+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
One way to check if they've received your email is by calling @ Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (using TextNow desktop app). Its their customer support number. I did the same and was assured that the next steps would be informed soon.
Hi, so i tried calling with this app albeit on the mobile app but it wouldn't go through. I was thinking since its a US number thats why it wouldn't connect.

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
All good then, thank you for replying again!

It would be great if we keep each other posted as we are in similar situations almost and i don't know many people who are pre march 2020 copr holders.

All the best!
Hello, I am pre march also and below is my Timeline

COPR Issued Jan 2020
COPR expired July 2020
Medical Expired Sept 2020
Started sending RTT webforms from Sept 2020, got generic responses
Did up an Upfront Medical In Feb 2021, before IRCC started asking People not to do Upfront medical
Medical has still not been updated in my profile till date
Started sending emails in Feb 2021 to my Visa Office Ottawa
Got the 2 option mail on the 25th March
I responded immediately and chose option 1
Got PPR in my online profile 9th April

Below is an extract of the Option 1,
I wish you all the best and quick response soon
@WantToImmigrate this is where it started that the new copr will be annotated, so AL might not apply to us again
Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. You will be sent a request to submit your passport to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires. If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to immigrate to Canada in the future.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Hey sorry...if you feel I was not polite..... I meant to say that what is your AOR and VO ??? And had you got remedical request ??? .....

Reactions: Obamayang

PkMolaJi

Sep 21, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
01-05-2018
Nomination.....
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Request
12-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-06-2019
Passport Req..
30-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2019
I ALSO RECEIVED EMAIL FROM IRCC IN SPAM FOLDER ON 7 APRIL 2020, IN WHICH IRCC ASKED ME TO SUBMIT MY RESPONSE BEFORE 16 APRIL OTHERWISE MY FILE WILL BE PERMANENTLY CLOSED.
PREVIOUSLY I ALWAYS RECEIVED IRCC EMAILS IN MY INBOX BUT THIS TIME (7 April 2020) IT'S STRANGE THAT IRCC EMAIL WAS IN MY SPAM FOLDER. FIRTUNATELY I CHCKED IT AND DID NOT MISS IT.

dhruv_delhi

Jun 25, 2019
PREVIOUSLY I ALWAYS RECEIVED IRCC EMAILS IN MY INBOX BUT THIS TIME (7 April 2020) IT'S STRANGE THAT IRCC EMAIL WAS IN MY SPAM FOLDER. FIRTUNATELY I CHCKED IT AND DID NOT MISS IT.
what was the subject line of this email and email id also, if you can share.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020

COPR Issued Jan 2020
COPR expired July 2020
Did up an Upfront Medical In Feb 2021, before IRCC started asking People not to do Upfront medical

@WantToImmigrate this is where it started that the new copr will be annotated, so AL might not apply to us again
Option 1: Confirm that you plan to travel to Canada before the validity date above. You will be sent a request to submit your passport to IRCC for physical reissuance of your CoPR (and your PR visa, if you are a citizen of a visa required country). Your CoPR will be annotated to indicate that it is a replacement for a document issued on or before March 18, 2020. If you select this option, you must use your re-issued CoPR and PR visa before the validity date printed on the new documents expires. If you do not use them before they expire, you will need to submit a new application if you want to immigrate to Canada in the future.
Hello,

That is very good news congrats, and thank you for sharing.

So the validity date was a year after you redid your medicals? (feb 2022) or based on what did they give you a date to enter Canada? Do you have enough time to wrap everything up before leaving?

I am worried why they still haven't send me a PPR request although my medical exam was passed don Jan 27th...
But i am happy to read that many pre march copr holders and receiving PPRs.. also it is great that they have mentioned that this copr is a replacement of the old one.

In the letter they send to me, they were clear that 'A new COPR and VISA can be issued on the new medical results. Landing expiry date is within 1 year of new medical exam date.' That was written on the letter they sent me.

See i just hope they dont' send me the copr in december and tell me i have until Jan to land in canada :)

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019

COPR Issued Jan 2020
COPR expired July 2020

The email I got didn't have a validity date..

Did yours have a validity date?

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
The email I got didn't have a validity date..

Did yours have a validity date?
Yes mine had Validity of February 2022 and i had to confirm that my passport and those of my dependents were valid past that date.
They mentioned that my COPR would be extended to that date. i am guessing they used the medical date though my medical has not been updated in my profile but i did my upfront in February.

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
Hello,

That is very good news congrats, and thank you for sharing.

So the validity date was a year after you redid your medicals? (feb 2022) or based on what did they give you a date to enter Canada? Do you have enough time to wrap everything up before leaving?

I am worried why they still haven't send me a PPR request although my medical exam was passed don Jan 27th...
But i am happy to read that many pre march copr holders and receiving PPRs.. also it is great that they have mentioned that this copr is a replacement of the old one.

In the letter they send to me, they were clear that 'A new COPR and VISA can be issued on the new medical results. Landing expiry date is within 1 year of new medical exam date.' That was written on the letter they sent me.

See i just hope they dont' send me the copr in december and tell me i have until Jan to land in canada :)
Thank you, i am guessing the date was based on the medical, but who knows??

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Yes mine had Validity of February 2022 and i had to confirm that my passport and those of my dependents were valid past that date.
They mentioned that my COPR would be extended to that date. i am guessing they used the medical date though my medical has not been updated in my profile but i did my upfront in February.
Mine had no validity date.. even my profile too was not updated with latest medicals.. I just chose option that listed current medical validity and I am hoping for the best.. lets see

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Could you share where was the validity date written.. I have search throughout the email I got there is no date there..

Srh11

Jun 1, 2020
Don't worry.. IRCC will contact you.. I mean they contacted me when I last contacted them in July stating I wont be able to travel.. in case you are in a hurry to travel you can look into travelling through USA.. there are a lot of ifs and buts related to it
Have you got your new copr as mine expired in july 2020

Visa Aspirant

Oct 19, 2020
I am in USA so travel exempt. I have COPR and PR Visa expiry in June 2021. I am unable to travel due to wife being pregnant at this point.
My COPR and PRV matches exactly my passport expiry date and Meds expire on June 30th. What are my options ? Can I ask for COPR / PRV extension or its not advisable to do so ? Do IRCC even grant extensions for such cases ?