+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
I dunno why are you saying that about US citizens but read this - https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/02/25/canada-border-us-reopen/

"Americans have been unable to visit Canada since early 2020 because of coronavirus restrictions"

Farm workers are tough to find in Canada, and if you don't grow.. well we all know what happens

International students bring in a LOT more foreign money than PRs. Universities employ local people.

For a person who is in Canada, Canada is a better place as compared to where ever he or she is from. Thus, looking towards interest of people present in Canada, family reunification.

I think you are not looking from a broader perspective as I requested before. I hope to have settled your thoughts.

Be calm. Good will happen.

Or if you are so negative about Canada, there are other options too.

I am grateful to Canada for giving me the opportunity of dreaming to be a PR and I don't like people speaking ill of their practices when they are bending over backwards for us :)
He is talking about IMMIGRATION APPLICANTS. That's why the majority of people are following this forum. Unlike people from other places, U.S residents who have valid CoPR can cross the border into Canada. They were never restricted. And now, you are dismissing the information on the official IRCC website and resort to WP! International students bring more revenue to Canada? What a BS. Immigrants have kids, as well. They will attend Canadian schools, as well. Guess what, in contrast to foreign students, immigrants will contribute to the national workforce, and pay tax. And...
This post was edited by the moderator because freedom of speech cannot be practiced here

Last edited:

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
He is talking about IMMIGRATION APPLICANTS. That's why the majority of people are following this forum. Unlike people from other places, U.S residents who have valid CoPR can cross the border into Canada. They were never restricted. And now, you are dismissing the information on the official IRCC website and resort to WP! International students bring more revenue to Canada? What a BS. Immigrants have kids, as well. They will attend Canadian schools, as well. Guess what, in contrast to foreign students, immigrants will contribute to the national workforce, and pay tax. And...
This post was edited by the moderator because freedom of speech cannot be practiced here
He was talking about US citizens before now you have changed to applicants from the US. I am not "resort"ing to anything.

US applicants were restricted. The travel restriction page is modified from time to time. Please share URL from ircc website from March 2020 that applicants from US are allowed to travel.

Border crossings are way different from flights. One can't social distance in a metal tube with everyone breathing the same air.

Further, most applicants from US have applied because they would otherwise have to return to their home country. People like me are already in their home country.

Further more, you can travel from the US to Canada now too. This may have changed since I last visited the travel restriction page.

The other point about students, I am not going to comment on it because you used derogatory language.

As for the comment you made about FoS, this is a privately owned website. They have their t&c.

In your eyes this may be bad, in mine its okay; I accept this from a country I soon wish to call home.

And the bottom line, this is taking a lot of my time. If you or someone else don't understand or agree with Canada, I never heard of Canada forcing people to apply.

Last edited:

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
[/QUOTE]
I'll agree to disagree and might read this forum once in a while, but won't bother any of you with my nonsense.

Wish everybody all the best in futures!
Bye
*bending over*
I get your sarcasm. I'd welcome you to apply to visit US once and see the difference in application process.

Let me add "(in comparison to application process in other countries)" before I am hit with more posts

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
You were talking about US citizens before now you have changed to applicants from the US. I am not "resort"ing to anything.

US applicants were restricted. The travel restriction page is modified from time to time. Please share URL from ircc website from March 2020 that applicants from US are allowed to travel.

Border crossings are way different from flights. One can't social distance in a metal tube with everyone breathing the same air.

Further, most applicants from US have applied because they would otherwise have to return to their home country. People like me are already in their home country.

Further more, you can travel from the US to Canada now too. This may have changed since I last visited the travel restriction page.

The other point about students, I am not going to comment on it because you used derogatory language.

As for the comment you made about FoS, this is a privately owned website. They have their t&c.

In your eyes this may be bad, in mine its okay; I accept this from a country I soon wish to call home.

And the bottom line, this is taking a lot of my time. If you or someone else don't understand or agree with Canada, I never heard of Canada forcing people to apply.
You were bullying Klaverveld. Inviting others to choose another path is not the correct attitude when they are pointing out an existing issue. I can even see that you continue your attitude when you say 'nobody has forced you to apply' or when you compare the processing procedures of Canadian immigration to that of the U.S. I won't even try to criticize the former point and the insolence thereof. The latter is like saying "you're so lucky; things were way worse in Germany during the Third Reich." We all hold Canada to a higher standard. Your attitude is extremely dangerous, and it should be stoped for the sake of posterity. If not, it will later open the way for others to say "well, you were robbed here in Canada. But you know what? nobody invited you to come to our country. Return to whatever backwater country you came from." or when you see injustice which I am confident you will in the future because of your ethnicity, others might say "well, it's your doing. why didn't you go to Australia if you think this is an injustice". Just stop. show some humility. Show some respect. Show some compassion toward others in hardship. If you can't, just be silent. Don't kick them when they're down. And thank god that you don't have more time to bully more people. I won't continue as the forum Gestapo might edit or delete this as well!

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
You were bullying Klaverveld. Inviting others to choose another path is not the correct attitude when they are pointing out an existing issue. I can even see that you continue your attitude when you say 'nobody has forced you to apply' or when you compare the processing procedures of Canadian immigration to that of the U.S. I won't even try to criticize the former point and the insolence thereof. The latter is like saying "you're so lucky; things were way worse in Germany during the Third Reich." We all hold Canada to a higher standard. Your attitude is extremely dangerous, and it should be stoped for the sake of posterity. If not, it will later open the way for others to say "well, you were robbed here in Canada. But you know what? nobody invited you to come to our country. Return to whatever backwater country you came from." or when you see injustice which I am confident you will in the future because of your ethnicity, others might say "well, it's your doing. why didn't you go to Australia if you think this is an injustice". Just stop. show some humility. Show some respect. Show some compassion toward others in hardship. If you can't, just be silent. Don't kick them when they're down. And thank god that you don't have more time to bully more people. I won't continue as the forum Gestapo might edit or delete this as well!
Bully? Insolence? Are you kidding me?

And you think i don't understand hardship? You think i am not down? Come on

I started this in 2018. Its been 3 years now. No one who starts the application thinks - oh well I'll move after three years.

My attitude is dangerous? What are you talking about? Did you even see how self centered the other person's views were? A government has to think of everyone not just a handful of people.

Third reich.. where ever you are going with this I will not follow

If I were robbed in Canada, I would have rights that I will not give up.. what rights do I have as an applicant?

You are blowing this way out of proportion.

Last edited:

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
This !!!. Take it from me, I have experienced this so many times. I am a black person who have been subtly told in the past that I could migrate to other countries if I wasn't happy with the way things were handled/run.

I don't know where he is from? but if he is from the same nationality as the person he addressed, then this is just sad and this is the problem we are experiencing in the world today. Never address anyone that way regardless of where they come from

Like they now say "It be your own people"

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
This !!!. Take it from me, I have experienced this so many times. I am a black person who have been subtly told in the past that I could migrate to other countries if I wasn't happy with the way things were handled/run.

I don't know where he is from? but if he is from the same nationality as the person he addressed, then this is just sad and this is the problem we are experiencing in the world today. Never address anyone that way regardless of where they come from

Like they now say "It be your own people"
I really don't get where the discussion is going towards.. I never said anything about colour.. it was just a discussion of why Canada is doing this and not that.. and why applicants are allowed from US and not from other countries

How it came to skin tone I don't know.. have I faced bias because of my skin tone? yes.. but labelling me as a bully, insolent, etc.; That's just not right.

Do you think expecting unlisted rights as an applicant to a program in these once-in-a-century times is correct?

Last edited:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Just to add on the money contribution thing. International student fees are almost 1.5-2 times higher than local students.
Also, schools are free for kids or almost free for PR. There are private schools but only affluent people can afford it.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Just to add on the money contribution thing. International student fees are almost 1.5-2 times higher than local students.
Also, schools are free for kids or almost free for PR. There are private schools but only affluent people can afford it.
I disagree, I believe that immigrants would bring more money compared to students. Immigrants would sell their house and all just to come to Canada. It maybe because Canada is not approving outland applicants is that they will compete with those who are jobless at the moment.

But still, Canada should have already assurance now on how they will process outland applicants. They also have a life, and they planned it by migrating to Canada. You can’t blame them if they arealready frustrated by now.

Reactions: AmyCLC

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I disagree, I believe that immigrants would bring more money compared to students. Immigrants would sell their house and all just to come to Canada. It maybe because Canada is not approving outland applicants is that they will compete with those who are jobless at the moment.

But still, Canada should have already assurance now on how they will process outland applicants. They also have a life, and they planned it by immigrating to Canada. You can’t blame them if they arealready frustrated by now.
I am not talking about agreeing or disagreeing on anything.
I was just comparing the "fees".

Also, a student will always bring more money because he ultimately settles down and become a citizen. So he is starting from scratch.
Student->Worker->PR->Citizen( You can figure out the fees/expenses by yourself).

I agree with your point of no approving outland because of the bad job market. Even school teachers are getting laid off over here. What do you expect from the Canadian Govt?
If you have a job in your home country, you are in a much better situation.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate