+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

Congratulations to all who have finally received their PPRs.

Is there someone who has completed their re-medicals and still waiting them to be updated in the GC-Key account ?

I have completed mine 14 days ago and still no update.
Hi Jagjyot, I did my exam last Thursday (7 days ago) and my account's status is still "Your action is required."

As per my understanding, we don't have to send them any further communication, right?

Reactions: JagjyotSingh

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
Hi, I have received request for re-medicals and have 30 days to do so. But looking at the current situation in Pune, India I have that fear to go to hospital for Medicals.

Is there anyone who have requested for the extension for Medicals and it has been approved

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Was on the same boat few days back...I missed replying to that email within given timeframe but I received an update the profile is in "submitted" status last week. Expecting email for Re medical
Yes, i also got the request for re-meds yesterday. Thankfully they were lenient about not having replied in the stipulated time. Going for remeds now in a few days, i hope VFS re-open's by the time we get PPR

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, I have received request for re-medicals and have 30 days to do so. But looking at the current situation in Pune, India I have that fear to go to hospital for Medicals.

Is there anyone who have requested for the extension for Medicals and it has been approved
Yes, i remember reading on this thread a few days back of people who had requested for an extension for the re-meds and IRCC obliged and changed it to 90 days instead of 30.

Reactions: Prateek007

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
What happened to this in the end?

In late February I received a Letter of Authorization stating IRCC extended the validity of my CoPR and PR visa until July 30th, BUT that I should use that letter of Authorization BEFORE April 27th, otherwise 'IRCC will leave your PR application open and you will have to go through this CoPR and PRV re-issuance process again when you are able to travel to Canada.'
Unfortunately, due to work commitments and Covid travel restrictions in my country I could not travel to Canada in April, but I will be able to travel in June, a month prior to the new expiry date of my extended CoPR and PR Visa.

I already sent two inquiries through the web form in March and April, asking IRCC to re-issue the Authorization Letter, but have not received any response from them, and I really don't know what to do.
I ended up not travelling and had PRV and COPR reissued.. but my case was a lot different from others..

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
Yes, i also got the request for re-meds yesterday. Thankfully they were lenient about not having replied in the stipulated time. Going for remeds now in a few days, i hope VFS re-open's by the time we get PPR
Indeed they were helpful in considering it

Reactions: K&K

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
I did mine on April 21st.. at CDC Andheri..
They were quite strict about covid protocols.. they're giving fewer appointments in a day..
Social Distancing was possible.. they were sanitizing everything regularly.. made sure people don't come in contact with each other.. sanitize seats after someone leaves a testing room..
Thank you for sharing, im booking mine will go as per the available slots. How much time did it take the whole process ?

Reactions: pavie24