoping it won’t be too much longer.

Reactions: shipping

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
No worries. I am pre March and also a visa exempt applicant. I believe they are sending different emails to people then because you have the option to upload documents to your online account . I received my PPR 2 days ago and in my letter, I was told to send photocopy of biodata page, passport photos and height and eye color details to VAC. Similar to what was requested in my first PPR. All the best
I am a pre-March too. This thing has been dragging for so long and my friends are bored of me talking about moving to Canada :D
It would be great if you can let us know what happens once you receive your new COPR. I wonder if we have to wait until the restriction is lifted or do we need to apply for AL if we are ready to move over. Thanks.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello. I am a pre March COPR holder. I have the same VO and the same January remedical timeline. Still waiting for new PPR. I’m hoping it won’t be too much longer.
Hi,

Oh really.. seems are VO are a bit slow .. i just hope they give us enough time to make a move, as this is already 4 months off our new copr validity...

Which country so you reside in?

Thank you for your response and keep in touch.

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi guys,

Hi I am a Pre March COPR holder. I was requested to do a re-medical on 15 March. Did my medical in April and passed on 22 April. I received my PPR request on 14 May. My visa office is in London. I think every office is different and Ottawa might be a busier one. You should receive yours soon.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi I am a Pre March COPR holder. I was requested to do a re-medical on 15 March. Did my medical on in April and passed on 22 April. I received my PPR request on 14 May. My visa office is in London. I think every office is different and Ottawa one might be a busier one. You should receive yours soon.
congrats amazing news - Any idea if your copr is considered as a replacement to the old one and you can travel without an AL so you are exempt from the travel restrictions?

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi guys,

Hi

I am Pre March.

Med request March 18th or 19th

Meds done March 23rd

Med passed March 29th

PPR May 14th

VO Ottawa

I did not get the "do you want to migrate email". It was med request and then PPR

Reactions: tusa47

sarah2006

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi,

My COPR/PR Visa is expiring on 31st May 21.
When can I expect IRCC to contact me regarding new PPR request?
Do I need to raise a webform to inform about the expiry and request instructions or it doesn't matter?

TIA
You may send webform before your copr expires, that's what most of us did.What's your VO? mine is Sydney NS.

Reactions: jatinder161088