+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have recently received my COPR which expires on 4th Jan 2022, but since we cannot travel right now to Canada and IRCC says they will contact us for further steps, has anyone heard regarding what these steps are and how we can travel before our COPR expires?

What are the other options that we can use to travel to Canada as soon as possible and get exempted from travel restrictions. Will a job offer letter work here somehow?

If anyone is in the same situation or is aware of what should be done in such situation, can you please help me?

Thanks
Are you a pre march 18 copr holder? If yes i have read on this forum that you can travel as long as it is mentioned that this is a replacement of your old copr.

if you are a post march i am not sure as i am myself a pre march18 copr holder. I guess wait for the travel restrictions updates.

goodluck

Canadian J

Apr 28, 2021
Hello!

So I'd invite anybody to check me on this, but from what I've heard from CIC officials that I've called into, if you fly into the US and take a connecting flight to the Canada, I understand that they'll probably let you in. This is also explicitly mentioned on their website.

I believe the reason for this is that you are tested at the US checkpoint for illness, so the understanding is that anybody who is allowed to fly from the US isn't a flight risk.

Can someone else confirm?

Eddiesol

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have recently received my COPR which expires on 4th Jan 2022, but since we cannot travel right now to Canada and IRCC says they will contact us for further steps, has anyone heard regarding what these steps are and how we can travel before our COPR expires?

What are the other options that we can use to travel to Canada as soon as possible and get exempted from travel restrictions. Will a job offer letter work here somehow?

If anyone is in the same situation or is aware of what should be done in such situation, can you please help me?

Thanks
I'm in the same situation and my visa expire in October 2021 . I'm unable to land due to travel restrictions and don't know when they will be lifted

Reactions: Nimz10

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Their email adress:

ABDBIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

But they just ask to send webforms instead:

‘Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry.

Please provide us with your file number and passport number using the IRCC web form: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu dhabi&_ga=1.68913873.1703483113.1416458348

All future enquiries should be made via the web form at the link above.

Due to the outbreak of coronavirus, we are providing limited services and there will be a delay in providing a response and processing visa applications

Regards,

Client Experience Team | RA

IRCC Abu Dhabi

United Arab Emirates’

In my case I was just asking how long it would take to reissue a new copr considering that i plan to move by the end of summer and that i have already passed my remeds in January. It has been more than 3months now..
Am in a similar situation as you. Thats a similar query I sent in March and got a generic response.

Reactions: Aliasoufan

Nimz10

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone! I’m post March COPR holder. My visa expires in Dec 2021. I have lost my job due to COVID and waiting to go to Canada to start my life. Since I’m post March 18 COPR holder I’m not allowed to travel. Kindly suggest me will I be able to travel if I find a job in Canada? Does anybody got jobs like that? Cz everyone says it will be so difficult to find a job in Canada since I’m not inside the country. Are there any tips or advice anyone can give? Any web sites etc..! Pls help! I’m in a very bad situation. @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone! I’m post March COPR holder. My visa expires in Dec 2021. I have lost my job due to COVID and waiting to go to Canada to start my life. Since I’m post March 18 COPR holder I’m not allowed to travel. Kindly suggest me will I be able to travel if I find a job in Canada? Does anybody got jobs like that? Cz everyone says it will be so difficult to find a job in Canada since I’m not inside the country. Are there any tips or advice anyone can give? Any web sites etc..! Pls help! I’m in a very bad situation. @legalfalcon
You can surely search and apply and let the employer know your status.

To currently travel, you will need a work permit.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Same here, CoPR expires in sept 2021......

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,
Do you know any one who got PPR after re medicals ?
Thanks

xs22

Feb 9, 2021
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a situation here. Can someone please help me out?

After submitting my passport in March 2020, I finally received CoPR after about 8 months after in November 2020.

The date on my CoPR states that it will be expired in August 2021.

Here is the situation: I have received a job offer (with visa sponsorship) from a country other than Canada. Do you think there is a chance for me to enter Canada before August? Does it make sense for me to accept the job offer and wait until Canada re-opens the borders?

I'm asking this because I see a lot of people here who have had their CoPRs expired in 2020 and are only just receiving their "Do you want to travel" emails.

So I assume that it's going to take A LOT of time for IRCC to clear its backlog and people in my situation are going to waiting a long time.

Reactions: Nimz10

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a situation here. Can someone please help me out?

After submitting my passport in March 2020, I finally received CoPR after about 8 months after in November 2020.

The date on my CoPR states that it will be expired in August 2021.

Here is the situation: I have received a job offer (with visa sponsorship) from a country other than Canada. Do you think there is a chance for me to enter Canada before August? Does it make sense for me to accept the job offer and wait until Canada re-opens the borders?

I'm asking this because I see a lot of people here who have had their CoPRs expired in 2020 and are only just receiving their "Do you want to travel" emails.

So I assume that it's going to take A LOT of time for IRCC to clear its backlog and people in my situation are going to waiting a long time.
How easy would it be for you to move from this new country whenever the border opens.

August is just 3 months away, i dont think anyone can say for sure that one can definitely enter by August. Its based on multiple dynamic factors.

I do wish and pray that it becomes easy for everyone waiting.

Reactions: xs22

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
@Lachelle
We too got remedical request on March 11 and did medicals on April 27th .
I replied the Medical request mail on the 28th that we completed remedical and prefer a new COPR over an AL.
Profile got updated as medical passed on 1st May.
So how long did it take for you to get the PPR request after re-medicals
Thanks
I didnt receive a remedical request. What we received back in October was a refusal letter stating they couldn't process our request due to our med8cal had expired and so my family did remed in Nov. No update for 2 months and so i emailed my visa office to make a follow up. I was asked to email their emedical form and so i did. Im an inland and my dependents outside canada. I needed to land first before they would issue a PPR. It took 1 month before i get landed. After i landed, 4 days later PPr for my family

LK009_LRE

May 30, 2019
Could someone please tell me after how many days your profile (express entry profile via GC key) got updated when you reply to "Do you still want to immigrate to Canada" mail? and after that within how many days you got the re-med application?

Also even though I didn't changed the subject of the mail when reply I noticed that Gmail has added "Re:" to the beginning of the subject. Could this be an issue?

Thanks in advance