COPR and coronavirus

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
@Armank90

Thanks for your detailed response.
Can you pls clarify what exactly you mean by “...following year“?
When you receive PPR:

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of PPR letter (not 6 months). *You need to renew your passport.

· Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel.

Reactions: Jpsingh77

Jpsingh77

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Ok...got it now.

Thanks for the clarification...appreciate your help.

When you receive PPR:

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of PPR letter (not 6 months). *You need to renew your passport.

· Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel.

Reactions: Armank90

akhan101

Jan 31, 2019
Hi! I was wondering is someone could answer my query. I got my COPR last year in December it's valid took June 2021 however, there are travel restrictions in Canada and lockdown because of COVID-19 so it's difficult to travel and settle down. I raised a web form but they gave a generic response (copied below)

If we already approved your PR application, and you're outside Canada, you can't come to Canada to validate your CoPR and land as a PR right now, unless:
• Your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
• You are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, and you can't travel to Canada before your CoPR and PR visa expires, or those documents have already expired?
• To know what the next steps are, we invite you to consult this information on our website.
Is it possible to get an extension on COPR? Can one travel to Canada for a period of less than 15 days?

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
@BillyWescott
No I did not respond to the same email. The email titled "Do you still want to Immigrate ?", came from a different account and I had to respond to a different one. I kept the subject line as my Application number. Also I did get the acknowledgement. Hope this helps.

I see a lot of people have received the re-medical request but me. I got the update in my account (from approved to submitted) on Saturday 17th April, 2021.
Since then nothing. Anyone still waiting for the re-medical request or is it just me. :p

Appreciate the help.

kanugln3

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
@BillyWescott
No I did not respond to the same email. The email titled "Do you still want to Immigrate ?", came from a different account and I had to respond to a different one. I kept the subject line as my Application number. Also I did get the acknowledgement. Hope this helps.

I see a lot of people have received the re-medical request but me. I got the update in my account (from approved to submitted) on Saturday 17th April, 2021.
Since then nothing. Anyone still waiting for the re-medical request or is it just me. :p

Appreciate the help.
Bro in the same boat, profile update 17, not remed request. IRCC is running a roulette table wait for your favorite number ;)

K&K

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Disclaimer : follow my advice at your own risk

Respond to the email with UMI number and attach the receipt they gave you
In parallel, submit a webform

They may consider your medicals. Wait for a week or two and then get your meds done.
im in the same boat I have raised a web form and will reply to the mail I will attach a copy of the upfront medicals, if despite that im I asked to do a re-medical ill have to do it. The only doubt is that I have shifted to Mumbai now and got my medicals and upfront medicals done, when I was in Delhi, will that have an adverse effect on my application if I get my new medical done in Mumbai ?

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi! I was wondering is someone could answer my query. I got my COPR last year in December it's valid took June 2021 however, there are travel restrictions in Canada and lockdown because of COVID-19 so it's difficult to travel and settle down. I raised a web form but they gave a generic response (copied below)

Is it possible to get an extension on COPR? Can one travel to Canada for a period of less than 15 days?
You have not indicated whether you're exempt from travel restrictions or not, or if you are from a visa exempt country. If the first condition is correct, even though inconvenient, the best course of action is to travel and stablish residency. If you are not exempt from travel restrictions; however, your CoPR will expire, and you should await new instructions from IRCC. (If your medical and visa also expire, you will receive either a medical extension or remed request, and new PPR in time)
On the other hand, If you are from a visa exempt country, IRCC might extend your CoPR.

Sahilvee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
@BillyWescott

Appreciate the help.
@JagjyotSingh
That’s true,the email which we are getting it’s from different email Id .but when u click on reply its automatically reply to that email only which they have mentioned in the mail.
Can you please share your timeline of your case?when they sent you the mail and when you replied ,when u got the acknowledgment email.reply would be appreciated.I shall be thankful to you.

mgodara

Apr 8, 2019
Disclaimer : follow my advice at your own risk

Respond to the email with UMI number and attach the receipt they gave you
In parallel, submit a webform

They may consider your medicals. Wait for a week or two and then get your meds done.
Thanks a lot - this is very helpful. I've submitted the web-form, now let's see if I hear back from them or they accept these medical. Btw, sorry if this has already been answered on the thread:
- How can one know if the medical has been accepted by IRCC or not? Do they update the status on the portal?
- I got my re-medical request via the portal and not email. Is there a way I can respond with an attachment to this message on the portal somehow? There's no option of uploading documents in the " uploaded document.." section

Last edited:
Reactions: WantToImmigrate

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Guys. I know a lot of people get annoyed by the fact that anyone who resides in the US can actually go to the border and activate their PR as opposed to those who are somewhere else. I am from EU and my Copr expires in 2 weeks. I thought I would take my chances and do everything I could legally do to not let my Copr expire. I flew to Mexico and spent 14 days there. I couldn't fly to the US directly because the US restricts flying from the Schengen area. After 14 days in Mexico, I flew to California where I bought a car and drove to the US/Canada border. I could rent a car also but I thought I might as well buy it as I would need a car in Canada from the very beginning. I wouldn't have to pay tax on it as it's in the goods to follow list. Today I crossed the border. First exported my car out of the US and then drove up to the Canadian side. Activated my PR, imported the car and went away to a quarantine place where I am at now. It was kinda complicated but I was really fed up with waiting and waiting. I wanted to move on with my life. I am happy I did it and am finally a Permanent Resident of Canada. To anyone who is able to do what I did: just do it. Do not wait. It's doable, it costs more money but hey, the wait is finally over!
No family in Canada. No job offer. Not except in any way. COPR issued November 2020
enjoyed every bit of your msg :)
in Canada.. you still have to quarantine 3 days at government-authorized hotels? correct?

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Congratulations @sunkilmoon ! Bold of you to try it that way !

Did you have to go through the land border ? Or you could have taken a flight too ?
Did you have to stay any duration in US at all ? Did they ask you at the border how long you were in US ?

My temporary visa in Australia is running out and I'm wondering if I should try something like this too...
keep us posted

Reactions: keisersausey