+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

hisham1406

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have recieved an email asking if I still want to immigrate to canada.

I will be responding by saying yes, but there is a possibility that I will be getting married in the next 3-4 months i.e my status will be changing.

1. What happens if I get my application approved and copr issued before I get married?

2. What happens if I get married and my application is still under process?

Do I need to be worried that my application will rejected when I inform them of my status change (either after its approved OR before its approved) since they specifically state that it is now closed and will be reopened only once.

Thanks.
Hi guys. Would appreciate some advice here. Thanks

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hey guys,

I replied to the do you still want to immigrate email on April 20 and myCIC GCKey profile has been updated today or yesterday April 26-27 from "Approved" to "Submitted" and "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

It says they do not need a medical exam (I did an upfront medical visit in December but tbh I hope they will ask me to redo it in order to have a longer COPR validity period).

It also indicates my background check is being processed.

I wonder why it's going so fast all of a sudden. I hope they don't give me a 60 day ultimatum to pack my stuff and move.

Hi @ameha

I got the Do You still want to immigrate on 19th April 2021. I replied within half an hour - but I never got any auto-response.

Please could you paste what is the auto response that you got?

I replied to this email ID as was mentioned to me in the Do You Still Want to Immigrate email

<ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca>,
"IN-RROC / CORR-RI (IRCC)" <IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

VO - NDVO

Please could you tell what email ID did you reply to? and your VO

Also asking @Fmegha86 @BillyWescott @amrahsidana @CNP if you did get any Auto-Response on replying to this email? Also, what email ID did you reply to?
No, I did not get any acknowledgment of receipt. The email address that you used is correct. Don't worry and have patience. Check your CIC profile to see if anything changes. From the info I gathered on this forum thread it usually takes around 15-20 days for them to update the profile and then they send a request to do the medical visit.

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
what is your timeline of receiving the email and the profile getting updated?

Also did you get a notification that your profile got updated?
@ameha i received the mail on 19th April and replied on the same day.my profile got updated on 26th April and now it’s showing submitted.I didn’t get any notification.I simply logged in gc key account and saw the update.

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I understand how you must be feeling, as I responded to that mail on the very last date, and I was under extreme stress and uncertainty whether IRCC would consider my response or not.
Thankfully, my account got updated after few days, and I got the re-medical request.
But until that happened, I was very anxious and stressed out.

You have already received some good advice about the next steps you should take.
My only advice would be to make your response as genuine as possible and request them to consider it on humanitarian grounds, where your efforts and hopes of many years are on the line, and that too in such extraordinary and stressful times. If possible, include some evidence also. For eg, in case you were not well and hence couldn’t check your emails, then include your doctor’s prescription, etc.

Pls make a proper case but respond as soon as you can.

All the best

Please help/Guide/share your experience

Reactions: idhar_chicha

INUSACA

Jun 9, 2018
hello everyone, bit of a background, my COPR expired June 2020. I received an email recently asking if I am still interested in immigrating to Canada to which I replied positively and got issued medical forms to take another round of medical exams for both myself and my spouse.

However, I didn't receive one for my child, whereas in my reply to them I have clearly stated that he is part of my application. He did undergo a medical exam the first time we included him in the application. not sure if they are waiving it for the child this time or they just missed it.

Wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat. I did reach out to cic to clarify but wanted to get the forum's input as well. much appreciated!

Raj_Wan

Apr 26, 2021
Got the "Do you want to immigrate" email on April 7th. Replied on the same day. Received the auto response.

No change in online application yet. What’s the normal timeframe to see any updates?

anyone waiting with the same timeframe?
"Do you.." email received March 15. Responded affirmative March 17. No automated acknowledgement. Status on IRCC system updated to "In Progress". Received request for medicals today April 27 (so approximately 40 days later).

Last edited:

Raj_Wan

Apr 26, 2021
Hi @ameha

I got the Do You still want to immigrate on 19th April 2021. I replied within half an hour - but I never got any auto-response.

Please could you paste what is the auto response that you got?

I replied to this email ID as was mentioned to me in the Do You Still Want to Immigrate email

<ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca>,
"IN-RROC / CORR-RI (IRCC)" <IRCC.IN-RROC-CORR-RI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

VO - NDVO

Please could you tell what email ID did you reply to? and your VO

Also asking @Fmegha86 @BillyWescott @amrahsidana @CNP if you did get any Auto-Response on replying to this email? Also, what email ID did you reply to?
"Do you.." email received March 15. Responded affirmative March 17 to ircc.in-rroc-corr-ri.ircc@cic.gc.ca. No automated acknowledgement. Status on IRCC system updated to "In Progress". Received request for medicals today April 27 (so approximately 40 days later).

ameha

Jun 1, 2018
"Do you.." email received March 15. Responded affirmative March 17. No automated acknowledgement. Status on IRCC system updated to "In Progress". Received request for medicals today April 27 (so approximately 40 days later).
@Raj_Wan when did your profile change to in progress? It looks like some are taking more than 20-30 days while looks like @BillyWescott your profile updated within 5-6 days.

I have received the automated acknowledgment email but nothing after that email. I still see my old counter foil documents and old statuses.

should I reach out to them? Any thoughts?

LK009_LRE

May 30, 2019
Hi,

With heavy heart i would to share that i missed replying to the email with subject line "
Action required by April 22, 2021: Confirm that you still want to immigrate to Canada
"
I don't know how but i missed the deadline and just replied to that email.

Anyone know what will happen to my profile now? I just don't want to miss the opportunity

Please guide and help based on your experience
Thanks to you I checked my mail and guessed what I have missed the mail as well. It was routed to a folder where I don't usually check. Luckily the deadline is day after tomorrow. Don't worry you will get yours. Good things will happen because your post is what helped me.

Reactions: pavie24

shivathej

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I got the ready for Visa mail yesterday and today VFS have closed the two way passport pick up and drop services owing to lockdown in New Delhi.
Anyone on the same boat? Should Raise a webform informing ircc of current stutation?
Hi I am also in same situation , have you raised the web form?

tj_canada

Jun 6, 2019
Hi, did your get a PDF form in your account for the medicals titled "medical report and client biodata summary?" It basically has a place for picture, client information, immigration details, immigration medical examiner grading and panel physician declaration. Wondering if everyone got the standard form? Or is it different based on country of residence?
Hi, did your get a PDF form in your account for the medicals titled "medical report and client biodata summary?" It basically has a place for picture, client information, immigration details, immigration medical examiner grading and panel physician declaration. Wondering if everyone got the standard form? Or is it different based on country of residence?
Yes, it is in PDF format and page 2 is titled "medical report and client biodata summary"

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
Plz advice ,my account got updated yesterday and than submitted.got a mail from ircc that your account has been updated and when I checked it.it says you don’t need medical exam.we will let you know if it changes.does that mean I dnt hv to redo medicals?
Plz comment on that.thanks in advance.

Reactions: BillyWescott

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hey guys,

I replied to the do you still want to immigrate email on April 20 and myCIC GCKey profile has been updated today or yesterday April 26-27 from "Approved" to "Submitted" and "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

It says they do not need a medical exam (I did an upfront medical visit in December but tbh I hope they will ask me to redo it in order to have a longer COPR validity period).

It also indicates my background check is being processed.

I wonder why it's going so fast all of a sudden. I hope they don't give me a 60 day ultimatum to pack my stuff and move.

No, I did not get any acknowledgment of receipt. The email address that you used is correct. Don't worry and have patience. Check your CIC profile to see if anything changes. From the info I gathered on this forum thread it usually takes around 15-20 days for them to update the profile and then they send a request to do the medical visit.
Thanks @BillyWescott

BTW I got the Do you still want to immigrate email on the 19th April as well. I think my GCKey status also changed to submitted around the same time.

Yes - even my status says Medical results are done (however, in my case, they had actually asked for the remedical)
and That they are checking the Background Verification.

Hoping that this gets done real soon :)

I hope I can land in Canada before August - Ive heard that the jobs market tanks from around Oct - Feb