01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Hi Guys,

My parents have the approved COPR issued after March 18, 2020 but the visa will expire in May.

Can they come to Canada and validate the COPR now?

I have bought the tickets in January for they landing in May and if I cancel, I will lose a lot. I didn't check the news very often, but today I come across o_Othe restriction news saying:

If you’re outside Canada
You can’t come to Canada to validate your COPR and land as a permanent resident right now.

You may be able to come only if:

Hope someone can answer my questions. Thank you so much guys.
I think no. Why? Fail here ->
  • your COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 or

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Why Sue? Sue will not get anything right. We don't want Sue. Sue and the people have no issue with me. I only want IRCC work and stop being lazy. I want them understand the suffering on applicants they mess up. Their service is so poor and not worth a develop country standard. It is like low tier like my public service in my home.
You got it right here sis. A developed country does not mean the best Govt Service.
Govt service is still the same as you compare with any developing country but you can get your work done in less time comparatively because of less population and almost no corruption.

Last edited:

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
I agree with you about the stupidity of IRCC and Canada not surviving without immigrants.
They could have done way better but this was 1st time that they faced this kind of problem.
There were many other issues that also came up because of the pandemic then there are family reunification cases.

Also, the people working for IRCC are just clerks. They are not tech-savvy at all.
Everyone thought that Corona will vanish in 4-6 months but we are back to the same position after 1 year.
Also, medical is only valid for 1 year. IRCC can not issue visas for a longer period. There is no point in reissuing a visa if you are Post Mar 18 2020 approved.

Everyone is ready to go to Canada but Canada does not have the capacity to absorb people as of now.
Yes, true true.
"this was 1st time that they faced this kind of problem" + "IRCC can not issue visas for a longer period" = they do need to more flexible so that respond to kind of new problem...

Canada IRCC seem inflexible and slow. Covid made them worse, but other countries too. My friends and cousin immigrate England and some in the EU. But their process took less 6 months. For Canada, I wait 15 months orlso.

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
You got it right here bro. A developed country does not mean the best Govt Service.
Govt service is still the same as you compare with any developing country but you can get your work done in less time comparatively because of less population and almost no corruption.
Hey I girl ! No bro me :p

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Yes, true true.
"this was 1st time that they faced this kind of problem" + "IRCC can not issue visas for a longer period" = they do need to more flexible so that respond to kind of new problem...

Canada IRCC seem inflexible and slow. Covid made them worse, but other countries too. My friends and cousin immigrate England and some in the EU. But their process took less 6 months. For Canada, I wait 15 months orlso.
Compare the no of people immigrating to UK or other European countries and also the process(pre-covid times) with Canada's.
I am sure you will find a significant amount of difference.
Also, I am not sure about the immigration policies of European countries but I believe Canada has one of the fastest and easiest processes(again pre-covid times).
Not everyone can get a PR for UK or European country directly from their home country.

ARookie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I sent a web form telling them my COPR expired and I am now ready to travel so please extend my COPR (in a very polite way) but they did nothing to initiate the extension. Instead, they just sent a generic reply that referred me to their official website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired which didn't help at all. This is some bullsh*t! Does anyone else have a similar experience?
Were you approved after Mar 18 2020?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Why Sue? Sue will not get anything right. We don't want Sue. Sue and the people have no issue with me. I only want IRCC work and stop being lazy. I want them understand the suffering on applicants they mess up. Their service is so poor and not worth a develop country standard. It is like low tier like my public service in my home.
Wow! Just wow!

I disagree with you so much that I am just not going to respond.

The End.

pavie24

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

It's been exactly a month since I responded to the 'Do you still want to immigrate?' email.

I have a ghost update in my profile.
My application status changed to 'Application/profile updated'.

The latest update shows - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.